So I made a card for him. And I like it.
I popped into CASology earlier this week, and came up with ziltch. Nada. Zip. Nothing. Then a little something...nah.... Today a ping went off. Got it. It fits! It'll work. I can play along with CASology!!
This is my darling son's birthday card:
It's a matchbook! The bottom part kept popping open, so it looks a little lame. So much better irl...another bad photo *sigh*. And here's the inside:
The 'striker' part of the matchbook covers the very bottoms of the candles. If I were having a better photography day, I'd show you that part. But, it just isn't working for me.
I cut a strip of kraft into a 4x11 panel, and scored on the 1" and 5" marks, then folded it into the matchbook shape. Blue (and it's more of an aqua color than the photo shows...darn it all!) letters cut with MB Parker alpha dies. MME enamel dots. Unknown candle stamps, could be HA...Memento and Studio G inks. Random scrap of yellow cardstock 'flames' and a touch of stickles. Wplus9 inside sentiment. And that's all. Happy dances everyone