Sunday, February 26, 2017

Score...

...or lack thereof. Now I think this is funny. You may not, but from the moment that I thought of this, and then made it, I've been cracking myself up. DH has a colleague/friend who teaches out at Santa Clara University. She is an alumni of Gonzaga University, however, and is still a fan of their sports teams. This year, the "Zags" mens basketball team has gone undefeated. Until yesterday. They didn't "score" enough points to win their game against BYU. When I found that out this afternoon, I said to DH, "I should make her a sympathy card." Then the most giant of pings went off in my brain.... Wait till you see....

This (crack-me-up) card is off to play along with CASology, where the cue card is:

 

Or in this case, as previously mentioned, the lack thereof...


Really, they're the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Hence the cut file found in the Silhouette store. Some Jeni Bowlin for Ranger blue ink on a HA stamp complete this very tongue in cheek CAS card. Now maybe I'm just weird (ok, ok, no maybe about it), but I'm still laughing. Do you get it? Let me know...
Now, if the DT doesn't think this qualifies, it should come down, but I'll still laugh at it. As always, 



18 comments:

TK said...

What a fun card! I'm sure they will appreciate you, your fun card, and the truthful sentiment.

Darnell said...

You are a nutter, Bevie, that's for sure, but that's why I love you! And I totally get this and think it's genius for the score word and for the idea behind it. Dan is also a Zag alumni and we were stunned by the loss so I know DH's friend will love your sympathy card!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

lostinpaper said...

What a fun idea and a great card Bev!

I Card Everyone said...

FAB U LOUS!!!! and I totally get your brain!
=]

Jen W. said...

It totally qualifies and I think it's brilliant! I love this kind of clever out of the box thinking especially as it makes such a personal card for someone. And if you're a nutter like Darnell says then I want to be a nutter just like you! :D Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Kara Lynne said...

So hilarious, Bev!! I love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your thinking on this card, Bev! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Geri said...

LOVE your sense of humor and LOVE how you put it to paper!!! This is brilliant, fun and sweet....all at the same time! Definitely will turn her tears of sadness to tears of joy when she sees your card!

Joyce said...

Fabulous and creative design on this fun card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Anita in France said...

Hahaha, Bev ... so fun and clever! BTW, wierd is good ... it's our wierdness that makes us who we are ... and your's is definitely fabulous! Miss you, mon amie! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Haha, you're too funny! I'm sure your DH's friend will get a chuckle out of this (after she has dried her tears...)!

Hannelie said...

Awesome BEV!
Situations like this calls for the help of our friend the Cameo!
Thanks for joining CASology Bev!

Kylie said...

You crack me up! Love it when you have your "pings"! :)

Bobby said...

Not only does it qualify, it won an honorable mention, Bev. I love your sense of humor and it's a perfect card for a sports fan. I'm so glad you found just the right cut to make this. I'm chuckling too.

Darnell said...

Had to pop back and congratulate you on receiving an HM from CASology for your genius design, Bevie!! Whoop!! Hugs, Darnell

Becca Cruger said...

I took a quick glance at the card and then started reading and then got more and more concerned because I initially thought you were making a sympathy card for a pet loss while cracking up about it. Whew! I'm glad to hear that it was for a sports loss. haha.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, what clever thinking, Bev!!!! I had to LOL at this one, after reading your story!!!! You're too funny, my friend!!!!! Yeah on using the cameo to turn your brilliant idea into a card!!!! ...and I see you got a HM - congrats!!!!
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Your card is so right on ... I'm a Zag fan, too. Not an alum but from the Pacific NW. Hugs!