Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Birthday SUE!!!

Today is my best friend's birthday. She also happens to be my sister. My OLDER sister....hahaha, Sue! There are so many wonderful things about who she is and what she does...I don't even know how I could even begin to tell you about her, because there aren't enough words that can fully describe her, and no blog could ever hold all I love I feel for her.

She makes the best Potato Salad in the world. And one of my personal favorite treats, German Chocolate Bars. Sue is an excellent cook! She does flowers, crafts and scrapbooks. Not only did I get her addicted to scrapbooking, but I've also enabled her card making habit too! I got her started, but the student has surpassed the master! She has the kind of house that the minute you walk in the door, it feels like home. Her home decorating skills would make most interior decorators envious. But it's not about what's placed in her home, but how her very presence makes everybody comfortable and loved. And don't get me started about how she takes care of everyone from our dad, to her children, grandchildren, family members, and friends. Sue is fun, funny, sweet and all the most excellent of adjectives you can think of! She is a genuine, loving person. I love her dearly. Can't tell you how richly I am blessed to have her as my sister. So happy birthday, Sue. This one's for you.

You know I couldn't celebrate without a little party...so here we go. We'll start with some party settings...


Im in love with this color scheme <3 I can do this with my two baby girls!!! YAY for girls!

Now I know that this looks like a baby's party, but this could have been Sue and I a "few" years back. And Sue's hair would be blond...I'd be the one going after the cake...


elegant picnic, where one would read poetry



Since it's a party, we have to have a few beverages, and some snacks. Her favorite is raspberry, so I thought we'd start with those luscious floating raspberry drinky-poohs.


freshhh



adult cocktail party ideas - Google Search



Elegant Picnic Wedding with a Fresh Color Palette  Read more - http://www.stylemepretty.com/2014/03/24/elegant-picnic-wedding-with-a-fresh-color-palette/



Food: Fruit Skewers



Looking for tasty, elegant finger foods for your next gathering? These mini cheesy quiches are delicious and pretty!



Elegant, Easy Samosas for Fall Parties Recipe by Popsugar Food | Maypurr



apple pie in a glass. I'm not an apple pie fan but this is so stinking adorable! I think I'll try a variety of pie types like this for Thanksgiving!!


And we'll need a birthday cake or two....



Elegant birthday cake featured on Style Me Pretty    Photography by mossandisaac.com  www.laelcakes.com


Elegant Birthday Cake with White Lotus


And some special presents!! I picked these out just for you, Sue!

Since your current craft room is a blank canvas, I thought one of these would make the perfect gift:


Love this craft room but that spider light has got to go lol.. Perfect for wrapping gifts and making gift baskets.! I always lose wrapping paper and ribbon and spend a fortune buying more.! So organized, I love !



craft room to die for!!


would love this for a craft room image how much scrapping i could do :)

Next up is a blue jacket. You'll notice the blue checks on the cuffs. It's the best I could do to replicate the one that I "stole" from you all those years ago...





Diamonds are April's birthstone, lucky duck, and since I know you're fond of snowflakes, I thought this would be just the ticket:


Something cool to put your iPod on while you craft....





A planter for your back deck, figured you'd like this one....





And last but not least, a few more crocks to add to your collection:





Now all I have to do is win the lottery so I can give you all these things. In the meantime, you have my love and my best wishes for the happiest birthday so far. You're the best.



14 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy birthday to Sue! What a fabulous party!

Susanne Vargas said...

Bev, you organize the most amazing parties!
All those wonderful things you said about Sue I can say about my older sister! Aren't we lucky!
Happy Birthday, Sue!

Ardyth said...

YOu certainly know how to throw a party, my friend! Your best friend Sue is lucky to have you - you're pretty wonderful yourself! Have a wonderful Easter!

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Bev, you are one party thrower extra-ordinaire ... what a happy, happy celebration for Sue, she sounds so wonderful ... and you know what they say about birds of a feather! You are both so blessed to have one another! Happy Birthday, Sue! Easter Blessings to you, dear friend, Anita :)

Kylie said...

Happy birthday to you dear sweet sister, Sue! I hope she has the most MARVELLOUS birthday!

Jen Mitchell said...

Happy birthday to Sue, who sounds like a wonderful person! I'm so glad I got a peek at the party!

Shannon J said...

Awwww - what a lovely card and lovely tribute to your sis!! Nothing is better than to be able to call your sister your BFF!

Bobby said...

What a lovely tribute to your sister. If you actually threw a party like that, I'd drive all the way from Michigan to be there. Happy Birthday, Sue, and Happy Easter to all of you!

Craftychris said...

What a lovely birthday blog party for your sister! I hope Sue had a wonderful birthday and it's obvious one of the wonderful things is that you have each other as sisters! xx

Keren Baker said...

What a brilliant post. I obviously don't know Sue- but Happy Birthday to her and wow, I'll come to one of your parties anytime!!

Marybeth said...

Wow I love every birthday picture craft room picture you picked ! Nice job! What a sweet birthday post for your sister Sue hope she had a good one! I have a Marysue!

Deepti said...

Awww how sweet of you!! love the party and I sure Sue must have loved it :)

Geri said...

I'm so sorry for commenting on this so late...but the post never showed up in my mailbox! Which appears to be happening quite often! Grrrr....Bad Blogger!

You sure know how to throw a grand party! You must have spent hours preparing! But worth every minute for someone as special to you as your sister Sue!

Please wish Sue a belated happy birthday from me! Sisterly love...nothing compares!

cm said...

I'm late to the party, but given the beautiful one you've organized for your 'best friend', I suspect the celebrations are still carrying on! Happy Belated Birthday,Sue! Bev, once again, you've showcased your extraordinary warm-heart and thoughtfulness in creating this party! From the photo of "the two of you" (I'd be diving in to the cake, too!), to the coat replacement, to, well, everything - this is sheer delight! Wonderful post; wonderful party; WONDERFUL YOU!!
Hugs~c