Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Glorious Morning

It is a glorious morning! We have sunshine and nice, cool breezes; the sky looks like God took the "sky blue" crayon out of the box of 64s, and colored my world! A daddy robin was teaching his fledgling how to find worms, and the squirrels are playing tag. And the cacophony of birdsong is just wonderful. I think everyone is celebrating the sunshine this morning! I'm pretty sure we here in the Midwest would gladly send several days of our rain to California in exchange for a few more sun filled days like this!

Before I get to my cards, I want to say thank you to Amy Tsuruta for orchestrating an amazing Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop. If you haven't heard of it, or want to join in next time, and yes, there will be a next time, click on the above link for more information. Amazing cards, amazing sponsors, and above all, an amazing Amy.

Onto the cards. Three of them to be exact. And a few challenges, of course. Let's start out with my card for Retro Sketches. This one is for my grandson Christopher. As fine a young man as you'll ever meet. Wish you all could. Nice, handsome, hard working, fun, and just a wonderful young man. I'd like him even if he weren't my grandson.


Thought this would work well for a more masculine card.


Lots of dies here. Michaels white base, and I've used it for the flags too. MFT, WPlus9, PPP, MB dies. AE and SC stamps, scraps of dp, SC star sequins, and Doodlebug enamel dots. Had a blast making this one. Thanks to Jeni and Arielle over at RS for the inspiration.

Next up is a card for The Challenge. Wait till you see the inspiration photo. So many possibilities to be found in it!


I need that dresser! It would so match in my bedroom!! Anyway, here's what my brain came up with.


My chalkboard technique is horrid, so I went with the vertical lines of the "mirror", and concentrated on the leaves and the pinks in the photo. RC and AE dies. AE sentiment stamp in ME Smoke ink. AE flowers stamped in SG ink, and colored with Copics. I made a stencil with an old Sizzix die, and used PTI and SG inks to fill. A scrap of pinky vellum. I think that's all... Pretty EZ and super fast. 

And last, but not least is a card for As You See It, and a new to me challenge where good friend Darnell is Guest Designer; Retro Rubber Challenge - Tie It On. Had to give this a shot.

AYSIChallenge091


RRCB16

My card will be sent to granddaughter Haylee, who went to prom in last month. Her dress was in this color family. The little sweetie sent grandpa some photos, and he wanted a special card to write back to her and say thanks. Dang! Those kids grow up so fast...Anyway, here's what I made:


My 'hello' stamp is from TT, and is about a year or so old. Love the font on this! I used the AE die again after joining the two papers together, and the bottom one is a scrap, so I can't tell you who made it. The top one is from a 6x6 pad from Fancy Pants. Could you hear the screams? I tore the legs off this MME brad and used a pop dot to mount it. Some random sequins, which matched really well, and the very last piece of SU seam binding (sniff, sniff) and done. I left the bow all messy, as it seemed to call for it. My brain works that way sometimes...

And since I've held you captive long enough, I'll stop now. Happy dances everyone!!




33 comments:

Hannelie said...

3 great creations dear Bev!
Each one special in it's own way!
Enjoy the sunshine today... almost bedtime here ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

All fabulous cards Bev! I just wanted to pop in and say hi, if always makes me happy to see you pop up in my reader. Enjoy your glorious day! ~hugs

Becca Cruger said...

As I'm staring at your creations, all I can think is: Man, she sure knows how to rock those embellishments! Your designs are so great because they're CAS but they still have elements that draw the eye all over your gorgeous creations. I wish I had that talent and know-how!

Keren Baker said...

I can picture the beautiful scene as you describe it- idyllic. Gorgeous cards- I particularly love the first one as it's so bright and well designed and pops off the screen! x

Marybeth said...

You post is a happy one for sure! I can just picture how beautiful it is outside you painted a beautiful picture of that. Oh my goodness your cards are beautiful! The 25th birthday card is CAS and I LOVE your chalkboard card with the pretty pink flowers ! Take care Bev!

Lynn said...

A trio of fabulousness Bev. Time does fly doesn't it with everyone growing up quicker as each year passes it seems. Love your style my friend! You are awesome! We're in the high 90s...lots of heat. could use some cooler temps here!

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous trio of cards and I am with you, I want that dresser too. My mom has one just like it but it is natural wood but I do like that soft blue on it. Hope you are doing well and I love that you made 3 magnificent cards. Love it when you do that! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge.

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty monochromatic card! You did a beautiful job of combining the challenges! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber's ribbon challenge.

laurie said...

I love the leaves and flowers trailing down..so pretty!

I Card Everyone said...

Love the blue/green combo, Bev - fab use of the sketch. I also love the font on the T.T. stamp - darling messy bow. But your lovely floral? So happy to see it in The Challenge gallery this week!
=] Michele

Kara Lynne said...

With such a happy post and appreciation for the blue sky, I would say you are without migraines at the moment! Wonderful cards, each one. I love the bright masculine card with a perfect mixture of chevrons, dots, and stripes. Your leaves stenciled beautifully on your second card, and I love that you matched the prom dress on the third.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I especially love the second and all the layered greenery!

Geri said...

Enamel polkie dots, green & white polkie dots, stripes and chevrons...can it possibly get any better? I don't think so! Love it!

2nd card: The leaves....gasp....oh my....incredible coloring - so soft and so pretty! Love the touch of velum.

3rd card: The scrunched bow totally works! More polkie dots - YES!!!

A very productive day with amazing creations to share with us!



...was thinking about entering a card in this challenge when I visited Darnell's blog. But you all know how I fare in the bow department...ain't gonna happen!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards, Bev!

Brenda said...

It has been glorious here too Bev. Although we have had our fair share of rain, we has still had some gorgeous sky's with the birds singing sweetly. We have been hot and very humid though, but still beautiful days. Yes, I would certainly send rain to CA if I could. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of rain from the hurricane that hit TX. I think CA needs it and if I could, I would lasso the rain and send it to them. Your cards are amazing! Love your masculine card for your grandson. I know a few "kids" like him too and would like them even if they weren't related to me. lol Love that beautiful dresser as well and your card is a beautiful reflection of it. Love those flowers! And your last card, well that is just the sweetest one! I love that your granddaughter sent pictures to her grandfather and I love that he wants a pretty card to write back to thank her. Love, love, love!! Can't wait to our grands are a tad bit older. Hugs, Brenda

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your trio of cards Bev! Great colours, patterns and sketch arrangements!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, these sure made me smile! Wonderful colors, wonderful designs. You're so creative!

Unknown said...

Sweet monochromatic card. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!

Laura Norris said...

They are all wonderful! I can't even pick a favorite, I like them all so much.

Neva Cole said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for playing along over at RRBC!

Darnell said...

How wonderful it would be to be one of your grandchildren, Bevie! I know I've said that before and I'll be saying it again, I'm sure! Christopher and Haylee will adore their wonderful cards made with so much thoughtfulness! And your Challenge card is ethereal and lovely! Thank you so much for the support and for playing in the Retro Challenge! MWAH! Hugs, Darnell

Heather Cooper said...

Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges this week, Bev! This card is such a pretty shade of blue and I love the little newsprint embellishment!

Amanda said...

Wow! You have been busy crafting! Don't you just love the seam binding from Stampin' Up - So darn easy to work with! Thanks so much for finding us at the As You See it Challenge, and hope you return soon!

Petra Swart said...

These are all fabulous, Bev!!! Love the fresh and crisp look of the card for your grandson!!!! The little pink flowers and the leaves on the second card are so beautiful and I, too love your bow on the third - all the blue is beautiful!!! Lovely cards, Bev!!!!

Christine Traversa said...

Love your soft and clean card! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

Bobby said...

What wonderful cards you have to show us today, Bev. The one for your grandson is perfect for a young man's birthday. I love the pink flowers on the second one and three is so sweet.

Anita in France said...

Oh my, sweet Bev, what an awesome collection of cards! Gorgeous graphic shapes and images on Christopher's card ... paired with fab colours and all that yummy white space ... fantastic! Delicate, soft and feminine cascading blooms ... lovely with the vellum label ... and beautiful blue hues paired with that delicious seam binding bow! Worth repeating ... awesome! Hugs & Bisous, my friend! Anita :)

Lori said...

Fabulous designs, Bev! Love your graphic, masculine design for Christopher's birthday and the spray of leaves and pastel flowers on your second card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

Nance said...

Beautiful cards and I love what you did with the vellum in the card for The Challenge's inspirational photo. Thanks for playing with us at The Challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FABULOUS Bev!!! Just fabulous!!! Love the dresser too!!! So sweet.

Thanks for joining us at the Challenge-so glad that you did..., and this week's BRAND NEW challenge is all about Nautical, I hope you can join in as this is our last summer challenge!!!!!

Nora Noll said...

Three FABULOUS cards!!! I love that dresser too. I so wish that that kind of decorations would fit in my house. Alas, it is too small. FABULOUS designs!!

cm said...

How, how, how did I wind up so far behind in commenting! June was a 'whoosh' and July is starting out the same! I'm here now, with Tour de France playing in the background, bound and determined to catch up. Your trio of cards: AH-MAZING! Christopher's card is manly-marvelous..colours, polka-dots, stars, stripes and chevrons - graphic great! Your second, with the soft, delicate blooms...oh my! Loveliness! And your third, with the pretty blues and bow...so stunning! Haylee will love this, as do I. Awesomeness, my friend!
Hugs~c

Kylie said...

Oh Carol, three more wonderful cards from you. Love the bright cards and clean design of the first. The second card is so pretty with those soft greens and pinks. Love the use of patterned paper and ribbon on the third. You make me want to get into my ribbon stash too. I really must do that. haha