Friday, August 5, 2016

Breakfast of Champions

The other day, DH had to have an MRI up at Froedtert Hospital. He had a great breakfast before his scan that day... A cup of coffee and a valium. Now that's what I call a breakfast of champions! The results of the scan were what we'd expected and I will let you know what the plan is once we see the doctor at the end of the month. Hurry up and wait.... *sigh*

Got a couple of cards for today, as he slept in, which gave me time to play in the craft room. Up first is a card for the current Muse Challenge. I haven't played there for a while and thought I should remedy that. Anita Bowden has made a beautiful card, and it truly was an inspiration for me.


I stayed with pinks, shaker, and a popped-up panel. Just gave it my own twist:


Grandchildren Rachel, Grant, and Carter all turn 10 this year. Where in the heck did that time go??? They're getting the same-ish card except in different colors. I wish you could see this in person as it's so pretty, and I know Miss Rachel is going to love this. An MFT die created the rectangle. A couple of SC number dies with some ME Bubble Gum ink, and a bunch of sequins and beads make it shake. Kept the sentiment on the inside so Rach could just enjoy the shaking part.

I also have a card for City Crafter Challenge. This week's theme is, "I gained a stone," and it's all about baking. I 'baked' up some cookies...


Speaking of baking, I have a confession... I watch The Great British Baking Show. It's my guilty pleasure TV show.... Given the chance, I'd watch the reruns too. Do you have any guilty pleasure TV shows? Come on....you know you do....

And onto the card.


Pretty much all NBUS stuff here. MFT frame die, WPlus9 stamps and dies, RC tag die, and Gina K. gingham ribbon. The flat red sequins came from a friend. The sentiment is LF. Now. I normally don't gush too much over a product, but I gotta tell you that the Gina K. ribbon is some of the easiest to work with ever, and I've worked with tons of ribbon (retiring scrapbooker). I love it, and will buy more. I won't keep you any longer today. Enjoy your weekend, and happy dances everyone. 




19 comments:

cm said...

Woo hooo! First to comment; fingers crossed it sticks! First: hugs and prayers coming your way in hearing that 'plans' are in store for John. Wish the wait wasn't so long; being in suspense is not fun. We're by your side...
I'm amazed that you can create cards so quickly (I'm the slowest ever! Partially because I'm so easily distracted...stamp this, check the laptop, colour that, check the laptop, glue on the other thing, vacuum the floor...you get the drift...) and with results that are always fantastic! Your shaker birthday cards are delights: A+++++, and I know the grandkids will love them! Milk and cookies? Serious sweetness! Scrumptious! Years ago, I ordered cardstock from Gina K; some of the best I've ever had! Now, with the changes in shipping...well, let's just say shopping at her place is out of my league. I still check in every now and again, just in case a sale happens...Guilty pleasure TV shows: yes, Food Network! Chopped, Chopped Canada, Master Chef, Top Chef, Baking Championships...love them! In fact, that's pretty much all we watch...interspersed with road bike races whenever we can find them (and my husband's recent subscription to Cycling TV is making that much easier!). On a side note: one of the young cyclists we know recently won the first stage at the Tour of Utah currently taking place. Thrilled for him! Again, please keep us posted on how YOU are doing in the midst of everything going on with John. We love you...
Hugs and misses~c

Susanne Vargas said...

I bet all the grandkids will love that fun shaker card! And the second one is beyond sweet!
Thanks for the update on John - will keep you in my prayers!
Have a great weekend,
Susanne

Jacquie Southas said...

The shaker card is a classic design, perfect for personalizing, Bev! I'm a huge fan of the GBBO and the talented and civilized competitors and have discovered most of the past seasons are available on Youtube. I'll happily rewatch them when PBS broadcasts them here :)

Thinking of you and hoping the wait for a plan isn't too stressful.

Marina said...

It looks like food cards are your speciality! Love this milk and cookies card - inspired colour combbo - I love the way the straw goes into the milk and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

I Card Everyone said...

A duo of delight with my morning cuppa, Bev! Darling shaker! and look! you've made my favorite cookie: OReos!!! Double-stuff no less!
I love the Great British Baking show - that doesn't surprise you one bit does it? and Downton Abby. I've just started the entire series again!
Hugs to you, and a few for hubby, too!
=]

Patti said...

How sweet! are these great cards!! You sure can create some amazing! on the fly Bev : )

Sorry to hear you are in the waiting room again but I know the Lord will see you through. I once was reminded that waiting is an action word! I know you feel that but He's got this!!

BIG dancing (((Hugs)))
Patti

p.s. TV show? I haven't had a TV for over 30 years! weird - I know! giggles

Marilyn said...

Hi Bev, If I was your grand, I would love your shaker card with it's lush colors. Wonderful take on Anita's muse. Your milk and cookies card is a fun one. Wish you sunshine in your day.

Ardyth said...

Everyone loves shakers, but especially kids! This one is gorgeous and will be appreciated because you made it! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

~amy~ said...

Big Big hugs to you guys!

Lovin' your shaker card....I love shakers! Yes to cookies and milk!

Brenda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, hubby and the doctors for the plan to be made. That sure was a breakfast of champions! Wow! Bless DH for taking on that breakfast. I love your take on Anita's card, who can resist a shaker card anyway?!! I think the kiddo's will love them too! I love the milk and cookies card. It is just so cute! I don't own any GK products, but sure want some. Just haven't gotten to getting my feet wet with her products yet. I watch her video's and her ribbon always looks like it is easy to work with. Hugs, Brenda

Neets B said...

Wonderful interpretation of my card, Bev. I think your grandchildren will love one of these each in different colourways. Love your oreo card too, so crisp and clean. The Great British Bake Off is starting again soon, next month I believe, can't wait!
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so fun, Bev!

Leigh Penner said...

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is having medical troubles..... I will pray for you both! Hugs!

Stella said...

Your shaker cards made me sigh and I love your milk and cokie card for our challenge. It;s so good to see your name in the thumbnails again. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Hope there will be postive news for your husband and of course for you too... take care...

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card! Love the milk and cookies!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Anita in France said...

Sweet Bev, you know how much you and John are in my thoughts and prayers ... it's good you've got the diagnosis ... and the wait ... the Good Lord will make it bearable. Fabulous cards ... the littles will love their cute double digit shakers ... and the milk and cookies ... sweet and so fun! Oh, and that 'bit' of baking you did looks rather scrumptious too ... oh that we could share IRL! Big hugs and bisous, mon amie, Anita :)

Martha said...

Bev, what darling cards you've created. Your grandchildren will love receiving a shaker-card...FUN design.

Prayers and HUGS! ♥

Kim S said...

Such a sweet card for a 10-year old - she'll love all of that glittery pink!

And the milk and cookies is so much fun. I feel like I need that set - but in my house of men, I'm the only one that goes for milk and cookies. They are into meaty things or nachos or chips. I'm the cookie and sweets person!

maria f. said...

Big hugs to ya. Hope all is well. Have to say it again - your grandkids are soooo lucky 😍