Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring

It really feels like the first day of Spring. The sun has been shining all day, and the big snow that we got last week is nearly gone, YAY!! Perfect way to start out the week. So how was your first Monday in Springtime? If yours was as lovely as mine was, then you've had a good start to the week and the season!

I've only one card to share today, but it will make visits at two challenges. Firstly, this card will pay a second visit to The Heart Desires. You can see my first card here, but I couldn't get that mood board out of my head. Decided to try the inspiration colors for my next card. But I needed a design. I've visited this blog, Kool Kitty Musings, owned by Nat, and it's definitely a very cool place to stop. You can see just how Nat's card inspired me. I'll also be playing along at The Flower Challenge. Hope you can stand one more watercolored flower!




This is Nat's card:

70th Birthday Wishes - 2016-01-03 

I sure hope I did it justice! Isn't it just gorgeous??!! Chock full of sweetness! Mine looks like this:


Naturally, I've put my own spin on Nat's card, but I couldn't get those polka dots out of my head. I dug through every 6x6 tablet, all my scraps, and every single piece of 12x12 paper looking for a blue polka dotted piece. I did have some, just not the exact color or size I wanted. So I made my own on my Silhouette. A TE polaroid die, a SC 'birthday' die, and an EH stamp and die which I watercolored. A pink scrap, some pretty gold and white vellum (thanks, Geri!!), and if you look really closely between the flower and the 'birthday,' you'll see a teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy 'happy.' It's also from Studio Calico, and I stamped that in gold. I'm going to run for now, but will be thinking of you all. As always,


15 comments:

Lynn said...

We're starting spring with lots of rain here...it has been pouring all day. Love your soft, feminine case...gorgeous Bev!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the polka dots and that fun photo frame. I also am in love with the font you used for the "birthday" die cut. Beautiful card!!

Darnell said...

You definitely did it justice, Bevie, and then some! I can't believe you made that bg! All the elements fit so snugly and perfectly together and I especially love the itty-bitty "happy"! Love and miss you! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bev. I can see how you were inspired by Nat's card, but you've made it your own. LOVE the soft blue with white polka-dots background. And gorgeous watercoloured flower. Happy to see Spring arrive today. Sunny and bright and no rain! :) A great start to the week. xx

sandie said...

Lovely card Bev, so soft and pretty. Rain yesterday for the start of Spring but gorgeous sun today. Have a good week x

Handmade by Natty said...

Lovely card Bev, and great job with the background - the birthday font is just gorgeous too! :D

I'm so glad you found a little inspiration on my poor neglected blog. :) Thanks for the link up and shout out. Really kind of you. xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, what a pretty take on Natty's card! You most certainly did it justice! How awesome that you could make that wonderful polka dotted background with the silhouette (didn't know it could do more than cutting!) - it adds cheerfulness! Absolutely love this card!

Geri said...

WOW!!! You made your own paper....that is so cool! I've never tried to do this on my Silhouette! VERY IMPRESSIVE PAL!

Gorgeous choice of colors! I love, love, love how the bright pink posy pops! Fabulous mesh accent! I'm sure it's paper but it looks LIKE REAL MESH...or is it?

I've been MIA for several days (AGAIN!). Crazy busy at work, visiting our new great nephew, company...I'm getting too old to do 'BUSY'!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful, Bev! Great job thinking to create that beautiful polka dotted paper! I love the delicate flower!

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Bev. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Martha said...

Bev, this is simply lovely. I love the big dots and pretty flower.

Anita in France said...

Oh Bev, your polka dotty paper makes such a gorgeous background for the pink framed gold and white vellum panel (that Geri's a sweetie!)... the softly coloured single flower is so fabulous against them both! Love that delicious scripty sentiment with the teensy happy nestled snuggly into it! Yep, more that justice done to the original, my sweet friend, it's a delight! Missing you and thinking of you, mon amie! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

cm said...

First things first: WHAT? You made this fabulous polkie-dot paper? Is there no end to your talents? Okay, so that out of the way...taking time from the sorting/organizing/keeping/tossing chores (loving every second!) to catch up on your gallery. Best way to refresh and recharge...Your card is sheer delight with the I'm-smitten-with-background, the pretty frame, the lovely flower, the wisps of gold and marvelous, crisp sentiment. You've translated Nat's card into a gem alllll your own!
Hugs, love and misses,
~c

~amy~ said...

WOW, cool custom made polka paper! LOVE all your elements on your oh-so-sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge #10!

Bobby said...

I can't believe you made your own background paper, Bev. It looks fabulous with the pinks and your flower is beautifully colored.