Thursday, October 17, 2013

One Layer Wizard

Before the deadline expires over at Less is More, I wanted to get my card in. Last month, I ordered a bunch of stamps from Newton's Nook. This was in one of the sets. Oh. My. Goodness. What wonderful stamps. Nice crisp, clean and darn cute images. You've got to check them out. The LIM challenge is to make a one-layer card with a witch, wizard or even a little monster. So many cute cards have been posted; had to play.

"Less is More"

So here's my little fella:


It's hard for me to see today...migraines are interrupting my eyesight today. If this is blurry, let me know and if I have a migraine free day tomorrow, I'll fix it. Can't tell if it's my eyes or the photo...sorry.

But isn't he the cutest?! His spell went wonky, and whatever he created certainly has him confused! Again, stamps from Newton's Nook, and Copic markers. Oh, and the ? & ! are from an MFT set. That's it, gotta run. Happy dances everyone.

15 comments:

Geri said...

This is sooooo darn cute! Yes, poor Mr. Wizard is looking mighty confuzzled...

Clever, clever idea Bev! Awesome coloring - especially love the little wand dust dots!

By the way, the photo looks fine to me!

Darnell said...

I have to say again, Bevie, that I find you incredible for being able to see to create ANYTHING, even a simple marker line on a paper bag, let alone this charming warlock! But you not only made a fab OLC, you colored it brilliantly!! I do pray your cluster ends NOW, for Pete's sake. This is a long, long spell. Big hugs, Danrlel ... see there? I don't even have a YKW and I can't even type my own darn name!!

Anonymous said...

A cutie pie wizard AND a sweet little monster, Bev ... sooo clever! Fab 'sentiment' ... matches his confusion beautifully! Sending banishing thoughts to the YKWs ... Anita :)

Craftychris said...

ooh this is gorgeous and so cute! The photo is fine and I hope you feel better soon. I suffer from migraines too so I really do sympathise! Take care xx

Chrissie said...

This is just the cutest and really made me smile!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

very cute wizard

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kim S said...

Fabulous!!

Lindsey said...

He is the cutest! And I adore the dragon tail. So sorry about your migraines...sincerely hoping that you have relief soon.

Kylie said...

Every time I read you have had another of those horrible migraines, my heart goes out to you. They are such horrible things. You are such a trooper to maintain such a positive outlook and to still be oh so very creative at the same time - inspiring!! I LOVE this card - it is quirky and cute. Simple and effective. You've got the gift, friend!

Kim Heggins said...

Bev, this is such a fun card! So sorry to hear you are still have issue with migraines, you are in my prayers.

Kylie said...

Just had to come back and have another look at this card. I just love it. Actually the little tale reminds me of primary school. We had to write out a poem about a dinosaur and then illustrate the page. I got into trouble as I only drew the rear end of the dino. lol I had to go back and add in a head. Thanks for the memories! :)

Hannelie said...

I feel so sorry becauese I know so well!
Your card is perfect though!

cm said...

Catching up on your cards after a family-visit weekend (not sure when the next one will be...sad face!), but stopping here has certainly turned my pout into a wee smile (except that you're having a YKWs - fingers crossed they've departed!). Your wizard and his *what the????* is darling, clever and charming! And yes, the Newton's Nook stamps are amazing! I ordered Newton's Mischief - *had* to! Hugs,
c

Wida said...

LOL!!! cute

Jennifer Jackson said...

He he he! This totally cracked me up! Thanks for the smile today!