Thursday, July 18, 2013

Staying indoors today...

Yep, too hot to work outdoors, so I'm staying in my craft room and playing all day. And do a bit of reorganizing in preparation for the new Cameo. I'm supposed to go walking a little past 5:00, but it may just be a bit too warm for me. Could be circuits in the basement rather than outdoors.

Have to say thank you to the DT over at Color Throwdown. This card was chosen as one of the winners in celebration of their Five Year Anniversary. I am honored and terribly humbled by this. Thank you so much, and congrats to CT again.

I've never played over at A Blog Named Hero before today. After seeing posts by Stef and Ardyth, I thought I'd look into it a bit more. I wasn't sure if I could play along because I only have a couple of HA sets...or so I thought! Going through the drawers and bins, I found that I owned more sets than I remembered, always a woohoo! The gist of this specific challenge, is to choose one of the Hero Arts Artists, and either garner inspiration from one of their cards, or their overall style. I checked them all out. Dang. This would not be an easy choice to make. Then I got a wild idea!  Pick one at random, and see if she is on Pinterest, and, if she is, you can look through the whole gallery in one swell foop. I only needed that one random pick. I instantly fell in love with the cards made by Shari Carroll. So then I had to ask myself what was it about Shari's cards that drew me in. There are a number of factors about her work that appealed to me: her color choices, circles, vertical and horizontal lines, simplicity, bits of bling, the way she puts the elements of her cards together in such a way that your eye knows right where to go, and most importantly; the cards evoked a good feeling. So a quick thanks to Shari for the inspiration.


This is my card:


I hope I have captured the essence of my inspiration. Bazzill white cardstock, scraps of dp and cardstock. The polka dot circle is made with washi and was punched out. Random button, N&T sequins, Colorbox inks, HA stamps, and Kaiser craft brown pearls. The two tan circles have been stamped and punched. That's all I have for now. Thanks for stopping. Happy dances everyone.

12 comments:

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful cas design, LOVE your colour choices (and I'm so glad you 'found' some more HA stamps it's such a fun challenge)!

Ardyth said...

Clean design, cool colours - love it! So glad you played with A Blog Named Hero - hope you can get outside later today, I think I'm waiting until Saturday!

cm said...

Awesome card, Bev, and your ways and means of selecting which HA artist to cas - wonderful! Actually, this card would be an A++++(x 1,000) assignment for week 2 of Summer Card Camp, where circles are featured. As you've pointed out: Shari is fabulous. And in turn, you're fabulous for showcasing her in your delightful Bev-style!! Love this!! Speaking of heat - temperatures in the 90 and above range for my husband's weekend o' racing. Yeesh! Makes my role in the feed zone all that more important (and nerve-wracking!). Looking forward to see what crafty treats emerge from your day inside...
c

Bobby said...

I agree with cm, this would be great homework in the OCC. Congrats on your win at CT.

Kylie said...

You are so inspirational, Bev. Love seeing what you come up with. Love how you interpret sketches and challenges. This card is so pretty! Love the colours, the design - well, pretty much everything about it!

Congratulations too on having your card selected as a winner in the Colour Throwdown challenge! A very deserving winning entry!

Happy days to you. :)

Sue McRae said...

Isn't it fun to find stamps you've forgotten about? I really like your mix of patterns and colours for this CAS design. Thanks for joining our challenge over at A Blog Named Hero.

Deepti said...

This a wonderful CAS card, I love the colors and the stamping you did :) and yes congratulations on your win at Color Throwdown :)

Anonymous said...

Loved your story and LOVE your card! Thanks so much for joining us at A Blog Named Hero - for the first time! Hope we see lots of you! Stay cooool! :-)

Darnell said...

I do love this bouncy fun card, Bevie! I feel the essence of happy dancing balls and buttons and bling! You can't go wrong with this! And another woot and congratulations for the CT shoutout. (I thought I already did that, but better I congratulate you twice than not at all!!)

Geri said...

Oh my goodness girlie, you have created an absolute masterpiece of clean and simple gorgeousness! You have created the most amazing sense of movement here - instantly reminded me of blowing bubbles! Gorgeous colors and perfectly placed 'blings'!

Awesome job!

Did your Silhouette arrive? Mine was delivered to Samantha yesterday and YAY - she is definitely coming to my nephew's wedding next week and will bring it with her! Going to have to keep my excitement focused on the wedding though...it will be tough!

Kim Heggins said...

Bev, this is just beautiful! I love the clean look of your card and those colors are amazing. Congrats on your big win over at ColorThrow Down, well deserved!

MS said...

I love, love, love that design! Something about scattered circles is so graphic yet carefree. I'm so glad you looked for more Hero Arts sets and played with us at A Blog Named Hero, we hope to see you again!