Sunday, June 10, 2018

Twofer Challenge #6

Hi Everyone! This time, the Twofer Challenge, which runs from the 10th -24th, is all about "trees." I couldn't find a tree stamp in my collection, at least not one that I liked, so I did a little shopping and found a really fun die set from MFT. My twofer consists of a Father's Day card, which uses the dies in the traditional manner, and the second is an Easter card, which got my thinking not only outside the box, but possibly all the way into the next room. However, both cards follow the rules of the challenge. Now, just because my cards are vastly different from each other, doesn't mean you have to follow my example. Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team, and our lovely Guest Designers to see what they've made!


These are my two cards, photographed together:


And separately:



You must be wondering where the tree is on the second card, right?! It's there, I promise. Let me show you the dies...


Tree dies. Nice tree dies. Trees. Or eggs, or cookies, or carrots.... Now, I could have gone with something like this...


...but I didn't. You can, though. You can make two different tree cards; keeping them as trees. I saw the dies, and one of my famous pings went off. I saw an egg. For those of you who know me, you know that I have to follow my pings. So I went with it! I used the egg-shaped tree top to make Easter eggs for my bunny. They (pardon the pun) crack me up. (hahahahahahahaha) 

All the papers on all the cards are from my scrap files (yay!) The grass dies on the Father's Day card are MFT dies. The 'cherries' are also from an MFT cover plate. Uniko, SC, and AE sentiments. And the funny bunny is from Inky Antics.

So. Get busy. Pull out those tree stamps and dies. Make a couple of cards and join me and the rest of the Design Team in the gallery. You can do it! I'll see you there...And as always...


17 comments:

Happy Dance said...

So glad you stopped by!

Darnell said...

I guess I'm in the other room with you, Bevie, as I see an egg, too! What a fun and versatile die set that is and what a fabulous job you did of showing us just how versatile it is! Both scenes are pure delight and beautifully executed! I thought maybe you had drawn the bunny; now I must go see if it's still available cuz I have visions of him holding up a certain hamster, lol! Miss you! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful use of that tree die. It certainly makes a cute egg so I love both the EAster card and the more traditional use of the die. Great Twofers.

Brenda said...

I saw it too when I saw your first card Bev! What a great egg the one tree makes! The pointy tree would make a great carrot too. Such fun dies and such fun card you have came up with! I love the father's day card but it is the bunny card that has won my heart. Hugs, Brenda

Susanne Vargas said...

So much fun! Of course, that die can be used as an egg! We have to stretch out supplies as much as we can, right? Your father's day card is fabulous with the different green patterned papers and the Easter card is hilarious with that bunny doing a circus act!
Awesome designs!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! what a fun and fabulous pair of cards!!! The tree die set is so versatile and you used it perfectly.
Love the card with the beautiful trees showing the lovely pattern papers and then, the card with the Easter Eggs just took this set to the next level, how incredibly creative, love that sweet bunny having fun with the eggs.
Thank you for having me as your Guest Designer, I'm having so much fun being in all of you ladies' company.
Big Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Mac Mable said...

Great way to get extra mileage from those dies. So creative and such fun. The first card is so contemporary and the second so unique and I love it x

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful Twofer idea Bev, your designs are so much fun!

nancy littrell said...

Your tree cards are so creative and your 2nd Easter card is so clever, Bev. TFS Hugs...

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love both your "tree" cards Bev. You're right, this is a fun tree die set! You'll get a lot of use from it! Love the mix of patterned papers on your Father's Day card. They all work together so perfectly. And even better when you can use up scraps!

That bunny card is ADORABLE! I feel a little bad for the the bunny because he looks like he's being crushed by those giant eggs! :) What a great way to stretch your die and so pretty with the flowery paper too! xx

I Card Everyone said...

TWO CUTE, Bev! and I'm not egg-zagerating!
I thought for a moment you might have drawn that little bunny - what a work out he's getting! xx
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the way you thought outside of the box! Sometimes when you don't have just the right thing in your stash you have to get inventive. I think the second card it just too fun!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Bev, I laughed at the pun and I want to egg you on for more! Very cute idea to use the tree die for eggs. I really like the pattern papers you used for you tree card.

Kara Lynne said...

That bunny and his eggs could not be any cuter! It looks like these eggs are why he was made! So clever! Your Father's Day card and cherry tree card have me smiling for the single fact that you used your scraps - you must have some amazing scraps to have all those great colors and patterns that work together so well! I hope you're having a great day, Bev!

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Bev ... those pp trees in their pp landscape are so wonderfully whimsical and cute ... what a fabulous scene! Eeeek ... the bunny! I mean, the bunny ... he's beyond sweet, balancing those two huge (chocolate inside!) Easter Eggs ... and had me smiling all over my face at his adorability! Love the cherry tree ... just as they are all here at the moment ... cherries galore being harvested! A splendid trio, my sweet friend! Thinking of you ... big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Bobby said...

The patterned papers you chose for your trees and grassy hills look wonderful, Bev. Your out-of-the-box thinking made such a darling Easter card with that bunny doing his workout with the decorated eggs.

Patti said...

Clever!! very very clever!! I love your take on this challenge Bev!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti