Monday, May 1, 2017

A Happy Card




I like happy. Given the choice, I wouldn't watch a sad movie or read a sad book again as long as I live. At every opportunity, I'm going to look for the happy, the joy, that's in my life. No matter how big or how small that happy is, I am going to do my best to find it. Life is easier with 'happy' in it, don't you think? So I'm going with it. Making cards is one of the things in my life that helps to keep my 'happy level' full. So I'm going to share one bit of happiness with you today.

Have you seen the sweet inspiration photo over at Inspired By All The Little Things Challenge? It's delightful! I pulled out a NBUS set and within minutes, I had a card made. This same card will also visit the Seize The Birthday Challenge, and SSS Wednesday Challenge. Worked out perfectly!


Our Badge

And my card looks like this:


Love the yellow inside the bookcase. And that pretty blue wall. So that's where my inspiration came from. I used a NBUS Avery Elle stamp and die, which I lightly colored with Copics, and a silver gel pen. The little flower in the center is from a Poppy Stamps set. The little heart paper is Lawn Fawn, and scraps of blue and white. I did pop up the cake. Looks really happy to me. Hope you find it a happy card too! I'm off to start getting supper going. You have a good evening, and a good week. As always...


20 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I like 'happy' too, I'm not real good with even watching things like the news.. so mostly I don't. Love your happy card, and in one of my fave colour combos too!

Patti said...

Bev, you do Happy like none other!! : ) Your card made me happy just looking at it : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Leigh Penner said...

This totally makes me happy, just like every time I visit your blog! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Lynn said...

Oh this is seriously happy. I love how much movement that adorable banner adds to the card. Perfect take on the inspiration. xoxo

Jen Mitchell said...

I am definitely all about the happy. I also do not watch sad movies or read sad books - give me a comedy (or romantic comedy) and I am all set! And your birthday card definitely puts a smile on my face. :)

sandie said...

yep, Lets choose happy! And this card really does make me happy, I love how the cake is popped up and the colours are stunning-be happy today x

Hannelie said...

LOVE this beauty dear Bev!
Gorgeous design my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Now THIS does make me happy ... if only life could be happy at all times, Bev! But sad days, and stories make those truly happy times treasures to savor!
A truly lovely card, my friend!
=]

Geri said...

We think alike pal cuz the first thing I zoomed in on too was the cool yellow back panel! Loving the sweet patterned background...looks even better paired with the scalloped border!

Your ROCKED "happy" :)

shirley-bee said...

I love your interpretation of the inspiration graphic, Bev! You've certainly achieved happy with this card :)

Loll said...

This is definitely a happy card, Bev! Love the bright yellow with the sweet rows of hearts, and your cake is adorable with just the perfect colouring.
Thank you for sharing your happiness with us, my friend!! xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Well, this will definitely make someone happy.
Such a pretty card with cheerful colours.
xxx

Susanne Vargas said...

This is truly a happy-making interpretation of the inspiration photo! Polka dots are always cheerful and together with the scalloped frame and the fun stamp it makes a delightful card!

TaeEun said...

This is a happy take on the inspiration picture :)! Love the simplicity! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday!

Ardyth said...

So pretty! Love the fresh colours!

Bobby said...

I'm all about happy too, Bev, and this card definitely says happy to me. The colors and the big cake. It is chocolate isn't it? ;)

Jennifer K said...

I am so with you! I'm all about the happy and joyful as well. No sad stuff for me. :) This card is just delightful. The colors are happy and who wouldn't want to receive this on their birthday? Thanks for sharing.

Anita in France said...

Yep, me too, Bev ... always on the hunt for happy ... joy is one of my favourite words! Your card is both ... full of joy and happiness ... that yellow and blue colour combo is fabulous ... reminds me of you whenever and where ever I see it ... lovely! Thinking of you and missing you, my sweet friend! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Kim S said...

Thank you for sharing your happy!!! I totally agree about cardmaking - doing it makes me happy or looking at my friends' cards make me happy. I try so hard to make time for it every single day - so I'm a better person!

LOVE the card. I had avoided that set because I make so many generic cards for church and that set comes with numbers for middle which wouldn't work. How perfect that you added a flower!!

Nora Noll said...

Well dang, how did I miss this fabulous card? I ADORE the whole design!!! The colors you used are beautiful!!