Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Taking My Cue From Darnell

Darnell, the effervescent and wonderful. She of acronyms and fun, has inspired me once again. I am taking my cue from her and creating with the goodie bits found in a box on my desk top. She's got an acronym for her latest creating venture; UCB's. Unfinished Card Bits. I went through my box of bits and found a couple of small pieces that I liked. They were cuts from an MFT set, and I figured I could find the rest of the card among scrap pieces in the credenza. I wasn't let down. After I looked at the current theme for the Sunday Stamps Challenge, it went together rather quickly. The base of my card is from a kit from Studio Calico. Long and lean. The base has been sitting around for more than a year...my bad. Time to un-neglect it.

 

I haven't made a tall, skinny card in I don't know how long, so this sketch was just the ticket.


I found both pieces of patterned paper in my 'yellow patterned' scrap file. I love that middle piece. The two smaller aqua blue die cuts are from MFT and the sentiment is from Jane's Doodles. There are a couple of navy blue bits, along with a navy button, but of course, they look black... A bit of twine and three sequins finish this one. Be sure to blow up the photo so you can get a good look at the flowery paper. I wish I had more... And I'm off. Hope to see what's on your blogs in the morning (been migraining, so haven't done much else these last three days. hoping for better days starting tomorrow!) As always... 


8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Tall and skinny, how wonderful, I haven't made a DL card in ages myself, yours is an inspiration Bev!

Darnell said...

What a great card, grasshopper! Way to go using your UCBs and your snippets to create a smashing summery birthday card! Felt good, dinnit?! Well, as good as it can feel with a migraine, poor thing. Hope this cluster ends for you soon, my friend. Sending big loving hugs, Darnell

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely papers!!! Great way to use the bits and bob my friend!!!! (hugs!)

Kylie said...

Seeeee!! This is why you are the best! You are so inspiring! I cannot remember the last time I made a card that wasn't the standard size. I am going to have to do so. Thank you!! I love your pretty card - that middle paper is gorgeous too. It is no wonder we hoard the stuff. lol I love Darnell's UCBs too. I have way too many of them. OOps!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love your designer papers and the colors are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Anita in France said...

That delicate floral DP is fabulous on your tall skinny card, Bev ... it's so very pretty! Don't recall when I last made such a card ... sure does look lovely ... maybe I'll give it a go! Hope you've finished migraining, my friend ... missing you and thinking of you. Big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Heidi Baks said...

What a happy card, and perfect use for some spare patterned paper scraps. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Nora Noll said...

Leave it to Darnell to come up with that acronym!! I LOVE your tall and skinny card!! The colors are so fabulous and I love that patterned paper!! I have a TON of card bits and thought I was the only one!! They are die cut pieces that are "extra" that I throw in a box, waiting to use. Do you think I ever go through it?