Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool's Day

Well so far, today is no fool's day. Instead there's only been really good news for a couple of blog friends. First of all, Ardyth from Maskerade has been named by Jackie Rockwell as the new DT Coordinator at Muse. Stop over at both places and check out Ardyth's work, leave a little love, and also pop over to Muse and check out that challenge--it's a blast! Be sure to tell Jackie how much you enjoy Muse, and hey, while you're there, play along! Doin' the Happy Dance for Ardyth and Muse!

Then, Geri G. from Manitoba Stamper won last week's CASology challenge, Hope. Her card was amazing, and I'm so pleased for her! You will be too when you stop at her blog and see what she made. Am doin' the Happy Dance for her too!

Now on to other things...

I'd like to say thank you to the DT over at Unscripted Sketches. My card was chosen as a Top Three pick for last week's challenge, along with Glee's and LeAnne's. I am tickled, and at the same time very humbled. With all the wonderful card makers out there, it still amazes me that a DT finds my work worthy of such an honor. Thank you US.

This month really starts the avalanche of birthdays in our family and friends network. Three this week, plus one anniversary. Just in case Jennifer reads this today - Happy 18th Anniversary to you and Dennis. Blessings today and always my dear friend! And for the first birthday on the list, I played along with the Be Inspired 25 Challenge at The Alley Way Stamps, and used the sketch from Unscripted Sketches #204. That sketch is so cool, and when I started placing my elements, they fit into the sketch really well. And if you head over to the TAWS blog, you'll find this incredible inspiration photo:

US_sketch204  

Can you just imagine the possibilities?!! I have to tell you what inspired me from the photo. Naturally, the polka dots, the colors, and the daisies, but if you look closely in the lower left hand corner, you'll see little pie chart thingys. When you see my card, you'll get it.


Feels springy to me. And a happy birthday card. Our DDIL will get a kick out of it. Every single piece of paper, except the SU white card base, was a scrap. So I really don't know which manufacturer made which paper. I used the Die-namics Crown Border die from MFT with a scrap of green in honor of the bits of green in the photo, and it gives it a good finishing touch, I think. The daisies are from somewhere, but couldn't tell you exactly who made them. Same with the ribbon scrap. However!,...the stamps are from TAWS Adorabowl set. If you don't own any TAWS stamps yet, put them on your wish list. Seriously. The inks are from Memento London Fog, and Hero Arts Neon Pink. So did you get it? Pie, pie chart....ok, dorky, but it works for me. (Don't say anything, Sue J...) So anyway, have a good day, and do a little happy dance!

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love it! The daisies, polka dots and bright colours are perfect! And your pie chart is very clever. I know which half I want! lol! Thank you so very much for your kind words! And, congrats on the US shout out - I know exactly how you feel - I'm always surprised (and pleased and honoured) if my cards get special mention!

Geri said...

Shut the front door! Bev, you have created an absolutely vision of gorgeousness (ya think that is a real word?). The yellow ribbon detail at the side of the card is stunning. But the cutie pie chart is out of this world clever!!! And of course, your colors rock (as they always do).

Thank you dear friend for your sweet shout out about my CASology card. After reading Ardyth's comment, I can see that we truly appreciate the kind and caring people that are part of this fun blog land that we choose to live in :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just brilliant news about Ardyth at Muse ... and wasn't Geri's card a study in perfection? What lovely tributes to them both!

I left you a message for your quite splendid US card ... hope it made it to you because tonight I've had comments disappearing all over the place. If it didn't ... congratulations!

Now, this delightful confection, I thought of you when I saw the TAWs challenge with all those polka dots ... and you've created a card so fresh and vibrant and clever ... LOVE it ... completely! Anita :)

dstandard said...

Love your take on t he sketch! Fabulous work! Thanks for playing at US!

SmilynStef said...

So fun ... love those vibrant colors.