Thursday, June 13, 2019

Another Day, Another Card!

I'm on a mini-roll. Got another card finished and decided to post it before things get crazy around here. I was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches, and Jacquie who created this week's sketch. At first, I wasn't sure that I could make anything, but then one of my pings went off...


I flipped the sketch to its side and went from there:


I cut my three Poppystamps giraffes using an old snippet of patterned paper. The moon/sun is the reverse of that same paper, and I cut it with a WPlus9 circle die. The gray panel was cut with an MFT rectangle and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. I do like this one. It'll go to one of the grandsons for his upcoming birthday. And before all heck breaks loose, I'm going to run. Have a wonderful Thursday, and as always...


14 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh do I like this card Bev! Those 3 giraffes are FABULOUS and I especially love the DSP you used for them...the way the pattern falls it looks like the middle one has a cool mop of hair!! Wonderful card my friend!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

great take on the challenge, I love those 3 head check out the horizon :)

Linda Callahan said...

I adore the giraffes....I have this diecut as well....one of my faves! Love your take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

I hope you can hear my applause, Bevie! You ROCKED this challenge and created a winner in my book! How clever to turn the sketch on its side and bring in the super cute, super perfect giraffes under a moon! Love the patterns and texture! Lots of hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Hakuna matata, baby!!! Let the masses know we have a WINNER!!! so perfect, and perfectly darling, Bev!
=]

lostinpaper said...

Oh what a wonderful take on the inspiration, you got this one GF!

Kylie said...

Super adorable! I love this! You are so creative!

Jacquie Southas said...

Oh my, those giraffes are meant to be in this design! I'm so glad you turned the sketch - it really is a fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week, Bev!

TK said...

Your "ping" is perfect -- cute giraffes, great design!

Kim S said...

How wonderfully creative!! I love the patterns on the giraffes and the sun - a fabulous look!!

Hansi Brittain said...

You had one inspired ping to use the giraffes for the element so many of us are using as sentiment strips! Your grandson is going to love this unique , creative take on the sketch.

Anita in France said...

Wow, what a ping, Bev ... this is genius! Love how you've created a sense of warmth with the pp on your giraffes and that fabulous sun ... what a fantastic contrast with the grey and texture-y white! Yep, love it ... and may just have to borrow those giraffes when we're next together! Quick, start the list now!! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

Bobby said...

I see a winner here, Bev. So glad that ping went off.

Jen W. said...

I love love LOVE your take on the sketch, Bev it's brilliant! That patterned paper is so perfect for both the giraffes and the sun and the mixed fonts on the sentiment makes me happy. :)