Thursday, May 9, 2013

They wanted me to win more millions...

I splurged the other day. I went and got some lottery tickets because the jackpot was over 220 million dollars. Not bad. But the powers that be decided that they wanted me to win more, so tomorrow I'll have to splurge again and spend -- are you ready for this??? Another $4!!! I know, I know, but hey, if they want me to be even more of a bajillionaire, who am I to nay say them?! (Insert tongue into cheek here...*swink*)

Truthfully, I am rich beyond measure even without winning the lottery. I have God who, just because I am his own dear child, has blessed me in countless ways. I have family and friends who are counted among my dearest treasures. I have food, a home, and even pin money to spend on crafting supplies. So I'm already rich. Many of us are if we just stop and think about it.

One of my treasures, Alyssa, turns 21 on the 26th. Boy, my son, her father, is getting old!! Not grandma! And I got this little idea for her birthday card when I saw Laurie's card over at Muse. She came up with something bright and fun, and I immediately thought of the 'measuring tape' ribbon I had in my stash. Here's Laurie's card:

IMG_8688

And here is my twist on her fun card:


Sorry about the photo. It's a rainy, overcast day here and no matter what lights I used, this is as good as it got. If the sun comes out later, I will try reshooting it, and edit this post. All of the papers are scraps, including the card base, but I know that that is SU. I used SU ink with my Jillibean Soup stamps and fussy cut the arrows and sentiment. The lady is Studio Calico, and I made a little yellow dress for her to pick up the yellow in Laurie's card. Measuring tape ribbon and that's a wrap. Happy dances everyone.

9 comments:

Ardyth said...

HOW FUN IS THIS! What a great idea for a 21 birthday! And a terrific take on Laurie's Muse card - thanks so much for playing along!

Karen M said...

I love your fun card - its such a great take on the challenge xx

Kim S said...

I feel blessed in my life also - but I wouldn't say no to a few million!!! I love your creative idea for 21!

cm said...

Okay, I've suppressed giggling long enough to type a comment (then reverting back to giggling!) at your post! Perfectly delightful; and with your spirit of gratitude, well you ought to be the big lottery winner (think of the crafting supplies you could buy...guilt free!). As for your card: fun+++ and lovely+++! Your 'treasure' will adore this! Funny you noticed that your son's getting older; same with my brother! Aunty C - nope! Must be something magical in being an aunty or grandma that just keeps us young, robust and...charming :-) Thanks for the happy dance!!
c

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet story and what fabulous friends you have, wanting you to play the lottery and win millions! Good luck. What a sweet card too and amazing take on Laurie's card, just so sweet and I am sure Alyssa will just love it!

Hannelie said...

I am making a note of this!!
Will HAVE to case!
FABBY, 'young one'!

Darnell said...

What a unique take this is on the MUSE card, Bevie, and unique and adorable for a very special 21st birthday card! She will love it ~ this was one sensational PING!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, many blessings to be thankful for, Bev ... a few million more wouldn't be too bad though! This is so fabulous, my friend ... clever, clever use of the ribbon and arrows, and the little sweetie in the luscious lemon dress is so completely cute! Brilliant! Anita :)

Geri said...

Wow! Did I ever miss out on a whole lot of Happy Dance creativity! This is a perfect interpretation of Laurie's card. The measuring tape ribbon with the arrows pointing to her age is such a cute idea! She is going to absolutely love and treasure this card forever!

Did you win yet? I'm still trying....