Thursday, March 28, 2013

Maundy Thursday



Blessed Holy Week everyone.

Haven't posted since Saturday. Sorry about that. It's been a bit crazy around here, and for a couple of days, my mojo once again disappeared. It might be partially on its way back...While it was resting, I played along at several blog hops. One over at Avery Elle, one at Paper Smooches, and one at Simon Says Stamp. There are some lovely goodies at each hop, and new releases to drool over! Check them out.

Let's talk for a minute about patterned papers. I love patterned papers. No, it's beyond that. I have drawers full of papers of all patterns and colors. And boxes full of scraps of them. I simply adore them. And I don't use them nearly as often as I should. Today's card uses lots of patterns and yet, in my opinion, manages to still have a clean and simple feel. If you head on over to CAS(E) this Sketch, you'll find this fun sketch, and one I wanted to play with.



I don't know why I used yellows and grays, but these colors just called out to me so I just went with it. 


I used white Bazzill cardstock. All other papers are scraps, including the gray cardstock. The baker's twine is from We R Memory Keepers, the London Fog ink is from Memento, and the stamp is SU. It went together pretty quickly and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Happy dances everyone. 






8 comments:

Ardyth said...

You're right - there are a ton of patterns here, but keeping the colour palette simple and the patterns coordinating so well (and a white cardbase!) keeps this very CAS - well done! Happy Easter, Bev and thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Darnell said...

I missed you, Bevie, and was worried you weren't well, so I'm happy to hear you were just busy. Love your pretty patterned card in the lovely yellows and grays! Have a wonderful Easter!! xxoo Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Bev and your choice of colors is just perfect with your addition of yellow. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter.

Geri said...

Wow! Sure doesn't look like the mojo went missing on this card...fabulous!

I love the patterns and colors that you combined. Ardyth was bang on when she said that the simple color palette didn't compete with the CAS intentions of your card!

My fav - the baker's twine - perfect finishing touch!

Hannelie said...

I also LOVE yellow and grey!
Great job you did using them!

Anonymous said...

Oooh yum, no missing mojo here, Bev, delicious soft colours and tons of lovely interest from the patterns, texture and shapes ... love that you kept one corner square on the sentiment panel! Anita :)

maria f. said...

Dontchaloveit when PPs call out to you? Makes the decision process so much easier! Like how you used the sketch. Happy Easter to ya.

Anonymous said...

Love the mix of patterns and simple color scheme on the white card base :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!