Friday, July 20, 2012

20 July 2012

It's been awhile.  Before I do anything, I'd like to give a shout-out to my sister Sue and her friend Terry up in Rhinelander.  Fun scrappin' buddies!  Spent a few days up there sort of helping my sister care for her post-surgical husband.  He's doing well, but has a long road ahead.  For all you "pray-ers", please, if you would, ask God to continue to keep Mike in His care.  Thanks : )
Going to Scrap and Stamp up at church tomorrow.... 7 hours of friends, cardmaking, and scrapbooking...you know you want to come too!!!!  Gonna be a blast.


I will link this card to CFC61.  At first, the black was intimidating, but once I found the perfect papers, it became fun.  I used black & crushed curry cardstock from SU, and a small gray scrap.  The patterned paper is from the Blissful collection by Authentique (love, love, love this collection)! The die is from SU, and I cut one patterned and two curry.  And the rub-on is from Hobby Lobby.  I'm happy dancin' now.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I would've never know that the black was intimidating at first - this turned out great! I LOVE that patterned paper, and you've paired it so wonderfully with the rub-on and cardstock. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

This is so striking! I love the gorgeous folk art pattern on the paper you chose, and the Crushed Curry really pops against the black base. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!