Monday, July 3, 2017

Red, White, and Blue

Happy Fourth of July Eve. It's all about the red, white, and blue in the US right now. Already in some places around the country, there have been Independence Day celebrations complete with picnics, parades and pyrotechnic displays. Here in my hometown, we'll be having all that 'on the day.' I can walk West half a block and see the parade if I want, and in the evening I can walk the four houses to the East with my lawn chairs and watch the fireworks go off over the Lake. Since DH is not feeling quite up to snuff, we'll probably just stay home which is fine with me.While he's still in bed this morning getting some healing rest, I had time to make a pretty QAEZ (quick and easy) card. One card, three challenges. But I'll bet if I searched all the challenges out there, I could find several more with similar themes, but I think I'll just stick to these three: Less Is More, Curtain Call, and Time Out (without the topping of one-layer).




Grab Our Badge!

Here's my card for today:


I thing this has a bit of a masculine flavor to it as well. The stripes are from AE with Apple ink from ME. The starts are RC with navy ink, and the SSS sentiment is cut with an MFT die. One scrap of red to make that panel shine a bit more, and popped up for funsies. And now, since I have some NBUS (naughty me) sitting on my desk calling my name, and since DH is still sleeping, I might just do a bit more crafting! 


14 comments:

Barb said...

A lovely patriotic card Bev. Good luck with your challenges. I hope your hubby will grow in strength day by day. Barbxx

Anita in France said...

Cool and graphic and so stylish, Bev ... rather handsome actually! So happy to see you're carving out some time to craft ... and sharing your wonderful makes with us! Hope that sleep proved restorative for John ... thinking of you both! Big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Oops ... I was so busy thinking of you, I forgot to say how delighted I am that you played along with us at Time Out with this delicious card! BH&B, A:)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super stylish card, beautiful geometric interest and a brilliant CAS creation. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

Marilyn said...

Great cards, Bev. Love the patriotic colors and your white one in a previous post. Both perfectly CAS to me. Glad you're getting some time to play. Hugs!

lostinpaper said...

Great masculine design!

Darnell said...

Happy 4th of July back at you, Bevie! Your patriotic card is fantastic! Enjoy your day tomorrow and I do hope DH is feeling lots better soon!! Lots of love and hugs, Darnell

Kathyk said...

Loving the clean and graphic lines of your fab card

Kathyk

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Bev! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW, this is fabulous Bev ! What a beautiful CAS and masculine card ! It is so neat and the design is just awesome ! An amazing take on our challenge ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Lynn said...

I LOVE those stripes. They are fabulous Bev. Such a great masculine and patriotic card. So happy to have you playing with us at Time Out and Curtain Call!

Neets B said...

This is a fabulous nod to the 4th of July, Bev. Love this crisp clean design, and a great masculine one too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Kylie said...

Happy 4th of July! Love your sweet patriotic card. I totally love everything about it. Might have to try and CASE is somehow if that is okay! :)

Bobby said...

Perfect patriotic card, Bev. As you can see I'm late on commenting and just going from post to post so the 4th is over but it was a good day spent at the lake. I hope your 4th was a happy one.