Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Muse 12

Post number two for today. I just might make more cards and keep adding posts allllll day long. Then again, the mojo might disappear and this is the last one. Which ever way the wind blows.... For this card, I pulled out an old flourish stamp - one that's been taking up space in the drawer, but one that I just couldn't give to my granddaughter, or toss, or give to a friend. Some small voice in the back of my head said to save it and since I always (usually) (sometimes) listen to those little voices, I did save it. Now I'm glad I did. It was the image that pinged around my brain when I saw this beautiful card by Theresa Calvird over at Muse.

Muse




I have this stamp set, and have used the leafy stamp fairly often. Not today. As much as I like it, I couldn't erase the flourish that was pinging. Stubborn old brain! Anyway...I did use a portion of the set. You'll see...


The three little flowers are from that SU set. I was inspired by the colors that Theresa used, as well as the 'flow' of the card. Really quite a quick card to make. Bazzill white card base, SU inks and water color pencil/blender pen, PTI Birthday Basic sentiment, random pale green pearls, a dab of stickles (see Susan, trying to use up more clutter : ) woohoo!), and the flourish is from Stampabilities. Now, I'm off to do the happy dance--I've got more time to make more cards, yipee!--and you should too. 



17 comments:

sandie said...

love your Muse card and glad you listened to that little voice. The SU flowers are perfect with the flourish. Happy Dance away!

Ardyth said...

So beautiful! You've captured the same delicate feel of the Muse's purple shading and the movement of the leaves. And the yellow beads are a genius finishing touch! Thanks for playing along!

xiumaiyuki said...

This is lovely. I always have a hard time using purple... yours looks soooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

A perfectly pinged card, Bev ... the flourish is glorious adorned with those soft green pearls and I love how you've done the delicate watercolour shading on the flowers! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

I just LoVe how your card flows that flourish really is TDF, especially with those added pearls they are perfect!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY swirls!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous. The flowers and flourish do flow so perfectly. Great colors and love the little bling with the pearls. Loll :)

Gillian R said...

Very pretty and that florish stamp goes perfectly, just as well you held on to it

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful card! I love your flourishes and the pretty shade of purple you chose for your flowers!

maria f. said...

Happy to hear you're happy dancing :) This is like the perfect case of a card. Dontchaluv when that pinging kicks in?!?!?

Geri said...

You deserve to be dancing happily around your craft room because you have created a card that absolutely and totally captures 'movment'.

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL water colored flowers (forget-me-knots or Johnny Jump Ups ???).

The pearls are so perfectly placed to draw the eye from the flowers, out along the beatiful swirls.

Awesome job dear friend! You best be finding a way to market that ping thing....

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous take on this week's Muse. Your colors are so perfect and your flowers look almost real and those sweet swirls with all the pearls, so lovely.

Darnell said...

Swirls with pearls! I think Kim said that pretty Darnellishly, so I'm dittoing her, Bevie. This is really one of your best works! It makes me sigh, happily!!

cm said...

Purple flowers, pearly swirls - everything flows beautifully! Gorgeous 're-vision' of the MUSE challenge! This is a 'happy dance' inspiration for sure!!
c

Neets B said...

This is so elegant, those swirls are stunning :)

aworkofheart said...

I just love your card, it really stands out with the flourishes for leaves. Good choice always to go with the gut! Hugs Cathryn

Chris Dring said...

Yours was one of the cards I voted for! Love your interpretation of the Muse card!