Sunday, March 3, 2013

froo froo

First of all, froo froo sounds funny. It reminds me of Adele something-or-the-other from second grade when I lived in Wichita, Kansas. Adele was one of those girls in my class. You remember the type. Perfect...perfect nose, patent leather shoes that never scuffed, never one hair out of place, Polly Flinders dresses EVERYDAY, ruffles and bows, lace on her ankle socks, jewelry (on a second grader????!!!!, okay this was the '60s), and could do everything sweetly, nicely, and perfectly. Then there was me...tomboy. Tanned, rough, wore Keds tennies, climbed trees all the way to the top, one hand-me-down Polly Flinders dress in my whole wardrobe...and too good for school--Sunday best...Anyway, I digress. Adele was froo froo. And I think I must have channeled her today. To my dear CAS friends out there, I'm sorry. Couldn't help myself. Blame Adele. Why have I discussed froo froo in so much detail, you ask? You'll find out later in this post. But you know froo froo is not really me...

I have several little girl babies in mind for my creation coming right up. I love playing along at Unscripted Sketches. The sketches they share are way fun. This week is a celebration of sorts for them--their 200th sketch! Woohoo, and congratulations US. Anyway, it's a piggyback challenge to make something other than a card.
SK 169 US 200

This is my take:


Can you tell it's a photo frame? Hope so. This nearly made it to the recycling bin at least twice...just the frame, not my creation. I went on a 3 stop scrapbook store bus trip with my sister, my niece, and a friend in November. At one of store's make n takes, we got this frame, sagey green and black paper, doo-dads...only my little group didn't really feel like making, just taking. It has been in my craft room waiting, and like I said, nearly hit the bin twice. Well, after church today, I got out my pinks and blacks and such and made this. I couldn't do the roses or lacey thingys or a bazillion diamonds; that would have been waaayyy to creepy to my CAS brain. So this is about as froo froo as I can get these days. Just pray for me, pray that I don't channel Adele too often. 
Now for the deets:
The pink dp is from Teresa Collins, the herringbone is from Michaels, and the teeny polka dots are scraps. The black ribbon and the silverish flower are from that make n take, the heart is some chipboard from about 8 years ago, the "sweet girl" letters are doodlebug rub-ons, and the pink pearls are ZVaCreative. Now that I've rambled on enough, I need to go scrub something, or haul something, anything to de-channel Adele. Happy dances everyone.




8 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Great frame. there is always one Adele in every class. (Not me)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, froo froo ... remember that, wasn't that. I too was the tree climbing, knee scraping, exploring adventurer! Love your post Bev ... a good chuckle just before bed is always such a good thing :) Your sweet picture frame is so pretty and perfectly girlie (which is most definitely different to froo froo), perfect scale on the DPs and lettering! Anita :)

SmilynStef said...

Love all of the wonderful details, especially the tiny text ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Hannelie said...

Pink and black will always be a winner, froo froo or not!
It's a beautiful frame Bev!

xiumaiyuki said...

Agree with everyone! ^^^ pretty frame... can't go wrong with pink and black and pearls!

Greta said...

Wonderful project! Good think you kept that frame!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh, this was such a fabulous story. I has a girl like that in my first grade class named Sherrie, reading your story brought back so many fun memories. Your frame is just so cute and so perfect for a sweet little girl.

Geri said...

You crack me up girlfriend! I'm sure we all remember an "Adele" from our school years. Suffice to say...I was definitelty NOT an Adele. Quite the opposite actually!

I seriously love this picture frame! A wee teeny schmick of froo froo totally works on baby cards and such. Stunning color combo combined with the polka dots and houndstooth print really do make this project rock!