Friday, July 10, 2015

Happy Friday

Today started out amazingly! Got that 'special' phone call, and headed out to the chosen meeting place. As Michele and Tom were making their way home, they were kind enough to stop and have a quick cup of coffee before they made their way around Chicago and up the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. What a pleasure! And yes...she's as sweet in person as she is in the blogosphere. She's got more photos, but I'll share the one I have so you all can drool a bit. It's a real treat to be able to meet bloggy friends in real life, isn't it?! Someday, we should all have a convention....


It wasn't the most lovely of spots to meet, but it was right off I-94 where Tom and Michele could jump back on and head for home. Hope the rest of your drive went well and you have a good night's sleep in your very own bed!

I do have a card. In fact I have two. I was going for the trio, or quartet, but Mr. Mojo got overtired. But I'll keep working on it/them. These two are for the Lawnscaping Challenge, and the first one up is going in the gallery. 


My "sparkle and shine" are rather subtle as you'll see:


For this first card, I went with the LF 'hello' die. And if you look closely, you'll see I used a rich turquoise glitter paper and inlaid it into that delicious bit of striped paper (a snippet from Kim when we were at the Lake House. and I've been hoarding it. and I still have a teeny bit left...) The base is  a half sheet of aqua but no clue as to who made it. An MFT die for the rectangle, and three sequins for a bit more 'sparkle and shine.'

The next one refused to photograph well. I have no idea why...but it makes me happy irl. 


I got really sad when I was making this one. It was the last large bit of this sweet polkie dottie paper by Pebbles. But I managed to remedy that by finding a couple more sheets at one of my all-time favorite LSS, Polka Dots out in Mukwanago. Yay! The 'hello' is in glitter paper and there are 3 matchy-matchy pearls in the lower right hand corner. Pretty simple. Now. Go forth and have a great weekend. If the day remains nice, I'm headed out to dig weeds and do the outdoor chores (yuk). Happy dances everyone.


22 comments:

Ardyth said...

I love seeing more than one card made with the same supplies - it reminds me that I don't need to keep buying (I never seem to remember that when I'm at the shopping card part of the internet though! lol!) So glad you met Michele - she is full of fun and life, just like you - I can imagine the two of you hitting it off wonderfully! or should I say the 3 of you - Tom is very nice too!

Nora Noll said...

How fun that you got to meet a blog friend IRL!! I have been lucky enough to meet some friends from a Scrapbook web board over the years and it is always fun. Last year I was able to meet two wonderful online friends in LONDON. It was like I knew them too!!!

LOVE your fun cards. I have that die and should drag it out. I could tell on your first card that you used glitter on that sentiment. I LOVE it. It looks so pretty!! I am partial to polka dots myself and tiny polka dotted papers are my favorite. I love the simple design of your second card, letting that paper shine. Really fun design!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ho guys, So glad you got to meet!!! WOW!! So much FUN!!!!!!

Shelly said...

Beautiful pic! And two SWEET cards!
Happy Friday!

Lynn said...

Love your gorgeous CAS cards, but more importantly love that you and Michele got to meet. She is an absolute sweetheart. Was so lucky to meet her a few months ago...and I'm determined to meet you my dear friend! xoxo

Susanne Vargas said...

How wonderful that you got to meet a bloggy friend, too, this month! Isn't it fun? As fun as your cards! Love stripes and polka dots! Hate using the last of a favorite anything! Enjoy your weekend!

Darnell said...

I saw this on FB and had to come and see if there were more photos of you two adorable girls! I'm so jelly that I wasn't there, too! AND you managed to make two really sweet and darling cards, too! Way to go, Bevie! I hope you didn't overdo the yard chores! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....so jealous my dear friend! I have met you and several others from the blog world and I am sure Michele is as sweet as you are! What a wonderful treat for both of you! But I am still jealous...
Your cards are both so sweet and I love the clean look you created using such pretty patterned paper!
Miss you lots...have a wonderful weekend.

Kristie Goulet said...

So excited you and Michele got to meet, I have to say I am jealous but Michele has promised me that we are going to meet one of these days. ;) You are on my list of "wanna meet" bloggy friends too, Bev!

Love your cards. Thanks so much for sharing. XOXO

I Card Everyone said...

OH don't those smiles just tell the story? SOOOO happy that we were able to meet - thanks for the spot-on directions to detour all of that awful construction, Bev. AND Kringle - you know how to please us!!! there may be a few big toothy bites missing already =] hey... breakfast!!! I cannot wait to greet you to our home in Michigan some day SOON!! Thanks again, Bev it was so wonderful!
=]

Kim S said...

It's so wonderful to actually meet the people we've come to love from the blogging world! Your happy "hello" cards definitely reflect your happy mood!!

~amy~ said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the pleasure of meeting Michele and Tom and aren't they just WONDERFUL?!

Your cards? AWESOME.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

How fun!Looks like you had a great time together!!! Your designs are so cool - Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Lawnscaping Challenge, hugs, Karin

Brenda said...

You and Michele are so cute in this picture!! Both of your smiles are so beautiful, you both look so happy to been able to do this meet up for a cup of coffee. I love it! And I love both of your cards Bev! The glittery hello insert is so pretty in that fabulous striped paper. I love that polka dot paper on the next card too, the hello stands out so nicely! I'm glad you found more of that polka dot paper it is fabulous just like both of your cards. Hugs, Brenda

cm said...

You two, with your light-up-a-room smiles, are just gorgeous! What a treat to meet Michele, and for her to meet you. I want to meet you too...what are doing say, the morning of July 26th?
Your cards are Hello-happiness-making! Bright, fresh, fun! Your opening of "I was sad..." with the second had me worried, until I read on to discover that a special piece of paper was being used up (which is why I hoard, some times...tee hee). Great to know that a shopping trip remedied the situation! See...yet more evidence of how theraputic shopping is!
Awesome post...
Hugs~c

Geri said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky ladies! Yep - Carol was right...two smiles that light up the world. Sure wish it was me in that photo with you!

Awesome cards! The glittery "hello-s" looks so happy! Of course, the polkie dots alone made me smile! Love the sequins and the 'stitched' striped paper!

Deepti said...

How fun! Lucky ladies :) and fabulous cards as always !

Christiana said...

Great CAS cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful smiles from two beautiful souls, Bev ... you both look so happy in each others' company ... how lovely that you got to spend time together! Sweet and happy cards ... they're both so you ... stripes with shimmer ... and gorgeous glitter amid polka dots ... yum-my! Miss you, my lovely friend, Hugs & Bisous, Anita :)

Bobby said...

As you can probably tell I'm catching up on commenting from front to back. I'm so glad Michele got to stop and see your, Bev. She is a sweetie, isn't she? A convention would be lovely but what place would hold us all? lol Love your glittery 'hello' cards, btw. Take care and keep smiling.

Kylie said...

Oooh so wonderful that you were able to have a get-together with Michele! I wish we could have managed to get our FaceTime working the other night. Would have been wonderful to have our own little catch up! We must try again soon.

How lovely are your cards. I do think you are rocking the patterned paper too. You are going to have to give me some pointers - I have a bit to use up now. haha

PiecesbyEmily said...

ahhhh two of my favorite blog friends, together in one picture... LOVE it! I would love to meet you IRL one of these days. Have a great day, Bev!