Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Don't Want to Jinx It...

...So I'm not going to say that those things that hurt my head have taken their leave for a little while, but they are much better, and thank you for your kind wishes. I am just dashing in today with a couple of cards. One is for Muse, and the other is for CASology and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

This first card is my take on Guest Designer SonjaK's card at Muse. And all I can say is WOW.



Amazing colors. It's really, really lovely. Mine has a bit more purple and I was inspired by the large hydrangea.


While the bordering panel shows up as black in the photo, it's really a rich green, in the same tone as the stem of the flower, but darker. I made several of these panels while we were at the Lake House in October, and the stamps could be Darnell's, Anita's, Kim's, or Ardyths...I can't recall, sorry. I watercolored them with Zigs, and added some veining with a colored pencil.

My next card will visit Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where it's "anything goes," and then to CASology.

 


I used a TE polaroid die to cut the frame. The stripes were created on my Silhouette. The interior panel is just a leftover scrap from a My Mind's Eye, On Trend 2 kit. The 'text' is from Avery Elle, and I added three green sequins just for good measure. And I need to get a few more things done, so will end here for today. As always,


21 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh what pretty cards!! Love the rich purple on that lovely hydrangea and the fun polaroid that you created. And I adore that you used patterned paper inside the frame as the flowers. GENIUS way to make a card!! Great design on both!!

Darnell said...

I won't say anything either, but I'll whisper that I hope the current situation continues, Bevie! I do have that hydrangea stamp and I think I brought it, but I can't remember either, lol! I love the colors you've used! And your stripey Polaroid of those flowers is lots of fun - right down to the hashtag!! Love and hugs, Darnell xxoo

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous designs Bev, totally loving the cas hydrangea!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous florals, Bev ... the little framed blossoms are just so pretty ... and the hydrangea ... swooning ... your shading is just delicious! Wish I could say it was my stamp (haha), but it wasn't ... though I did stamp a few at the LH too! Hope that the YKWs stay away, my sweet friend, well away! Thinking of you and sending you gentle hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful cards Bev so glad your feeling better. May it continue. Love the colours in your hydrangea, must go play myself.

Caryn said...

These are just beautiful Bev - I love the black and white frame - really striking.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Lucille K said...

Beautiful card, beautiful coloring :)

Kleri said...

Fabulous coloring! :)

Cat Craig said...

I saw your hydrangea at Muse, and it is beautifully colored. Fab card.

Geri said...

I am soooooo loving your 'bit more purple' hydrangea...it's stunning! Tons of white space really make this gorgeous image pop! The flower is just as beautiful in the photo as it was in real life!

Love the diagonally striped photo frame - the perfect way to showcase the pretty flowers. I always forget that my Silhouette can do this! Must stick a big note beside my machine to remind myself!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards, Bev. Love the rich colors in your hydrangea. Continue feeling better. Hugs!

Marybeth said...

Glad you are feeling ok for a bit and nice that you were able to create! Love both cards and so love the one with the black and white polaroide frame with beautiful blooms!

SonjaK said...

Awww, so glad I could inspire you to finally put your hydrangea to good use. Love the bright colors on the petals. Such a wonderful take on my inspiration card!

Ardyth said...

Love the colours you've achieved with the Zigs! The veining is delicate and makes this look so realistic! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Bev!

Joyce said...

Both gorgeous cards, Bev. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

cm said...

Fabulous florals in your dazzling duo, Bev! Your rich purple/blue hydrangea (or, as my Polish grandma called them: four seasons flower) is incredibly pretty, especially set atop the deep green (visible on my screen) background. Your diagonal strips frame certainly catches my eye, with its flowers and # birthday wishes! Text terrific!
Hugs, love and misses,
~c

Susanne Vargas said...

Trying to catch up with my commenting...
Love the coloring of the hydrangea and the striped frame in the second card is so much fun combined with the flowers!

Lady Joyful said...

Your cards are fabulous! I love the purple hydrangea.

Linda said...

Your hydrangea is gorgeous and colored so beautifully.

TK said...

So happy you're feeling better, I pray it stays that way! Beautiful hydrangea, one to drool for! Congrats on HM at MUSE

Bobby said...

Gorgeous job of coloring that hydrangea, Bev.