Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gonna try to get this in...

Yesterday, after I finished my workout, coffee, and a few chores, I felt "fuzzy". Not sick. Just weird, and best described as "fuzzy". Tried to craft, but that was too much effort. Tried to em friends...again...too much effort. Then a bit later in the day....I got slammed with a kill-me-now migraine. I won't go on about it, rather, it's an explanation of why this card from Sunday afternoon's craftings didn't get posted. Monday was my day up at Marquette, and I had hoped to post this yesterday, but couldn't. So up it goes today!

You know I love to play over at Paulina's 10 Minute Craft Dash. I love the adrenaline rush I get from doing this, and tend to laugh and whoop like an idiot while crafting like a crazy woman! They don't always turn out well. This one did. At least in my mind! Lol. Now, a week or so ago, I hopped along at MFT's blog hop, was randomly chosen and won a $75 gc!! You really need to check out their goodies, and I have to say they have some of the best dies out there. Naturally, I used my gc for a few of those, plus some stamp sets. For my card at the TMCD, I just had to use one of those dies.

CD_25

Aren't these just beautiful colors? *sigh*

And here's my mad scramble:


So darn fast! This took all of 8:15 to make. Seriously. Here's how it came together. After gathering supplies, which is perfectly within the rules I:

1.  Cut a 2" section off the blue, put the larger section on my Silhouette mat and pulled up my frame image.
2.  I hit cut and then took the 2" section over to my big shot and cut out the "celebrate"
3. Cut out the yellow & brown "celebrate"s next, and glued them all together... this took the longest, the glueing part, that is...
4. Unloaded my mat, and pulled the frame off 
5.  Inked up and stamped my Avery Elle image onto my white base corner
6. Glued the sentiment to the frame, and adhered the whole thing to my card base
7.  Threaded some twine through a yellow button, added some small "boogers" to the bottom and popped it right onto the center of the stamped image.
8.  Hand up!, Done!!! In 8:15  

Whew!!! Not so hard if you have that picture in your head, but excited nonetheless! The white is Bazzill, the other papers were out of my scrap box - the blue was a pretty large scrap. Random twine scrap and button, and Colorbox ink. Tada. Happy dances everyone!

12 comments:

cm said...

Sorry to hear about the headache-slam; sounds ever so unpleasant! On the plus side: way to go with the MFT win and especially with your fabulous card! You've rocked the challenge and showcased some mighty fine goodies! Awesome++++
c

Anonymous said...

oh Bev, another migraine ... yuk, glad you're feeling you again, my friend! Oh WOW on the MFT win ... and oh. my. goodness. with this awesome <10min wonder ... glorious colours, cute little button, beautifully graphic and all in the blink of an eye ... amazing! Anita :)

Ardyth said...

Hate 'fuzzy' - undefined, but definitely not good. I love the effect of the layering here - it's so cool!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow and in under 10 minutes, just amazing! Love it Bev!

Kelly Griglione said...

So sorry to hear about your headache/migraine, Bev!! Hope things are clearer for you now. Your card is just wonderful! The colors, and the way you layered them is so engaging.

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev so sorry that your aura turned into a migraine. Your card however, is so fantastic and under 10?

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Lyndal! I love your layered sentiment!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Geri said...

Layering...gorgeous! Layout.....gorgeous!
Colors.....gorgeous!
Embellishment......gorgeous!
Under 10 minutes.....wow!

Awesome card dear friend, despite the lurking YKW's!

Lea Lawson said...

Very pretty! Love the diecut letters!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

LOVE the layered sentiment - it looks awesome! Thanks so much for playing with the Craft Dash!

Kylie said...

Oh Bev, I am so sorry to hear those awful migraines continue to give you a hard time! Hope they leave you alone for a long, long time!

As for your card, WOW - and in only 10 minutes! I am in AWE! I love the layered sentiment and the stamped image with the button over the top just finishes it off perfectly! Celebrate, indeed, as you totally rocked this challenge!

Congratulations too on winning the blog hop. Yay for shopping! :)

Betty said...

WOW, my eyes are confused for a moment when I look at the sentiment. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.