Friday, June 7, 2013

Quickie post

I have to wait for the lawn care guy to leave, and for the dust to settle before I can get to the 'big' jobs I have planned for today. Wash the patio doors, the kitchen windows, the side door windows, and wash floors. Plus the assortment of things I need to do to get ready for the graduation party here on Sunday. Couldn't just give the inside a 'lick and a promise' -- it's supposed to rain on Sunday, so that means inside and outside need to be well done. All my friends say to wait and clean until after the party, but I just couldn't let people in if the place is a mess. So I'm doing a quickie post. My super nice neighbor's birthday is also Sunday, and I wanted to get a card made for him. I'm 'borrowing' the colors from Geri G.'s Gallery Idol card, and btw, she made it to the top 15! Woohoo! Big congrats to her!

This will go into Seize the Birthday. Great sketch and I hope I captured it well.


Here's what I made:


Bazzill white cardstock, scraps (again) of all other cardstock, a piece of transparency paper on which I stamped hb using an older, but still great stamp from HA. I cut stars with my Cricut, and added a bit of bling. The white star is popped up. I should have taken a close-up of it, but I've already walked it over to my neighbor. It was pretty easy to make, and I've got to run for now, so will get moving and get work done, then will catch up on the comments I need to leave on all your wonderful blogs. I apologize for being so far behind with all of this. Happy dances everyone.

15 comments:

Hannelie said...

My first thought: WOW- wow-wow!
really stunning job Bev!

Bobby said...

You can tell the white star is popped up and that is what's so great about the card. It really stands out.

cm said...

WOW - busy weekend! Sounds like you are most amazing hostess, and yet, in the midst of all that is hectic and requires attention, you manage to create a fantastic card! What a wonderful take of Geri's card colours - and yes, woot woot on her win!! Your neighbour will be delighted not only the card, but your thoughtfulness in making it 'specially for him. Enjoy your weekend - looking forward to *hearing* all about the celebration when you've had a chance to refresh!
c

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! Love what you've done with Geri's colour combo and made it your own, Bev ... which just happens to be stunning! Yep, joining you in yippees and woo hoo's for Geri too! Have a wonderful, fun weekend, my friend ... and leave yourself enough energy to enjoy it! Anita :)

Darnell said...

No need for a close-up, Bevie, it is all starry clear from where I'm sitting! You captured the sketch and Geri's colors perfectly!! I love that soft aqua accent with the other bold colors! Isn't it just so thrilling about her win?!

Have a wonderful party in your squeaky clean abode!! xxoo Darnell

Unknown said...

Amazing!! Absolutely amazing!! I love how you used transparency!! Love that!!
I hope you have a wonderful party and really hoping you don't get rained out!!

Kim Heggins said...

You are just so sweet...is the house next door to you for sale? Fabulous card and I love the colors and I am sure your neighbor will love it too.

Ardyth said...

Love that pop of aqua in this clean design! Great take on the sketch!

Rose said...

fantastic job with the sketch and i love your stars :) i admire those that can make an awesome card with out pattern paper! (so hard for me!)
hope it doesn't rain on you for your party.

Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

Christina said...

I love how your sentiment seems to be floating by using the transparency. This is such a cool design and perfect colors for a summer birthday!

Kylie said...

Love that sketch and your interpretation of it is fantastic! I think you can tell that the star is pop-dotted and I think it adds...POP to the design. :)

lostinpaper said...

These colours are perfect for this fab masculine star design, love how you have achieved a perfect balance in your design!

~amy~ said...

Awesome job, love the big white star and the sentiment! thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Geri said...

I broke out in a sweat just reading your "To Do" list! White tornado...that's what you are girl!

And a midst all the party planning and preparing, you find time to whip up one of the most awesome cards ever! Brilliant (as in star) choices of paper, beautifully clean and simple and graphic! Popping up the large star....awesone!!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such a great design!!! Love your card!!