Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Twofer Challenge #15

Hi All! "Spring," as they say, "has sprung!" Yay!! Sure seems like it was a long time coming. Some of you may remember living through, or hearing about the Polar Vortex over the Midwestern US back in January. For those of us who managed to get through it, Spring is a welcome sight indeed! Since the ground is still a bit wet, I decided that card making rather than yard raking was a priority today. How about about you? Are you ready to play with us at the Twofer Challenge? We've got a fun one for you, and I'm sure we all have stamps in our stash that will work for:



Yep, that's right, zooish critters. I live three blocks north of our zoo, which is mighty handy when the grandkids come in the summer. There's a little train that runs around the perimeter, you can feed some of the animals, and we have lions (my favorite) who, when they start roaring and chuffing, can be heard at my house! There are also kangaroos, lemurs, orangutans, meerkats, asian bears, giraffes, rhinos, gibbon monkeys, and penguins, among other animals. Oh!, and white tigers. Anyway, I found these little critters in my stash, and they happen to be DH's favorite animal.


My Congratulatory Card:


And my birthday card:


For my Congratulatory card, I used an AE die to make the shaker part of the card, and filled it with a bit 'o glitter, and white and clear sequins. The sentiment is from Studio Calico, and the "&" is from PTI. That's an Ellen Hutson penguin. Isn't he a hoot?! 

For the Birthday card, I used all EH stamps, and created a background brushed on using pigment ink from Impress. I added a teensy bit of shading on the icebergs with Copic markers. Pretty quick card once I made my mind up to get busy. 

And that'll do it for me today. See how easy it is to make two differently designed cards with the same stamps (or dies or stencils), for two different occasions?! Nothing to it!! Be sure to stop over and check out what the DT and our Guest Designers have created this month. Here's hoping I'll be seeing you in the Twofer gallery!! As always...


18 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I like your comment: "...once I made my mind up to get busy". That's half the battle. Not that card making is a battle... These are some very fun penguins. I love the icebergs and your perfect snowy hill on the one, and the shaker with perfect sentiment on the other. I also love that little bit of orange under the beak on your shaker card. Fantastic twofer, Bev!

Jacquie Southas said...

These cards are so totally adorable, Bev!!! Love your belly gliding penguin the most.

Darnell said...

Both of these fantastic designs just scream FUN, Bevie! I love the full-size shaker idea and how adorable that pengy looks waving at the viewer! Someone celebrating something is going to have an interactive ball shaking those bits! And your brrrthday card is so perfect for a winter brrrthday! Your blended sky is divine and I love that you put Wheeeee over his head! Perfick! Miss you! Hugs, Darnell

Patti said...

Sweet!! these birds are adorable! I love the way their eyes look : )

I think it would be great fun to live by the zoo! It is amazing that you can sometimes hear the lions roar!!

I hope to join your challenge this month. I'm pondering my zoo animals now! : ) Have a great week friend!

lostinpaper said...

What a fun combo of cards Bev, of course my fave is the sliding down the hill penguin lol.

Loll said...

Everyone loves penguins! That shaker card is fantastic. PERFECT sentiment! I love all the sparkle from the sequins. Your second card is so cute with the sliding penguin. The Wheeee! cracks me up! Great cards Bev! xx

Bobby said...

Your shaker card is absolutely adorable, Bev. Those sequins look like shaved ice, if ice shaved in perfectly round circles. ;) We had a little zoo when I lived in Lansing and I remember one day the penguins escaped. I bet they were saying "Wheee!" and waving goodbye.

Kara Lynne said...

My goodness, Bevie! These are amazing! I love that little cutie waving from the frosty shaker goodness - I never think to use glitter in there, that's a great idea! Fantastic sentiment for a full-on shaker! Those penguins are having a ball on the icy slopes, sort of like us today as our four inches of snow last night is now turning into an icy rain!

Carol L said...

I am envious of your shaker card because I've never had great luck with them for some reason. Cute penguins and I love the one sliding down the icy hill! Wheeeeeeeee!!! :)

Julia Aston said...

Shaker cards are just SO fun! and so are penguins! so win/win here! Love both of your designs using the waving penguin!

Marcia Hill said...

You know how I LOVE dots and gingham, right?? Well I LOVE me a shaker card almost as much and your full on shaker card is FABULOUS Bev!! Between the fun shaker part, all the sparkle, the AWESOME sentiment, AND that ADORABLE penguin, this card just screams FUN and I LOVE it!! And your brrrrthday card is just as cute too...the "wheeeee" sentiment just cracks me up! Two FABULOUS cards my friend!! :0)

Brenda said...

Wow, how fun to live by a zoo Bev! Especially with grandkids visiting. I love, love, love your twofers! How cute are those penguins?!! I love the waving one, and he works so great on both of your twofers. Love the shaker celebratory card and the birthday card is so fabulous. You are just to clever!!! I need to get my thinking cap on now I guess, but first better go look and see if I have any zoo animals in my stash! Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

What fun cards, Bev! I love the penguins, especially the one sliding down the hill. It looks like lots of fun!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So clever, Bev! Just love your disco penguin shakin' it! And those sliding ones among the icebergs look adorable!!

Anita in France said...

You know how much I love these cute-and-really-rather-handsome EH penguins, Bev ... and you've brought them to life beautifully on this Twofer! Love the frosty, magical, shaker environment he's waving from ... it's almost as though he's inviting us all in to clebrate with him! That sentiment is just brilliant ... so clever! Those penguin pals are having a ball on the snowslope ... what a fun, playful scene ... I'd be the one sliding ... wheeeeee! Miss you, my friend ... big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

TK said...

Two great cards, and what's not to love about that sentiment! Now that's a hoot!

Kim S said...

Those little guys are having some fun!!! How perfect is that "shake it" sentiment for him in his snowy scene. And the birthday "wheeeeee" is charming! I think zoos are great for adults too. I always take my birthday off work - and drag as many of my family members as possible to the zoo!!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Bev, I love these penguins. Cute shaker card and that penguin sliding down the snow covered hill is adorable.