Friday, December 7, 2018

I Have To Tell You This...

I have to tell you this, because he's funny. My dad. Good grief...at least he thinks he's funny, lol! His birthday is coming up on the 14th, and he'll be 89 years old, (I know, right?!). So for the past couple of months, he's been telling anyone who will listen that's he's 88 (true), but next year he'll be 90 (also true). It take most people a minute; "88, 90...Whatever happened to 89?" Then he laughs and says "My birthday is in December!!!" What a guy. And still going strong! So of course, I made him a birthday card.

This one turned out just the way I saw it in my head. Love it when that happens! It will go to play at C(ASE) This Sketch, and also at Addicted to Stamps.



Hope he likes it...


I started out with an aqua-greeny base. I found an old pad of 6x6 papers from MME, and die cut a WPlus9 circle, which I split for the "d's," and an MFT triangle for the "a." Popped the letters on a white strip and called it done.

And while I am here, how about another coffee card for Amy's Coffee Lovers Blog Hop? Okay! You are playing along, aren't you? You still have time to enter, so don't be shy; come play! 


I made this:


I had a scrap of that coffee paper left over from a few years back, and found it just in time for this hop. The base is not black, nor is the sentiment. They're really navy blue, but we have an overcast day and nothing is photographing the way I'd like it to...I don't remember who made the paper, but the "coffee" is from Verve, and the "& you" are from PTI. Pretty EZPZ! And now it's time for me to look at the bill pile. Ugh. I'd rather be making cards!! Have a wonderful weekend, and as always...


18 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Your Dad sounds like a hoot! The story totally made me grin! Love his birthday card and your sweet coffee card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great coffee card design for winter giving.

Hetty said...

Beautiful coffee card. Nice winter scene.

~amy~ said...

Your dad is awesome. He's going to love his card.
Yay for another coffee card, love that paper!!!!!!

Billie A said...

Love your dads humor.. Happy birthday to him.. I love the card you made for him. and I love the coffee card. Great images and colors.

Patti said...

Oh my goodness Bev! LOL it took me a while to figure out the joke! LOL What can I say I'm a little slow. I love that your Dad still has his sense of humor. My Dad, also 89 (in July) is also a fun loving character : ) He's gonna love his card!!

Your coffee card is too sweet as well... GREAT! colors!!

Darnell said...

How wonderful that your Pops is still so sharp-witted, Bevie! We should all be so lucky! Tell him I loved his riddler and, yes, it did take me a minute! I love both your EZPZ designs, especially your very clever way of making "DAD" with a circle and a triangle! You are so inspiring with your use of pp!! Miss you! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Your dad is funny! :) It's great that his sense of humour is going strong. Happy Birthday to him!! He is going to love that card Bev! It's very creative, modern and fun. Sounds like your dad!

Great coffee card too. Always good to use up some older supplies. xx

I Card Everyone said...

What a genius, way to spell DAD! I love both pps, Bev... and laughed because I think my fil used to use that same gag on anyone who would listen! Gosh I miss that guy... his birthday is today!
Complaining about those bill piles is better than having them, my friend!
Be blessed... love and hugs...
=]

Laura S. said...

Bev, love so many coffee mugs on those cards. So awesome!

Fikreta said...

ITs so wonderful!

lostinpaper said...

He will love your card for sure Bev, Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Anita in France said...

Tee hee ... I'd like your Dad, Bev ... we do that sort of silliness too!! Fabulous card ... cool, crisp, graphic and so clever ... he'll love it! What a fun coffee card ... yes please, I'll just beam over and we can have it with a croissant or two! Miss you, my friend ... big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a great card, love the colors and design.

Susanne Vargas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susanne Vargas said...

Your dad sounds like so much fun! It would have taken me more than a minute to figure that out! Totally love the cool card with that modern vibe you made for him! And your coffee card is fun!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hi Bev! Stopping by for a visit ... what a hilarious story of your dad and his birthday : ) And I super love the card you made for him! Making letters out of common shapes is such a smart idea!! Very clever.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and are gearing up for the New Year. xoxo, Kelly

maria f. said...

This is soooo cool, Bev. And sounds like your Pops is too! Hope your 2019 is a happy and healthy one. Giant hugs across the pond to ya.