Monday, October 12, 2015

It's a Good Day

I know it's Monday, but it's still a good day. My darling nephew and his sweet wife came home today with the babies. Miss Emma is glad to see mommy and daddy, and all's right with the world, pretty much. They'll all have some adjusting, but it won't take too long... And thanks, everyone for the kind wishes for this young couple. You all really touch my heart.

Spent some time in the craft room this morning, after getting a few things done. Still have more to catch up on, but I'll get to it eventually today. Wanted to share a couple of cards. The first is for the current Tag You're It challenge, and the second will hop right into City Crafter Challenge. Over at CCC, the theme is to use scribbles or doodles. There's still time to play in both of these, so why not join me in the gallery?!!



I liked the kraft and red, the Santa and gold; that's what my sad, little brain glommed onto when I went to make this. My take on Kelly's fun card:


Now I'd like to say that I made those skinny stripes on that kraft paper, but I didn't; it came that way, and I don't know who made it, sorry. Those stripes are actually clear embossed. I cut the tag with my Silhouette, which was not really a tag, but something I found and resized to fit my needs. The stamp is from EH, as is that sentiment. Funny. NBUS LF snow flakes cut from a scrap of mat gold paper. The red stripes are scraps too. Some gold ribbon and twine. Black Versafine ink, a little GA on the shades, and some flocking on Santa's hat. 

Next is my card for City Crafter.


I saw Anita's use of this stamp set, Doodle Buds by WPlus9, and knew I couldn't live without it. Came into good use here! Colored the doodled flower with Copics, and found this scrap of dp in the giant, ever-multiplying scrapbox. Liked the way it looked with the flower. A scrap of black to frame said flower, and one pink sequin. The die is from ME, and is one of my all time favorites. Perfect size. And now back to (ugh!) cleaning and doing. Happy dances everyone!!




30 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great cards! I think that beatnik Santa is one of my favourite images ever! Love the Doodlebuds, too - I resisted for a long time, but they finally jumped into my cart! Glad you've had a great day!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Lynn said...

Love that Saw That...too cute! And the doodle blooms...think I need that stamp set! So happy that the new little ones are home!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that Christmas card. Thanks for reminding me that Santa stamp set is on my wish list. Time's a-wasting so I best get shopping soon!

Susanne Vargas said...

That Santa card is so fun! Love the shape of the tag!
And the flower card is so pretty! I am off to check out the Doodle Buds set...

Judy1223 said...

"Saw that." LOVE THAT!!! What an absolutely FUN Santa tag card, Bev! Smiling ear to ear over here!

I Card Everyone said...

You've used two of my fave stamps, Bev ... first that Santa - is he not the coolest? and that doodlin' flower!!! I fell stem over stamen for that one, too! Darling cards, darling girl ... congrats on the twins! Oh I cannot imagine how wonderful that must be!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev what Fantastic cards. I love it when you step into the craft room. That I such a darling Santa and love that flower My craft room is getting dusty. I think my heart just isn't in it yet.

sandie said...

Fab cards, adore that doodlebuds stamp and paired with the pretty DSP, makes for a lovely card x

lostinpaper said...

Loving your wavy Christmas Santa tag, it's so uber cool!

Ros Crawford said...

Doodle Buds is one of my Fav stamp sets too! Love your card Bev ... Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!!

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Bev. I love your wiggly tag and that Santa looks great. Barbxx

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Hi Bev. Your Santa's card is super cool! And your flower card is so pretty! It paired perfectly with the patterned paper!

Kara Lynne said...

So glad you had a good day yesterday and hope today is a good one too! I suppose any day without a migraine has to be appreciated. The curve of your tag on your Santa card really caught my eye! Perfect image to pair with it, and a perfect sentiment to pair with the image! We'll call that a trifecta! Your sweet flower is wonderful with your dp, I think I need that stamp set! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Geri said...

Okay...this "Beatnick Santa" (good one Ardyth) is so funky! And you totally captured 'funky' in your cool tag card! Love the snowflakes and the bit of gold ribbon!

Doodle Buds is definitely a versatile set! I don't think you could have found a better piece of DP for this image! A single pink sequin - brilliant! A million sequins wouldn't come close to the impact that this single bling brings to your card!

Darnell said...

Ah, you'll miss spending so much time with Miss Emma, won't you, Bevie? Your Santa hipster dude and doodled flower are both super duper!! I hope you have lots more great days! Miss you, Punky! And go Cubbies!! Hugs, Darnell

Martha said...

Bev, love your darling cards.

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on your spotlight over at City Crafters. I love this stamp set too and you've done a great job with it. Loving your gorgeous and so pretty card. Thank you for stopping by and the congratulations on my blog, very generous of you x

Angel said...

Sweet cards!! Love that Santa! You won my Fall Coffee Lover's Blog Hop candy! I posted my contact info on my blog so please email me by Friday so I don't have to pick a new winner :) angelsworld94.blogspot.com

Anita in France said...

Love the cool dude Santa, Bev ... he's so fun ... and funny! Oooh, that sweet single doodle bud with the solo sequin and oh so pretty DP ... you just know I'm going to love it! Thanks so much for the lovely shout out, mon amie ... so happy to be an enabler in some small way!!! Miss you, hugs & bisous, bisous, Anita :)

Stella said...

I see you are one of our spotlight artists at CCCB. How did I miss your entry? I apologise; but so glad you were chosen as a spotlight artist. You deserve it! Enjoy!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

hahaha! I love the Santa, he's too funny!

Kylie said...

The Santa stamp set is just awesome! Hmmm...I think that should be on my wish list...lol Your card is just fantastic....actually they both are. So different but they both look amazing!

Deepti said...

Awesome creations! Wavy Christmas tag is awesome :)

anja curvers said...

Wow love love it that santa is so cute. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

Jeanne J. said...

EEEK! Hot diggity! Santa has super cool shades on! Love it!

Marybeth said...

I love that curvy tag Bev! Oh my gosh that is neat! Your flower card is gorgeous too! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!
Wonderful news about the babies and I am happy all is well. I just came back from Wi but it was a not stop trip with way too much to do in the bit I time that I was there.

Bobby said...

Love that curvy tag, Bev. It fits with that Santa and the sentiment. Love the DoodleBuds, too. Anita sent me a card with them and I had to get it right away. Still haven't used it. Maybe this will inspire me.

Kim S said...

I have that Santa set! It got it to make cards for my teenage boys. I LOVE your use of it on your funky, angled tag - a perfect look for him!

I have Doodle Buds too. I actually got it accidentally but I'm glad I did - SO fun to color! You've found the perfect paper for it.

cm said...

Echoing the others in applauding your funky beatnik Santa (if his beard were salt-and-pepper, he'd bear a striking resemblance to my brother-in-law!). The red/gold is fabulous! As for your pretty pink and posh doodle flower...oh my! Gorgeous! I agree with Geri: that single bling adds mega impact!
Hugs~c