Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Darnell's back!



Just in case no one has noticed, Darnell is back! Sure seems like you had a great time with family, and that the Mister took care of things for you, my friend. We, out here in blogland, missed you, it's official, and we're glad you're back. Stop by Darnell's blog and wish her a welcome home!
I think I've finally got that virus licked. I actually felt like doing something when I rolled out of bed this morning. So I scoped out Paper Smooches Sparks, and this week it's a color challenge. Cool shades of this to be exact:

And it just so happens that Paper Smooches was/is having a sale on some of their 81/2x11 paper packs, and wouldn't you just know, I happened to order some with each of these colors in it! PS very kindly named these specific packs Beverly and Lily (after us I'm sure *wink*), and since one of my little granddaughters is named Lily, it was a no-brainer for me to get these two packs. (Obviously there are more colors than what's showing..) Had to put them to use for this challenge!


Photo colors didn't translate well. Again. Pooh. So anyway... SU white cardstock and black ink. PS cardstock, and stamps Eco Friendly for sentiment and sun, with Hot Concoctions for his smile. A few blings from Momenta, and some random ribbon and orange vellum. The little sun is pop dotted up. Happy dances everyone.




7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Oh, this makes me feel better for sure! It's actually SNOWING here. AGAIN. This jolt of sunny colour is the perfect antidote!

Hannelie said...

It was quiet without Her, hey?!
Love your cool layout and fresh colors!

xiumaiyuki said...

Your card makes me smile! :)

Darnell said...

OMG, you'll love this. Mister upgraded some doohinky on the laptop and it's changed some cosmetic things on comments and whatnot, and so I was just trying to show him, and I clicked on you and it opened and he had to catch me as I flew backwards off the chair when I saw "Darnell's Back" in big ol' headline-making news on your blog!! It was so cool that of all the comments in my inbox, I clicked on yours just then so that Mister could be quite suitably impressed that his Missus is such a star, LOL!! Thank you so much, Bevie, for that wonderful welcome back!

(I love Hannelie's comment, too. She typed "her" in initial caps, like "She who must be obeyed!" Hahaha.

I'm sorry to read that you've been ill with a virus! I hope you are over it now for good.

Okay, gotta run - oh wait, did you make a card? Just kidding! You did and it's precious! Very sunny and colorful and perfect. Great use of your and Lily's very own personalized paper!! Mwah! Take care and stay well!

Anonymous said...

Delighted you've kicked that virus into touch, Bev, and are feeling so much better! Love your Beverley and Lily card ... so sunny and bright and happy, quite delicious! Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

So I was not the only one who missed Miss Darnell. Amazing how blog world was quiet without her. Happy to hear you are feeling better too. I love your card, so bright and cheery!

Geri said...

WOW! You're back in fine, FINE form dear friend! Nice to hear that the virus has 'finally left the building!'.

And yes I agree, it is so nice to have Darnell back entertaining us with her hilarious posts and fabulous cards!

Speaking of cards...WOW! Your design is shut-the-front-door clever and gorgeous! Stamping the sunshine sentiment on orange velum - oh so clever and the punched corner to showcase the cute sun - beyond clever!!

Beautiful creation Bev!