Friday, April 25, 2014

One More Go

Things got off to a slow start with me and The Card Concept Challenge. The theme, as you know, is "Umbrella." A very focused theme, and a true challenge! Before I made my first card (see this post), I did lots of thinking. Then Voila! Ping! Another card popped right into my brain! This second card of mine still has an umbrella, but this one is even more "out of the box!"




It makes me chuckle...




A teeny-tiny drink umbrella in a tropical drinky-pooh. If I hadn't stamped the umbrella on a smidge of dp and fussy cut it, it would be a one-layer card. Neenah white base, the stars, sentiment and umbrella are stamps from Skipping Stones, and the glass is from Clear and Simple stamps. SU black ink, Studio G aqua and pink inks, and MME Smoke ink. I traced the stars with my Wink of Stella, then sprinkled some MS glitter on them. 

Tomorrow marks a fun blog hop over at Pretty Pink Posh. I'm hoping to add the graphic to my sidebar but will also make a clickable link within this post. Very excited for Paulina about this. She's one of the sweetest crafters in blogland. It's all about making Sequin Shakers, and Paulina will have a linky-widget for us all to post our creations on her blog! She's got tons of sponsors, and prizes! The hop runs from tomorrow beginning at 6 a.m., PST, and goes until 11:55 p.m., PST on Monday April, 28th. Be sure to get your creative juices flowing and join in the fun!



bloghop_mini

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Now see, a good little abstemious Salvation Army girl like myself would NEVER have come up with the clever idea of the umbrella in a drink! lol! So sweet and perfectly CAS! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

Jean said...

LOVE this umbrella, I do believe that umbrellas in drinks are the best kind ;) ~ super cute CAS card!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Lol i absolutely love your take on this challenge!

Joyce said...

Oh, this is so fun and very cute. Where did you get that quote sentiment stamp? It is the best.

Anita in France said...

Tee hee, tee hee, Bev ... how original, how fun, how brilliant ... how you! Such a perfect spot for an umbrella ... and it's just the right size to slip into a purse or handbag for when it's needed! Still smiling, my friend! Anita :)

cm said...

Oh my - joining Anita with the 'tee hee' over how adorable and "you" this little drink umbrella is! Original, fresh and just down-right SWEET!! Love the card; love your creativity!! Awesome! Hugs~c

Kylie said...

So adorable! Love your take on the challenge. A little umbrella in a yummy drink is such a unique idea. I hope you win!! Hugs!!

Hannelie said...

Hehe... you're making me thirsty!
;)

Karen Davis said...

HuH!!! LOL This is thinking outside the square!! Love it. Just want to take a sip. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.

Kim Heggins said...

Bev, this is just too darn cute! And that sentiment is about as perfectas they come. I love it! Sorry to be so far behind in commenting too, promise to get caught up soon.

Geri said...

A drinkie-poo umbrella - LOVE IT! That is one wee fussy cutting project! I love the look of the um....liquid....in the drink! It's got to be a Blue Hawaiian...I can almost taste the ting of pineapple juice! Creative cleverness dear friend! Thanks for linking up at the CCC :)