Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday

Am trying to find more energy, though most of it has stayed at work, and I'm also trying to get the dust, mold, and bits of ancient paper out of my lungs. Have been working in the archives, and in moving hundreds of linear feet of photos, vertical files, and objects, my lungs have decided to protest. Didn't go in today, and will stay home Monday in hopes that things will settle a bit. Did want to play in the craft room today for at least a little while. Came up with a card that DH can send to a fellow historian out in Callie. It will go into CAS-ual Fridays and into CAS(E) this Sketch!

The rules at CFC are to make a card that celebrates an accomplishment, and uses at least one circle. Over at CTS, the sketch is really simple and elegant.  My circles are the blings, and the circular repetition of congratulations.

       

Here's my take:


Not one stamped image (what's wrong with me???!!!) And my own handwriting. Jen S., dear friend, you are always encouraging me to journal more in my scrapbooking, and I'm always telling you I hate my handwriting, yet you have given me a wee bit 'o courage to try. Probably will never happen again.... I didn't make the swirly-Q my own self, nope, I used a Bazzill Basics template, made the little dots, and connected the dots with "congratulations" following the pattern.  Added 3 black blings from Want 2 Scrap, and that's it. All on SU white cardstock (from Jen for Christmas---what a good friend!!). So there you have it. And may I  encourage everyone out there to do a little happy dance just for the fun of it!

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

You wrote this? Holy cow! I LOVE it! Well done you! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Bev!

Hannelie said...

Wow, great job! I too hate my hand writing!
I also combined the 2 challenges...will post tomorrow, and we had almost the same idea!

Fiona said...

So impressed with this idea, it's brilliant. Your handwriting is so neat and attractive.

Jen W. said...

This is so cool! And even cooler that it's your handwriting! Love it! And hope your lungs feel better soon. :) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E)This Sketch this week!

Anonymous said...

OM Goodness Bev, you did this freehand? Wow, chapeau! It's so beautifully even and clear ... love it! Do hope you're feeling much better soon ... Anita :)

Karren said...

As soon as I saw your card and before I read what you'd written I thought "where do I get that stamp" only to find out you hand-wrote it! Amazing!

Darnell said...

I'm with Karren, Bev, I thought, WOW! What a cool image

There is no doubt now that you are a designer at heart!! I predict winner!! It is so fun and so, definitely, unique!

I'm glad you are taking some time for your lungs to recover. Do be careful!!

Geri said...

Wowzers girl! This is AWESOME. If I could print that neatly I would definitely be listening to Jen and adding a whole lot more of this to your cards! It is just so creative and so clean and simple. The three blings are perfect!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing! Your handwriting is stunning...I am so impressed and happen to agree with several others, this is a winner!

Kathy said...

Ok....you should be happy to use your handwriting, I thought it was a stamped sentiment until I read your post.

Jackie Scott said...

Wanted to know where I could get my hands on that stamp until I read your blog post. Great work - lovely card!

Unknown said...

Lovely card- your handwriting is beautiful! Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Completely amazed at your handwriting--Wow! I think you get top honors for creativity!

Angie Tieman said...

WOW! That is an awesome card! Can't believe that's your writing! Mine would never have been consistent enough! Very cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

I can't believe you wrote this. So utterly awesome. What a great card and perfect for the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week. Thanks for joining us:)