Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Got My Mojo Workin'...

Well, how do you like that? Mr. Mojo put in overtime yesterday. Could scarcely believe that he hung around long enough for four, count 'em, four projects! And if that weren't enough, he has more plans for today! I'm totally thrilled that there will be two good days of crafting in a row, as the rest of July will most likely be busy with company, and meeting friends for lunch and shopping, and coffee, and outdoor work. Life is good. Really good!

Onto the projects now before this post gets out of hand. So first up is a tag I made for the current Tag Your It Challenge. Erin has created this gorgeous tag. Don't you just love that tulip? I didn't have one that I liked well enough, so went with a poppy instead as you'll see.


Mine looks like this.


I found some old LYB dp in my scrapbox, and went with that. In the cardstock scrapbox, I found a snippet of kraft. One more scrap for the poppy - a newsprint piece which I stamped with my NBUS Verve stamps in ME red and Jeni Bowlin blue. There are three PTI raindrops in the poppy's center, which of course you can't see well. The sentiment is also Verve. A few sequins, a bit of tan twine, and a little glittery burlap ribbon and done with this one!

Next is a card that will go into CASology. My popsicle card got an HM from the DT, so a big thank you for that! Love playing along at CASology, so it was a real treat to see that this card had been chosen! Thanks again Melissa, Tracey, and the DT over there. This week's Cue Card is:

 

I had a completely different idea for this, but the card (with some help from Mr. Mojo) morphed into what you're about to see:


My repeat is the "thanks." Layers of brightly colored cardstock surrounded by a bright yellow panel and more white. The die is from WPlus9, and all the cardstock are scraps except the Michaels white base. A few sequins and another one done! This is sooo happy looking irl. 

This next card uses more NBUS which I won playing along with the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. Miss dEb Davison kindly sent the goodies you're about to see. Thanks! I'm playing along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, where the theme is "Coffee or Tea." I'm guessing that many who hopped along with Amy's CLBH will be playing here too!

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Check it out:


Every single thing, except the inks were goodies from dEb. I started with the little coffee pot (don't you just love it?!), which is painted wood, and is popped onto a Prima 3x4" journaling card with the most enjoyable funky green color sentiment and coffee cup. The green panel behind that, is one I made with the stamp set dEb enclosed. Using my MISTI, I stamped a 4 x 51/4" white panel in a matchy-matchy Studio G green ink. Gotta love it when that happens! I added some VersaColor Sand ink to the edges to pick up the krafty color of the journal panel. It's not my exact style, but going out of my comfort zone is a good thing sometimes. Tell me what you think about this one...

And last, but certainly not least, is my Muse card. One of the newest members of the DT, Joan Bardee, has this incredible, incredible card to inspire us, and boy oh boy, the pings started going off in my brain as soon as I saw it. How fun is this??


CAS with lots of interest! My take looks like this:


Right away, I absolutely knew which scrap was going on the front of this card. Sorry I don't know who makes it, but I love this paper. (There's Halloweeny stuff on the back.) It looked like Joan used a ME die, so I did too. I found these brightly colored pleather flowers (which I think are from Target), and used them to pick up the reds and greens of her card. Went with a hand cut flag onto which I used a portion of more winnings, this time from SRM Stickers (thanks ladies!), for my sentiment. A smattering of red blings, and finished! And so am I. Bet you're tired of reading this...so I'll stop. Have a wonderful week, and happy dances everyone. 






30 comments:

Bobby said...

I'm glad I get to be the first to comment on these four fabulous cards, Bev. I have been away and not able to comment on things you've been making but I'm going to try to go back and do some. Meanwhile you've outdone yourself today. I think that tag is wonderful. I love the dp and that bright red poppy. Layering up a word die is a great way to "repeat" and the colors really pop. Yay! for prize packages. You've done well with your coffee goodies and your take on the MUSE card is spot on. Have a great week, Bev, and may the pings continue. :)

Hannelie said...

You sure had a productive day Bev!
Beautiful cards... Each one special in its own way!
I love your take on the repeat cue card!
Fabulous execution. Thanks for playing at Casology!

Joan B said...

wow, your mojo was going full steam ahead! Each one is great, but of course my favorite is the last!! You can never go wrong with flowers and the layout is one I use all the time. Simple but it works! FYI -- the die I used was from Waltzingmouse, but no matter, your card rocked the challenge!!

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

I just Love your tag!Gorgeous creation-and a fabulous take on the theme tag,
Nessa xxx

Kara Lynne said...

I'm just a wee bit jealous with what you accomplished, Bev. Not only quantity but quality as well! I love your poppy stamped on the newsprint and great papers to use for your tag! Thanks for joining the fun over at Tag, You're It! Congrats on your popsicle card,Bev, I loved that cute little guy! The rainbow thanks is another happy one. Fun goodies to use for the coffee/tea challenge. I love the polka dot pot. Those flowers are also fun, and a great CASE as well!

Buffy Burnside said...

Beautiful cards!

Darnell said...

Inspiration overload in a good way happening here, Bevie! Thank you for all these wonderful design ideas! I love them all, but I think that last MUSE cards edges into the front of the pack for me! Just gorgeous!! I'm so happy that you get two uninterrupted "ME" days to craft your works of art!! Love and hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Wow! Look at you go Bev!! Doing the happy dance for you! lol Your tag is amazing, I love your take off of Erin's. Love the poppy you used on it. I can see why your popsicle card got chosen as it was super sweet. Your repeat card is just so cool looking, I love seeing all the colors in the sentiment-great "repeat"! Your coffee pot card is very cool. Not exactly my style either, but I love how it looks. That teapot is just the cutest, I can't believe you had a PL card about coffee-what a great find for this card, and I just love the pattern you stamped. I think this card came together perfectly! Love your take on the Muse card challenge, those flowers are just so pretty! And of course I am loving the color combo by both of you ladies. I loved seeing all these wonderful projects Bev and I'm glad your mojo stuck around for you! Hugs, Brenda

Susanne Vargas said...

Could you please send your Mr. Mojo my way when you need a break???
Look at all those awesome projects! The tag is just fabulous, totally love the colorful thanks card, the coffee card is so sweet, and what an awesome take on the Muse! You are right, that paper is just perfect! Can't wait to see what you came up with today!

lostinpaper said...

So much fabulous inspiration Bev, LOVE those fab die cut bright flowers!

Martha said...

WOW...WOW...Bev...your mojo is certainly on fire! I love how you were inspired. Each one is so beautifully done!

Maura said...

Cute little coffee card! Love those stamps and papers! The coffee pot is so bright and cheery. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Ardyth said...

A stunning set of cards - love the rainbow stack of thanks and the pretty flowers for your Muse cards! So glad you joined us at Muse and CASology this week, my friend!

Joyce said...

Wow, Bev. Your mojo was certainly on fire. Four fantastic cards. I really especially love those brightly colored stacked die cuts on your CASology card. So happy you found the time to play along this week. I always love to see your cards in our gallery.

Nora Noll said...

Hey Mojo, I need you here!! Be-all your projects ROCK!! I love that you used things from your scrap bin too. The first tag is just adorable. I love the two tags together in the blue and then the red flower. The second card is GENIUS for the "repeat" challenge. I love how you chose to offset the dies just a teeny bit so you can get a peek of the different colored papers that you layered together.

Really like that you MADE that paper on the third card. I had to peek at it again. I thought it was patterned paper.

I think your last card is my favorite, though. I LOVE those fun flowers, that background. You just hit it out of the park. Now send Mr. Mojo over to me. I have the time but no ideas!!

Marybeth said...

You always make fun and beautiful cards! Look at you with 4 darling cards, well one tag. Love the tag with the script flower, and your thank you card is CAS , love that! The last card with the flowers is just perfect and I love the background paper you used. I am hoping to get in my craft room soon but I am so behind in comments. First things first! Hugs

Kim Heggins said...

Miss Bev...so many fabulous and fun projects, love them all! How fun that you found Mr. Mojo too, where was he hiding? From the looks of your card he was very handy to have around while crafting. I totally love your fabulous Muse card and that trio of sweet posies, just as cute as can be. Your coffee card is just as fabulous, love that pink polka dot pot (say that 3 times fast). Hope you are doing well...and hope that Mr. Mojo hangs around for awhile!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

How wonderful to get FOUR wonderful projects completed in ONE day!!! They are all wonderful in their own right. I love the tag and that you used bits and pieces from your stash to put it together. Love that burlap ribbon especially. Your take on the REPEAT cue is great. The colors all peek out and look great under the pink layer. Love your pink coffee pot with the lined cup and that great background paper. Your MUSE card is a great take on the inspiration as well. All wonderful!

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards Bev! Such a love dose of inspiration, I like the way u layered the sentiment in different colors :)

Becca Cruger said...

Wow!!! Your mojo definitely woke with a bang! 4 different, but equally beautiful designs?!? You should give Mr. Mojo a raise. :)
I especially adore your tag! The blue pattern mixture reminds me of fancy china and that artsy flower is amazing. Gorgeous color combo!

Geri said...

Oh yeah...you are firing on all cylinders pal! Incredible cards!

The bright red poppy paired with navy & craft is so sweetly 'country'.

The rainbow thanks is awesome! Such a great idea! Perfect splashes of bling!

Adore the pink polkie dot teapot...it is so stinkin' cute...I want to reach out and touch it!

The last card...oh my...love it to the moon & back. I think it is the combo of the bright colors and the cool background paper!

StampingbugKerry said...

Go Mojo, Go Mojo! Workin' overdrive! Love your take on Joan's card. The triad of posies is a perfect touch! PS...Love your other challenge cards too!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Superb cards as always Bev. Love your interpretation of 'repeat' this week, and your colour combo couldn't be better! CAS beauty! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great post, Bev! I came to check out the pretty details on your Muse card and was treated to so much more :) Love the layered "thnaks" card,

Jacquie Southas said...

Gah! Don't you hate when you hit post and see your typo at the same time? Drives me crazy that I can't edit and fix it, so thnaks will live forever :)

cm said...

Talk about a *Fabulous Four*, Bev! Happy dancing at seeing these, and from the evidence, Mr. Mojo is dancing up a storm, too! Your tag, featuring that charming red flower, is pure delight - and thank you so much for sharing it at Tag, You're It! Your 'repeated' thanks is an innovative take on the challenge! Awesome! Your coffee pot, pink and polka-dotted, is ultra sweet! Reminds me of making coffee on the old gas stove at the farm, when the men would come in from the field for a break. And your Muse card: oh my, oh my, oh my! Flowery fantastic! WOW, my friend! You've brought such a smile to my face...
Hugs~c

~amy~ said...

Yay for Mr Mojo...your cards are all AMAZING. So clever and I always love your use of color!

anja curvers said...

Wow you have been busy love them all great to have that mojo flowing.Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Bev ... you and Monsieur Mojo are sure hitting it off at the moment! Gorgeous tag ... beautiful poppy and such elegant background papers! Love the rainbow stacked thanks and that sweet polka dotty coffee pot ... and wow, those beautiful bright blooms in front of that cool background DP ... so scrumptious! Hugs & Bisous Bisous, my friend! Anita :)

Kylie said...

Mr Mojo certainly blessed you - four beauties, each and everyone!