Saturday, August 10, 2019

Twofer Challenge #19

Well hello there! I hope your summer is going along just swimmingly! After a very cool Spring, summer finally landed here in Southeastern Wisconsin, and believe me, I'm trying to take advantage of it! It was delightful to see all of your cards for the garden Twofer Challenge last time! Your ideas and designs were just wonderful and I know you'll like what's in store for you for our 19th Challenge.


How cool (pun intended) is that prompt?!! Who wants to meet at the beach, relax under umbrellas with fruity drinks and enjoy the sun, sand, and surf?! Maybe get on a charter boat? Turn into mermaids? Sounds like heaven to me! Before we head off though, we should probably get our cards made...two cards with two different designs (think two different sketches) for two different occasions using the same stamps, dies, stencils, and then let's hit the shoreline! Oh wait...I've got mine done already! Guess that means I'll go on ahead of you and mix up the daiquiris!

Here they are together:


And separately:



For both cards, I used a Studio Katia waves stencil. My birthday card is pretty traditional with a wavy ocean and a little MFT boat floating under the YNS sun. The second one, an anniversary card, used the same waves, but they look so different covering the whole card front in black. The flower spray is from WPlus9, and the sentiment is from Li'l Inkers on a hot pink MFT rectangle. So I'll see you in the Twofer Challenge gallery, right?! Sure hope so! And as always...


18 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Bev, what a brilliant use of those wavy lines, love the sweet sailboat of your first card, and am wowed by your backdrop and flowers on the second. So cool in black and white with that pop of red.

~amy~ said...

Brilliant use of the stencil! Love both of your fabulous designs.

Darnell said...

You had me at daiquiris, Bevie! Your words, along with your cards, have transformed me to the beach! I love your traditional ocean sail-ebration design and how you used your waves as a striped background with your pretty lei of tropical Hawaiian flowers! Hugs, Darnell

Lori m said...

Beautiful cards, makes me want to sail away, hugs, Lori m

Claire said...

Gosh your twofer cards threw me for a minute Bev, I had to really look as they are so different its hard to even imagine you've used the same stencil. I'm a sucker for little sail boats especially with a happy smiley sun above :) The Anniversary card looks so striking especially with the pop of pink, fab cards and I feel like here in the UK at the moment we've just got all the water and not a lot of the shiny yellow thing that some call the sunshine ;) x

Anita in France said...

What a sweet little sailing boat, Bev, bobbing about on that splendidly stencilled wavy ocean ... a delicious, inviting, summery scene ... are the daiquiris available onboard?! Love the bold monochrome background and line art blooms on your anniversary card ... they're elegant, stylish, striking ... and so dramatic with that pop of pink in the sentiment panel! Thinking of you, my friend ... big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I am loving the fun way you used the patterns. The waves were awesome an awesome choice as you can use them to look like stripes as well as water. Lovely design!

Christine Alexander said...

Love that wave stencil Bev and the dramatic background you created for your flower card. two great cards for the challenge :)

I Card Everyone said...

sorry, girlfriend not enough booze in the ocean that could make me go on a sailboat... but I do the pre-sail party!
I never thought of using the same background twice - you nearly boggled my mind! xx
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What fabulous ways to use that wave stencil, Bev! It looks great as an ocean and also as a background to that yummy outline floral spray!!

Kim S said...

I'm looking forward to the daiquiris!! It's definitely waves and it's definitely a fabulous striped background! I love the uncolored flowers - so wonderful behind the bold pink sentiment square.

Kara Lynne said...

Ah, I think we missed each other on the lake. I was a little north of your house in Door County this past weekend. Darn, I missed the daiquiris! No sailing for us, but looking at your boat on those cool stenciled waves is SO inviting! What a fantastic wavy backdrop for your spray of flowers too, with the perfect pop of color for your sentiment! Cheers to you, dear friend!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE the stencil you used Bev, and how cool that you did the one traditional and the other not so traditional?!! I love the Sail-abrate sentiment too...just perfect for your birthday card! And your anniversary card is FABULOUS!! I just LOVE black & white cards with just a pop of color! Two wonderful cards my friend and I hope to be in the gallery soon! And save a spot on the beach and a daiquiri (strawberry please!) for me!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

I love that sweet little boat bopping along in the waves with the punny sentiment. The black and white is so striking with a touch of red. Please keep my daiquiris cold, I'm on my way as soon as I get my flip flops on!

lostinpaper said...

What a great way to showcase this stencil and two very different but wonderful designs Bev!

TK said...

Perfect cards and I love your "out of the box" waves for the backdrop on the second card -- bold and beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving that amazing wave stencil Bev and am inspired by how you've used it in such different ways :)

Carol L said...

I'm packed and ready to hit the beach! LOL Love these summery cool cards, and they're both a delightful take on the Twofer challenge! I just love the punny sentiment on the first one with that cute sailboat and smiling sun! The second card looks fabulous with the black & white and that pop of red color in the sentiment! What a great use of those stripes to use for two completely different backgrounds too! Well done :)