Saturday, April 1, 2017

No April Fool's Joke Here!!

I'll just jump in and out quickly...or as quickly as I can. You're probably tired of hearing about my family, but I wanted to toot my granddaughter Melissa's horn today. She's published. In a real magazine. We got a copy of the magazine in the mail yesterday, and it's also online! You can see her article at Curb!! So very proud of her...Brilliant child. She graduates from UW-Madison next month. I wish you could all meet her; she's a lovely, caring, smart person. Just love her!! (Love all my grandchildren, but this is "her" post...) Naturally I made a card.

CASology's cue card is 'text.' How perfect for a card for a published journalist!!! Found a fun paper and the proper sentiment.
 

My card looks like this:


She'll appreciate the colors; it's not too girly. Hope you can see the little keyboard emojis; thought this paper from Pebbles was appropriate for her card, and not too busy overall. Cut the SSS 'congrats' out of a blue scrap and inlaid it in a white panel. And that's all for me. See you again soon, and...


9 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Those keyboard emoji's are uber funky, I'm sure the card will be loved!

Lynn said...

The perfect card for your granddaughter! You should be beaming with pride...how awesome!!

Loll said...

Congrats on your granddaughter being published, Bev --- very exciting. And a great card to celebrate -- she will love it! xx

Brenda said...

Wow! Congrats to your granddaughter Bev!!! That is so cool and I know all your grandchildren are just lovely inside and out! Love the card, how fun to have a challenge all about text! lol I love that really cool paper you used, the little typewriter faces are so cute!!! Hugs, Brenda
PS No, not tired of hearing about your lovely family at all!!!! Keep them coming!

Melissa said...

What exciting news, Bev! You have every right to be proud!!! Your card is perfect for her! :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASology!

Geri said...

No need to tell you that this clean & simple beauty makes my heart sing....cuz you already know that anything and everything clean and simple makes my heart sing!!!

Love the inlaid sentiment and the gorgeous color!

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter! This looks like the perfect card for her! You must be so proud (but please don't burst ;))!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations to Melissa, Bev ... think she must've inherited some of Grandma's love of language! Your card for her is so cool ... a delicious, stylish colour combo ... and such fun background DP! Bet she loved it! Hugs & bisous to you, mon amie, Anita :)

Bobby said...

That emoji paper is so much fun, Bev. It made a great card for your wonderful, published granddaughter.