Friday, February 3, 2017

Gorgeous

Happy Friday everyone on this gorgeous Winter morning. It's cold here, but the skies are that indescribable blue, and the sun is shining. When the skies look like this, I can stand the cold.  I wish you could come for a walk with me today along the shores of the big Lake. While it might be a bit chilly, the views are spectacular!!

Don't you love it when a challenge really, really inspires you, and a card in its complete form pops into your brain?! All you have to do is put it together! That's exactly what happened when I saw the inspiration photo from The Heart Desires Challenge #9. My granddaughter's birthday is coming up and I wanted something special for her. She calls herself, "the Queen of Craft," and she'll only be nine next week! Between the two of us, and my sister and her little granddaughter, I'm pretty sure we could craft 24 hours straight. That sounds like fun, doesn't it?! Anyway.... Here is the photo that inspired me:


I blew up the photo a little so your eyes could wander all around. Fabulous, isn't it?! I concentrated on the lower right hand corner. If you look in the pillow's pocket, you'll see a little book. It's a "Lilly" book, and my sweet little 'Queen of Craft' is also named Lily. Had to go with it! 



Yes! And the little card comes out too:


The flowered paper is from American Crafts. Scraps of everything else. Ardyth sent that bunny a few years back, and I knew I'd hoarded saved it for a reason. The hearts are RC dies. The scalloped frame is a PPP die cut twice and split so that the pocket opens. "Lily" is stamped with Altenew's alphabet, and the little flowers are AE. A bit of bling just to make her smile when she pulls out the little card. And the lovely green ink is from Fresh Ink. So there you have it. I had so much fun making this card, and that's part of the enjoyment of cardmaking, isn't it?!

Thanks for all your kind comments about my new blog look. I'm still in awe of Loll's talent, and adore the way this turned out! Have a great weekend, and...



23 comments:

Connie said...

Oh my goodness . . . pretty, pretty, pretty. I love your blog!

Becca Cruger said...

What an adorable card, Bev! I'm sure your granddaughter will love it! It's so interactive and personalized!! How can your granddaughter be the queen of craft though - didn't you tell her she has to be a princess for awhile until you decide to abdicate the throne.

~amy~ said...

perfect, lily is going to LOVE it! Love the added pocket and the sweet little card too!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Bobby said...

I'm so glad this popped into your head, Bev, because it's the cutest card. I'm sure Lily will fall in love with it.

I Card Everyone said...

Lily will be so happy, yes, she'll do a Happy Dance!! Puts a little tap to my toe, Bev! Darling!
=]

JenniferE said...

This is just so pretty! Love the flowers and colors...so springy! Perfect for a little girl's birthday!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I am so loving your card for your granddaughter Bev!! That inspiration photo is amazing, love each square of it! lol But I especially love that last square and how you made your card to look like it! How fun and I bet Lily will love it too!! It is just fabulous! Cold here too but have bright sunshine and blue skies as well, so like you I can take it better when it is nice and sunny out. But I'm staying in anyway, babysitting my little "almost" 3 year old granddaughter. Hugs, Brenda

lostinpaper said...

I agree, a perfectly fun choice of challenge for your Granddaughter, I just know she will adore the wonderful result!

TK said...

Gorgeous, and oh so perfect!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Most FABULOUS inspired card ever, WOW...WOW..WOW...you really knocked this outta the park Bevvie!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the awesome entry to this challenge....KEEP coming back!!!!

Kylie said...

I wish I could come for a walk with you along the shores of your big Lake too. It is on my to-do list. :)

Your Queen of Crafting is going to LOVE the card you have created for her. Bright, happy and interactive - what isn't to love?! And it isn't hoarding...it is waiting for the right project. ;)

big hugs xx

Petra Swart said...

Oh, how I would have loved to join you for a walk along the lake, Bev!!!! Pity I'm sooooooooo far away!!!!!! Enjoy and have fun being outside!!!!!
And your sweet little one is called Lily ...how special to have that inspiration photo!!!!! And what a great card you have made for the little Queen ...so clever with the pocket for the cute little card!!!! Love the pretty flowers and fun polka dots and the little rabbit is just soooooooo sweet!!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Susanne Vargas said...

Lily will love this pretty, personalized card you made for her! The cheerful papers, that cute bunny, and the little card inside the pocket are so darling! I'm so happy for you that the card turned out exactly how you envisioned it! That feels great (although it doesn't happen very often to me)!
Would love to take a walk with you along the shores of your big lake and admire the views! Then you would have to come and walk along the shores of OUR big lake...

Nora Noll said...

What a fabulous card!! That paper you used is PERFECTION. All the layering and that little bunny-just precious. Lily is going to love it!!

Jen W. said...

I love when inspiration hits so perfectly and clearly like that! Lily is going to be thrilled with this adorable card. I love the papers you used, the little pocket is so clever and the happy yellow frame is perfect!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love how this is interactive and so very fun! Well done and thanks for joining us at THD!

Tracey McNeely said...

Bev this card is so darling for your sweet Lily "The Queen of Craft", makes my heart swell hearing that she loves to craft with her grammy! Super sweet and the book in the pocket is cute, mini and just plain fun! Hope you are doing well and refraining from YKW's!

Toni said...

absolutely perfect for your granddaughter and for our challenge! Love the papers you've chosen and how you pulled it all together

Toni
THD DT Coordinator

tonyamaries said...

I love it when inspiration hits like that! This is a beautiful card and your granddaughter will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at The Heart Desires Challenge! Please come play with us again soon!

jen said...

Oh my goodness! Your take on the inspiration is so fabulous! I love all the details and your granddaughter is sure to love her sweet card too! Thank you so much for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Juhi said...

What an adorable card!!! Love the use of PP. Thanks so much for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge!

Darnell said...

Oh, dear, Bevie, I could swear I commented on this brilliant card and planned to say I was "popping back ..." but I don't see me. I definitely remember seeing it when it was posted and thinking wonderful compliments about it and now I can say congratulations on the WIN from The Heart Desires!! So well-deserved, my friend!! Love and hugs, Darnell

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love this card Bev! Congrats on your win! Contact me at Katieannbrooks@gmail.com, hoping you will come by our guest designer. :)