Wednesday, July 12, 2017

This Little Cutie

Got a couple of cards today. One is a shaker card with a little cutie inside, perfect for a little girl's birthday. I used the sketch from MFTWSC, and the color scheme from Color Throwdown.

Sketch Challenge 341 #mftstamps



We're getting some serious rain today, so my terrible photography is even worse. The frame around the shaker is a pretty bright pink in reality. Love that gingham paper, and there was no manufacturer listed, so I can't share that...I die cut edges with a Mama Elephant border die. The frame was made with two MFT square dies, and the sweet little cutie (colored with Copics) and the sentiment are from MFT too. Various sequins and some pink beads fill the shaker.

My next card was inspired by Carol of Just Me C. I love her cards, and had the opportunity to actually meet up with her IN PERSON a while back. You all need to be very jelly right now...she's as sweet and as nice as you think she might be! Check this post out so see more of her cards, one of which I'll show you now:  


The loud sound you heard when she first posted this was my jaw hitting the floor. So naturally, I just had to do a little on line shopping... I'm going to play along at Seize the Birthday, with the toppings. And I'm also jumping into Happy Little Stampers July CAS Challenge.




Here's what I made:


I used an MFT Wonky Frame die. Those are my NBUS C9 sentiment stamps, and my NBUS SSS watermelon stamps. I adore this! Thanks for the inspiration, Carol!! I need to head off to switch the laundry, and then hopefully get to some commenting. Have a great day, and as always...


15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Ohmygosh, the sketch was indeed perfect for a little girl, it's totally too cute with the pops of bright pink Bev! And who doesn't love a watermelon card, and with the three elements, what a fabulous CAS design!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet little shaker card! I love your watermelon creation as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh...can we talk about your cards? Love them! And those watermelons...they are about to pop off the page. Love!

maria f. said...

You had me at watermelon!!! Love that red and green with all the white. Your other cutie is a cutie too ;)

Patti said...

Hey! you lucky duck!! you got to meet Carol?? wow that must have been a huge blessing. She is as sweet as pie and as sweet as your two cards friend!! Love these!!!! and let me join my team mates in thanking you for adding your wonderful card to the STB gallery! We love seeing you there : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fabulous take on that MFT sketch. Shaker cards always make me smile and I like them even more when there is a cutie patootie peeking out from behind all those sequins and such! And I'm pretty sure I should own that C9 set because I can see it getting a lot of use. Thanks for the bit of enabling!

cm said...

BEV!! Oh my stars! I started reading your post, delighting in the darling, adorable shaker and then what an awesome, marvelous surprise to see my name mentioned - and in such a sweet, brings-tears-to-my-eyes fashion! Blushing deep red right this moment and wishing I could reach out to give you real hugs like we did when we met! That, my friend, is one of my most treasure memories...you, me, Starbucks, Kringle (which Andy still talks about *grin*...I don't know if I told you about the border crossing back into Canada with said kringle in tow...too funny!)...perfect! Sighhh...I want a repeat visit but for much, much longer! Let's work on that! Now, your card: LOVE it! The Artsy Fruit stamp just appeared in my mailbox today and I can't wait to give it a go! We're off on our holiday Saturday, so it may have to wait until our return. Rest assured - I'll be casing your case *grin*
Happy sighs in visiting here and, as always...Hugs, love and misses (big misses!)
~c

Loll said...

That little girl is the sweetest!! Love your adorable shaker card, Bev. The gingham, the darling girl, the shaker bits ... all so fun! And what a great card for celebrating those born in July! LOVE that sentiment with the delicious watermelon slices! xx

Anita in France said...

Your scrumptious take on Carol's card is positively mouth watering, Bev ... and that little fairy is just adorable ... the shaker elements add such a lovely touch of magic to her! Big hugs & bisous, mon amie, Anita :)

Geri said...

I'm back! Had a fabulous long visit with Brady - so nice to have her home! However, four weekends in a row of family events/company was definitely fun...and exhausting!

Two amazing cards! The shaker card is so dang cute...love the gingham backdrop! The second card is OUT OF THIS WORLD fabulous! Clean, simple and bright! Love it!

The sentiment rocks.....

Darnell said...

Your first card is so girlie and pretty, Bevie! I love it! And I love your take on Carol's lovely July birthday card (which I had also drooled over!). I think you really rocked July by using watermelons! I wish I had some juicy Wisconsin watermelon right now ~ it's 99 here today!! Miss you! Love and Hugs, Darnell

Kylie said...

Sooooo darn cute! That little cutie and the way you have made your card equals perfection! And I am very jelly that you and Miss C met up without me. haha One day! :) Love Carol's card and I love how you were inspired! :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Such beautiful, cheery and elegant cards here. I'm certainly not going to pick a favourite as they are all showstoppers and I'm thrilled to see you've played along with us at HLS CAS challenge this week.

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Nora Noll said...

Three fabulous cards!!! Your shaker card is so cute!! I HATE making them but want to love it!! That little image you used is so adorable!! I like the simplicity of the second two cards. Great design!!