Thursday, July 6, 2017

Think of All the Craft Supplies I Could Have Bought...

I've got a crew downstairs and outside this morning installing a new air conditioning unit. Ugh. All that craft supply money going into something that we rarely think about and only need about 4 months a year. However...I wouldn't be without it this close to Lake Michigan; the added humidity is wretched! So, I guess I'll stop complaining and once it's in, I shouldn't have to think about it again. Hey! How are you? Did you have a nice Independence Day celebration? I sure hope so!

On this post, I mentioned my friend Kylie. Well she's got a personal blog (Studio 4490), and one called Stampers Workshop, and on the latter, she's posted a card that just blew me away. Talk about inspiration.... You need to go and check it out. Seriously. I used her card as inspiration for the card I'll show you in a minute. This one will go and play at City Crafter's Challenge, and The Flower Challenge.

Week 369 ~ Black and White



Now. If my embossed sentiment doesn't qualify for The Flower Challenge, I hope the DT will remove it.

Here's my card:


Pretty simple to make, actually. Those are the Altenew Peonies, and the sentiment is from PTI. A little embossing, and a black scrap for a mat. I'd better get this posted now, in case the A/C guys need to shut off the power soon. Have a good day, and...


14 comments:

Anita in France said...

Goodness, what a beauty, Bev ... bold, striking and so gorgeous ... a lovely take on Kylie's card (thanks for the link!) I can imagine you making sets of these using different colours and sentiments ... who wouldn't love to send and receive one of these delicious cards! Aircon ... ok, fewer craft supplies (for now!)... though you'll be card making in splendid cool comfort when it's all done, that's got to be a Good Thing!! Missing you, sweet friend ... and thinking of you both! Big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Becca Cruger said...

Might be simple to make, but absolutely STUNNING to eyeball. :) Gorgeously elegant. I think I might be in the same boat as you, sadly. Walked out to my craft studio in yesterday's 90-degree weather and smelled some burning plastic... emanating from the good ol' AC. :/ ugh!

Pat said...

These detailed flowers look so pretty in black and white Bev and the sentiment strip with that beautiful bold script in white works beautifully. x

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful CAS design Bev, I was thinking of a B&W Altenew flower card myself tonight.... Great minds!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is beautiful! Your stamping is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Kylie said...

Oh my goodness, you are the sweetest lady I know. I'm so blessed to call you friend. You never cease to encourage and inspire. I totally LOVE your card. It's gorgeous!! big hugs xxx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! this is beautiful, love this panel with the black embossed flowers, the sentiment is bold and fabulous, a beautiful card indeed.
Thank you for sharing with THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Marilyn said...

Bev, a huge thank you for frequently visiting my blog ... always love your comments. This card is a stunner ... black and white is always a winner. Peonies are one of my fav flowers. Unfortunately, they do not grow in desert climes. Hope your new AC is working well to enable comfort in making your gorgeous cards. Hugs!

JenniferE said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! Yay for new air conditioning! Gotta have, one of the most important luxuries in life.... for me at least! You can only take off so many clothes!

Bobby said...

Black and white cards are always so elegant, Bev. I've pinned this one to CASE later.

Marina said...

Going black and white can really make florals look different - this is beautiful. Enjoy your air con! Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Darnell said...

You're a genius to think of using this image for a b/w card, Bevie! It's stunning in every way! Just don't think about all the schtuff you coulda bought. You wouldn't have felt much like using it if it was sweltering hot in your craft room, so it's all good! Miss you and love you, Darnell

maria f. said...

Ha - Ms Darnell took the words right outta my mouth. How fabulous those peonies look all decked out in evening attire. And yippie for you getting AC. Lake humidity is not something to be messed with. (My folks' house doesn't have it either and for about two weeks a year it's totally miserable.) Take care, dearie.

Kim S said...

This is SO elegant. These detailed flowers work perfectly with a monochromatic color scheme. BTW - I'd give up half of my crafting stash to get air conditioning - and here it's only a couple of months a year!!