Friday, January 31, 2014

Three Cards to Share

It's been over a week since I last posted. Just haven't had the time to get my craft on until today. But I won't bore you with mindless chatter, instead, I'll get right to the cards and challenges. The first card I have is for my sweet little Lily. She turns SIX next week, and since I'm going over to spend the night tomorrow, I'm bringing her card and gift with me. Lily is quite funny. She's as much said she's "queen of crafting." Her parents have set up a craft desk in her bedroom; a place she can retreat to without interference from her brothers. Thought she might get a kick out of this card, which will be going into The Colour Me...! Challenge, where, this week it's Anything Goes, with our choice of up to five colors. I chose cream, melonish pink, and green.




Any my card:



I cut the dress with my Cameo, and the fold is at the top. I had some old dp, left over from my scrapbook stash, so used that for the pinafore and accent on the bodice. A couple of green pearls for buttons, and a smidgen of leftover ribbon, et voila! Done. I'm guessing Lily will love the "girly" aspect of this card. It's so pretty and happy in real life.

Next challenge is The Card Concept. We're challenged to use texture, and let the DT know to which style our card belongs. I'm going with Clean and Layered for this challenge. Lots of texture in my card.


It looks like this:



Although you can't see it in the photograph, the cream cardstock is wonderfully textured. I used some glitter felt from Michaels, and there is glossy accents on all the hearts. The two sequins are really red, but look rather brown in this photograph. That's an MFT die. And the hearts and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn. SU red markers, and Colorbox brown ink. 

And if you've stayed with me this long, perhaps you won't mind looking at just one more card. This one will go into the Color Throwdown Challenge, as well as this week's Muse







Here's mine:




My favorite part of this card is the beige-y stamping on the pink vellum. Love the way that looks. for this card, I used my brand spankin' new TE instant photo frame die, and the MFT chevron die; for both dies, I used Gina K. kraft paper. Neenah white base, which was also used for the flowers, stamped and cut with W Plus 9 Fresh Cut Florals. Some Papertrey Ink and a bit of Versamark too. A couple of the flowers are popped up to give this a bit more dimension. And while I'm at it, I think I'll link this to the new Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday, where we're to use something new. Since my TE polaroid frame is new, I'm thinking that this will qualify nicely! And with that, I will stop now. Happy dances everyone!


workitwedbanner

26 comments:

Ardyth said...

Wow! That's a lot of cardmaking for a busy happy dancer like yourself! Happy Birthday to Lily - she'll love this sweet card - the colours, the cut and the ribbon are all perfection! Love the texture of the felt and the cardstock on your second card and the softness of the stamping on vellum on your 3rd. Thanks for joining us at Muse and The Card Concept, my friend!

Teresa Kline said...

super sweet card.....thanks for playing along with us at Card Concept!

sparkle & shine *~*

Barbara said...

Lovely card! Love that pink vellum!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Lynn said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with Lily. I'm sure she will love this card! It is adorable...love all three!

Shannon J said...

Goll-Y (I love that word!) these are awesome! Your sweet Lili is going to be overjoyed when she sees this absolutely adorable card! The other two are just as awesome - love the pretty hearts on the first, and the lovely flowers on the second (isn't that Wplus9 just amazing?!!). Enjoy your time with Lili on the weekend!

Laura Davis said...

Great work!
Laura

Kylie said...

Oh Bev, you are so talented! Love how all of your cards are so different yet still so great. You have a knack for being able to make any sort of card, I think!
Happy birthday to your sweet Lily! She is going to LOVE the card you have made for her. It is fun, different, colourful and just GORGEOUS! (Don't you just love the cameo too?!)

Susanne Vargas said...

Boy, you have been busy! That card for Lily is just so beautiful! As you the other two - love the idea of using glitter felt for die cutting!

Katie Melhus said...

That dress is adorable, I have that same paper and haven't ever parted with it because I just think it's so cute! Love what you did with it here :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous cards! I love your clean style and the sweet little hearts you've added! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Anita in France said...

Oh, Bev, Lily is going to be beside herself with delight at this FABULOUS dress ... I can almost feel the love that went into it! Gorgeous texture on all those wonderful hearts and such a delicate, soft and gentle look to those blooms! Have fun with Lily and the family this weekend! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev three fantastic cards! Sorry I am a bit slow to comment, migraine was visiting this week so not too much visiting was going on. Hope you are doing well!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and of yes I love your pink vellum!

Hannelie said...

3 beautiful cards!
The little dress is adorable! The 2nd card with that polka dot strip just add so much to the design!
And yes gorgeous softness on the 3rd... great use of the inspiration provided!
xoxo

Darnell said...

Oh, my word, Bevie, the hamster is back and you should see him giggling and spinning that wheel for all he's worth! What an outstanding and creative post this was!!

I love them all, but that Cameo dress is brilliant. It looks like a real little doll's dress made out of fabric! Those machines are incredible!

It's so nice to have you back and wowwwwwing us!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

oh my goodness Bev, you are just a card making machine! I love them all but your dress card is just too darn cute! I would love to have one just like it! Please....

Diane said...

What a darling dress design, the colors are perfect.

Hugs diane

Kate said...

Fabulous cards. The one you entered for the Card Concept really caught my eye over - so simple and sweet. So glad I stopped by and saw your other cards - really love your last one !!!

cm said...

Holy moley with the trifecta of awesome here, Bev! Lily will dance with glee when she sees this 'for her' only card! Beautiful and most certainly infused with love! That she has her own craft zone, away from the boys, is fantastic. I may have to come to her place to play, since her desk sounds bigger than my 2 X 3 kitchen counter corner! Your texture card is pretty, plus; the i {heart} on the bottom is the perfect special touch. Muse entry: eye-catching and striking! Yes, beige stamping on pink vellum, with the blue flowers as accents...swoon! Wowsers, Bev, these are outstanding! Hope Lily had a super wonderful birthday, especially since Grandma was around to celebrate with her. Hugs

Joan Ervin said...

All your cards are beautiful, Bev...I especially love how you used the pink vellun on the CTD card...thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Geri said...

Lily is going to love this card! You really need to share this on the Silhouette blog! I can just imagine her dancing around the house with your card and then displaying it proudly on her craft room desk! The bow and the two seed pearl buttons are so TOTALLY LILY!

Card #2 with all that yummy texture and to die for colors...love it! Absolutely perfectly clean & layered with perfect balance and the best ever spot for the wee sentiment!

Card #3...stunning! These colors are gorgeous together! The contrast between the 'soft' look of the velum panel and the bold chevrons is fabulous! The pop of aqua - brilliant!

Wow - what a creative day you had!!!

Geri said...

....ooops - forgot to say thanks for joining us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Broni said...

What great challenge cards! They are all so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Unknown said...

Wow..you've been busy. You have created three beautiful cards. So glad you were able to join us at The Card Concept.

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a darling little dress card! That bow at the waist is absolutely precious, and the tiny pearl details are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW - these are all Amazing! Love them all!!!