Thursday, July 14, 2016

It's Been a While...

Gee Whiz! I sure hope I can remember how to write and post this, lol! Been busy with taking care of DH, and had some company visiting, so very little time to craft, comment, or write a blog post. How are you all??? Doing well, and enjoying the summer, I hope! Quiet here, which is not a bad thing. Trying to get back in the crafting swing here. Managed a few cards, and had a blast doing them. Wanna see a couple? Okay...

 I've actually made a bunch of cards over the course of time; before and after company, some took days to make as I worked on them in between DH's doctors' appointments, and caregiving tasks, and other cards took just a bit of time. This first one looks pretty darn sweet irl, and is winging its way to a friend. I like this fun and funky look.




The theme is to use wafter thin dies, and so I did. The banner, the pineapple (both C&9th), the rectangle and oval (both MFT) were all die cut. C&9th stamps, Versafine ink, some gold sequins that match the gold bits behind the pineapple crown and banner, some new LF guava cardstock, and scraps of patterned paper. The guava panel is popped up. 

I wanted to show you one more card before I let you run today. It's for both SSS Monday (flora &/or fauna) and Wednesday (create a scene) Challenges. I was inspired by Semee's card from April of this year.


If you haven't seen these WPlus9 dies, head on over there and scope them out. I used a PPP large scalloped rectangle, a LF border die, and a ME scalloped circle. Everything else is WPlus9. Many cardstock scraps gave their lives to make this little cutie. 

Neither card is in my "usual" style, but then, my style tends to run the gamut. The kitty card took a couple of months to make. I couldn't get it to look exactly how I wanted, and the picture in my brain wasn't anything like this, so I'd put it away, take it out, put it away....until I sat down yesterday, bound and determined to finish it once and for all. Does that ever happen to you?

I'm waiting for WE Energies to come. As I sat here working on this post, I heard a "pop, pop, pop," and am pretty sure I can see an electrical wire hanging down behind my garage. Some trees are in the way, so I can't be absolutely sure. Don't worry, nothing seems to be burning, and I'm not touching the garage. Obviously I haven't lost power, so I'm not going to go all crazy about this, but safety first! Such excitement at 6:30 in the morning....

And that's it. I'm going to actually try and make a few cards and get some commenting in today. I've kinda missed you all. Well... no "kinda" about it! Take care and happy dances everyone!!







21 comments:

Shelly said...

Yay for crafting! :) These are sooo sweet!!
Hopefully the down wire or whatever may have happened will be fixed soon...glad nothing caught fire or anything. Have a great rest of the week! Take care, hugs

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Bev ... the softness of the background PP is such a great contrast to the bold striped border ... and that pineapple ... luscious! I smiled at the kitty in that charming floral frame ... it's so sweet as it frolics amid those curvy hills ... just adorable! So wonderful to have you back with us, ma chere amie ... thinking of and praying with you! Miss you heaps! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Marilyn said...

Love your cards. It's fun to try something that is not our style. Thorough enjoy your always happy blog posts. Hugs, Marilyn.

lostinpaper said...

It's so Good to see you back at the blog, sounds like you have been extremely busy. Love both your cards Bev, the pink pineapple totally made me smile and that kitty was definitely worth the wait!

Nora Noll said...

It is nice to see you back!! Life gets in the way but I am happy that you are still crafting. I LOVE your cards. The pineapple with the pink shaker is so pretty. However, I LOVE your cat card. I have the WPlus9 flowers and I really like how you used them on this. So cool!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Good to see you back Bev! You have been so busy and doing family first, that is what is most important! Two beautiful cards today. Your pink pineapple is awesome and that patterned paper is too. I love the dies you put together for your last card and the soft colours! Hope to see you creating more! You mentioned me and the YKW in your comment on my CASology today--I was in the middle of one when I created it, perhaps that is why it is so simple!

Kim Heggins said...

Two fabulous cards Miss Bev! Love them both...that sweet pineapple card is pretty and sweet and your kitty card is just adorable.
Yes, National League will take next year for sure! Had so much fun chatting with you the ENTIRE game...what a fabulous treat! Miss you lots.

Kristie Goulet said...

Great to see you back. Have missed you! Love your sweet cards. That pink pineapple is just awesome!

Brenda said...

Yay! Glad to have you back posting a post Bev!! You have been missed by all, but we totally understand that life has to be lived and people have to be taken care of, especially our loved ones! Both of your cards are amazing!!! I'm in love with the first one, love the colors and the funky-ness of it. It just really grabs the eye and holds your attention to it. Great color combo too! Your second card is just precious as it can be! Yep, I've often had to let a scrap page lay on the desk for a week or longer until I could get it the way I wanted it. lol Love the scallop mat and circle, the inlaid "hello" looks great in that color combo, love this color combo on the whole card. The kitty is adorable and the flower spray is so pretty. You outdid yourself on this one Bev!! Yes, summer is going well. Lots of pool time which I love. Grandkid time, which I adore and time spent with friends equal one great summer. Yikes! Don't like pop, pop, pops! I hope your energy company got out and took care of the problem!!! Hugs, Brenda

~amy~ said...

Yay for crafting time...both of your cards are incredible...who doesn't love a pink pineapple and that kitty card?! wow.

Geri said...

So nice to see you pop into my mailbox with these sweet creations! Sorry for being so far behind in my visits!

Love these two cards. The striped border on the first card rocks! Such a striking contrast to the soft, pretty flowers. Gorgeous colors.

2nd card - cutie patootie to the max! Love how well the 'hills of grass' play with the scalloped edges and soft colors!

I Card Everyone said...

I guava tell you that I LOve this color, and every last element of your pineapple card!!! OH WHY don't they grow in colors just like this??? Because nobody would want to cut them up! You know that kitty is puuuurfect, and worth every moment of time you've taken to put it together! Biggest hugs... and thanks for the surprise this morning!!! LOve our chats!
=]

Joyce said...

Hey, nice to see you posting! Your cards are wonderful--super cute kitty, and I love the combo of pineapples and flowers.

Zelda said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and welcoming me Bev! Both your cards and utterly adorable! Love the designs and the colors you used. Look forward to visiting you in future. Have a fab week-end!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Pineapples are tropical.... you could link thie one to The Heart Desires too...If you wanted that is!!!
HUGS!

Bobby said...

You haven't lost your touch after being away, Bev. The pineapple card is right on trend and love in colors to match the DP. The kitty card is so cute with all the scallops.

Susanne Vargas said...

So good to see a post from you pop up on my reader! Your cards are so pretty! Maybe you could teach me to create in little snippets of time because I am in serious need to craft and don't find the time at the moment!

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Bev!!!! So lovely to have a post from you again!!!! ...and thank you so much for popping in at my blog and leaving a sweet comment ...so much appreciated as I know you are busy taking care of hubby!!! And have you got two lovely cards here, my friend!!!! Yeah, for spending a bit of time at the craft table and having the creative juices flow, hey!!!! The first card with the cheerful pinks are really pretty - what a fun colour for the pineapple - love it!!!! And the B&W stripes on the side and the beautiful little flowers - just wonderful!!!! And how can an absolute cat-lover like me not be smiling big at your cute as can be little kittie card - he has the cutest little face and a sweet pink nose and just look at the ears - so darling, my friend!!! And all the pretty little pink flowers and the lovely colour of the bg - everything combined in a great way to make a lovely little card!!! Both such wonderful cards!!!!
Hugz

cheiron said...

Fabulous cards! I especially love the kitty card. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Rose said...

Even though you say these aren't your usual style they are fabulous cards! Love your use of patterned paper in the first card. That's something I always struggle with but I love the combination of black & white stripes with the floral. Your sweet little kitty framed by those pretty flowers is too cute!

Leigh Penner said...

These are both so fun, Bev! I especially love that pineapple!