Saturday, August 27, 2016

Had a Day

Had a day to get back in the old craftroom. We've been 'doctoring,' partying, and had four delightful little visitors for four days (lucky grandma!!). I've only been able to sneak in here once in a while, peek at what you all are making/doing, leave the very, very occasional comment, and wish I'd had time to craft. Yesterday I finally had the time and energy to hunt for Mr. Mojo, and once I'd found him, I had to squeeze creativity out of him. He only partially cooperated...Little brat!

If you're interested in the 'wordy' section of this post, keep reading. If you're pressed for time, you can skip the chatter and head straight for the cards below. Our darling, darling granddaughter Lizzy graduated from high school in June, and waited to have her party until last Friday; one of her sisters had been out of town all summer, and she wanted Melissa to celebrate with her, hence the 'late' party. We'd continued the tradition of having the parties for the kids here, as our house and yard is more conducive to crowds. That meant keeping things looking green, weeding, trimming & pruning, cleaning out the garage, and all the things that go along with party prep. Then there was the cooking, setting up, and me at the grill for several hours day of the party. Our daughter and sil, and the kids were fantastic at helping to finish those last minute cleaning duties, decorating, and making enough food to feed an army. It went well, and beautiful Lizzy had a wonderful party. Those left at the end of the night cleaned up the yard, garage, and I'm pretty sure everyone had a turn in the dishwater! DH and I spent last Saturday in veg mode... Sunday a new adventure would begin. We hopped in the car, and left to meet our youngest son. We took his van filled with the most adorable little children and headed off to my sister's house; there's a fantastic park complete with a FREE splash pad near her, and her grandson was there to play with his cousins. I'd brought some of the leftover graduation party food for lunch, and we had a great time. Sue, DH, and I laughed at those kids, and enjoyed the day. DH and I had three more days of fun with them, and I'm hoping to do it again next summer!  We played at our waterpark, went birthday present shopping, baked cake and cookies, played bean bag toss, went to the museum, went out to lunch and dinner, and completely and wonderfully exhausted grandma! According to my son, the kids had a blast. We met up with their dad (he MADE me give them back...) Wednesday after our pancake supper. In order to get their gear all packed up, do their laundry, and give Avery a nap, we stayed here that afternoon. Tried to get them to do a round-robin story with me after cookie baking, but they got a little too wild, so grandma started telling them a story. It must have been a good one, as it went on for nearly four hours in between cooking, packing, and tricky parts of the freeway.  Might write it down for them... DH and I spent Thursday in recovery mode. We were worn out in the most wonderful way! By yesterday, I started the clean up, and hit the craftroom. And since you've been so kindly patient with me, I won't make the rest of this post a "four hour" story. Let's get to the cards, shall we?!

First up is a card for Miss Darnell's NBUS Challenge! Hooray! You know her, you love her, and you know you want to play along too! This card features a new die; 'congrats.' It will also visit Essentials By Ellen Pin-Sights August Challenge.



AugustPinsights

Here 'tis:


We've got an overcast, rainy day here, so the photos don't do this justice; it's a beautiful soft pink scrap that I found and embossed in gold with Ellen's fabulous Bohemian Garden set. I. Love. Them. The NBUS die is from Studio Calico cut from another scrap, and a scrap of green vellum with some gold trim. I think this will make a pretty wedding card.

Next is a card for City Crafter's Challenge, and Color Throwdown

City Crafter Challenge Blog


The colors and the "you" are there.


Did you know that Gina K. opened a store in the suburbs of Milwaukee?! Naturally I had to pay a little visit a few weeks ago. Found the dp there...love it! That's an AE rectangle die, and C&9th  stamps. I punched out the 'world' so I could use green on the continents. And a smattering of yellow enamel dots. Might have to send this one to the little kids....

And last (are you fast asleep yet?), I have a tag for Tag You're It. Michelle Short created this beauty to inspire us.


Mine looks like this:


The scrap folders in my credenza are soooo stuffed that I can barely pull out a scrap. I've decided to try and use as many as I can. All the papers here are scraps (yay!). Found that little striped chunk, added some ME Ocean ink, and cut out the tag and topper with RC tag dies. The flower is from Altenew done on a scrap of dp, and colored up just a bit with inks and Copics. The banner is from that cute pineapple set by C&9th (thanks Lynn!), and the sentiment is an oldie but goodie from HA. A bit of twine, and a sprinkle of black bling finishes this. Are you finished too?!

Monday is DH's BIG doctor's appointment. Not sure what to pray for, just trusting in God, that in whichever direction He wants us to go, we'll happily follow. And speaking of 'happy', Happy Dances everyone.



31 comments:

Lynn said...

Bev, I absolutely love hearing about your time with your family. Such wonderful, wonderful memories- makes my heart full for all of you! I'll be sending lots of prayers for a successful doctor's appointment on Monday. I am loving your fabulous creations. They are all gorgeous. Completely swooning over the gold embossing!

Hannelie said...

So good to catch up with all the news Bev! So glad you had time to create. Nothing like a good crafting session!
You made beautiful cards!

cm said...

I'm enthralled with every single word of this post and would gladly enjoy *listening* to your fabulous adventures for another four hours (and more!). Your time with the grandkids: precious memories created all around. Your party for Lizzy sounds like quite the affair; something she - and you - will treasure for ever! Wonderful that you managed some crafting time and I dare say Mr. Mojo should be quite proud of himself! The pink/gold of the first: elegant! The "Mean the World" card: pretty and touching (that C9 set is on its way to me...yayyyy). Your tag: a sweet little work of art! Thrilled to see you in the Tag, You're It gallery! Sending prayers that John's news will be good!
Hugs, love and misses~c

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you have had such "good" exhausting times with the grands, Bevie! You and DH both deserved a lot of smiley-take-your-mind-off-THE-appointment time and you got it! The only thing that would have made this post better would have been photos, but I know some parents (rightly) don't like photos of the kids on the webs. You'll have to bring them to the lake!

Now onto your beautiful cards and tag ~ one is just prettier than the one before!! When you said you grabbed Mr. Mojo, you weren't kidding! He did you proud with these fabulous challenge creations!! Thank you so much for your very kind words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as Monday approaches. Lots of us will be waiting for a status email when you get a minute. Love and lots of hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

Oh my, you've been busy...both crafting and playing...that's awesome and I'm so happy for you guys. Love all your gorgeous projects.

lostinpaper said...

Your life sounds so busy... I don't know how you keep up! Love that you took the time to share your wonderful cards with us, I'm totally loving the pink and gold myself!

Susan said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time with family! I'm glad you were able to make it to the craft room to create a tag for your challenge. Simply beautiful and perfect take on the inspiration. Thanks for sharing at Tag You're It!

Marina said...

Fabulous cards and tag. Your world card is bold and bright and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Aileen said...

Wow Bev. It all sounds like you have had the best time. Bothing beats gettng hugs and kisses from the grandkids and visits and stories and seeing them grow. What a wonderful family and time to had. I was hoping to see some grandkid photos too, was I being greedy. But the cards make up for that loss. Beautiful cards and tag all. And using up scraps you are good. Love that world card, bets the kids will too and the softness of your pink and gold card is just beautiful.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful time you both had with the grands Bev!! Sounds like ya'll did a lot of stuff too, which as we know the grands love doing. I am popping in sporadically myself. House it not put back together as Savannah is keeping me very busy with taking her out to potty every few minutes. Will be so happy when she is finally potty trained!!! She starts training today, thank goodness! I love your pink and gold card, it is so beautiful and I too think it would make for a fabulous wedding card. Love, love, love your world card!! The paper is so pretty and of course (this set is on my wish list!) love the world and sentiment. Perfect card for the grands! Your tag is as sweet as it can be, love the papers and color combo. The sweet flower is perfect on it!! I am praying the the Lord is guiding DH to where he is supposed to be and we will trust in the Him for the rest. Big hugs, Brenda

I Card Everyone said...

Life is such a party, isn't it? In your case, a total celebration! LOve hearing about it, and happy dancing that you've also shared your darling cards with us! Prayers on their way for DH! xx
=]

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic projects! Your tag is so pretty and a great way to use up some scraps, I know I need to tackle my scrap pile one of these days! Thanks for sharing your work at Tag You're It!

Anita in France said...

Oh you have been happy dancing, Bev ... what a delight to read about all your lovely goings on ... sounds a joy filled and wonderful (if exhausting!) time! Your cards and tag are all so gorgeous ... I'm especially taken with that stunning gold on pink with the vellum sentiment strip ... soooo swooooony! Keeping you and John close in prayer, mon amie ... and asking the Good Lord for the very best outcome tomorrow! Big hugs & bisous, bisous, my dear friend, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

Where to start? I think with the cards. I LOVE the first one with the delightful pink and gold. Totally rocks my world! The second one with the wonderful globe and the colors-beautiful. That tag is amazing as well. You totally ROCKED all the challenges and I love that you used some scraps!! I need to start doing more of this and less buying of patterned paper.

Onto the next part. You sound like you had a whirlwind of a time. I am so happy that you got to enjoy your grandchildren. All those memories you are making they will cherish. How cool that they love you hear stories from you. I hope to be able to be in my grandchildren's life one day. Charlotte better have kids!! (but not anytime soon! :))

I will be sending good vibes to your husband for his big appointment. Thank you for sharing your lovely self!!

Kylie said...

wonderful creations, Bev. That first card is simply stunning! Congratulations to Lizzy. Parties are such fun but the aftermath no so much! xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Dearest Bev, it was so heart warming to read about the fun family time you had! And boy, did you squeeze Mr. Mojo! Two wonderful cards and one sweet tag! Awesome! It took me all weekend (bits of time here and there) to finish a card from mostly existing scraps!!! My mojo doesn't do so well with only snippets of time...
Thinking of you and John tomorrow and praying for strength!
Hugs and love,
Susanne

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous creations! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

sandie said...

My goodness Bev what a delight these are, I adore the pink with the gold, a stunning creation, so glad you got some time to craft xx

maria f. said...

Lots of prayers coming your way for a successful doctor visit. I am pooped just reading about your time with the littles. And, the graduation party. Whew. Hope you've recovered. I know lots of memories were certainly made on all sides. Now, did someone say card? That pink and gold beauty is incredibly elegant. Wonderful job scattering just enough blooms on the card front.

Geri said...

FABULOUS post! How can anyone NOT want to read it from start to finish! You could have 50 more paragraphs and I'd be happy as a lark, enjoying your family adventures! Sounds like it was a pretty darn crazy (but fun) time!!!

Mr. Mojo was definitely 'in the house' cuz these cards are FABULOUS! The pink and gold card is GORGEOUS!!! Love the congrats banner! 2nd card - bright, fun and graphic (love the dp). Really cool smattering of yellow dots too. Third card/tag - gorgeous colors and gorgeous DP. Cha-ching-budda-bing on using all scraps on this beauty!

...it's almost OCTOBER!!!

Stella said...

It sounds like the most wonderful days and ther eare plenty of memories to cherish, But I totally got the picture of feeling a bit exhausted after these fun days. Your cards and tag are lovely. And the one you've made for our challenge is a jaw dropper! Thanks for being with us this week at CCCB!

Wanda Cullen said...

You have really been on a creative roll with all these lovely creations! The world stamp in green really pops against the blue and white! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Kate said...

I feel exhausted just reading about your adventures. Well done and well done you still had energy to create such exquisite beauties. And well done for using up the scraps too, my scraps could do with a going through too!!!

Leigh Penner said...

How wonderful that you could host your grand-daughter's grad party -- and how fun!
Your cards are all wonderful, Bev! I especially love the first one for the Pin-Sights challenge -- it's gorgeous!
By the way, I received your birthday card in the mail -- thanks so much, my friend!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Bev! I love all the beautiful details you put into all your designs - the gold embossing, pretty stitched dies that are so crisp and clean and the double lip on the tag. Glad you got your mojo back! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great projects! Thank for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Patti said...

Wow Bev! what a blessing to hear of all the love and laughter in your life : ) It makes me know that Jesus is sending extra loads of love and Happy Dances for you in your trials : )

Your cards are spectacular! I cant pick a favorite although I think that tiny World is simply adorables!!

Have a sweet rest of your week!

Patti

Michelle Short said...

Really pretty tag, I love your take on my tag and I love that flower - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Tag You're It challenge :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Bev,
So fun hearing about your family activities. Hope for the best with the Dr. appts. Love all of your cards. Hugs, Marilyn

Martha said...

OH, Bev, your creations are simply beautiful!
What a FUN post!
HUGS & prayers! ♥

Rose said...

So wonderful you were able to have some quality time with family.It's amazing how you manage to squeeze in the craft time in your hectic life! First card, pink & gold, can't go wrong there. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours & design of your second card. Great sentiment! Such a sweet tag too! The lovely teal & orange is beautifully offset by the black & white. You truly amaze me!