Wednesday, June 21, 2017

There's Still Time to Play at The Heart Desires...

Every time I look at this inspiration board from The Heart Desires, I'm still inspired.  If you haven't had the chance to play along yet, I do hope you will join me there. I was (and still am) thrilled to be this month's Guest Designer; this is truly one of my very most favorite challenges in the whole wide world ever! You know you want to....come on...crank up the tunes, grab that cuppa, break out the crafty goodies, and hang out with me!



OH! I do have another card to share! 



Sorry about the photo...the stripes are a gray that actually match the sentiment, but the light wouldn't cooperate. I created the stripes with my Silhouette as I didn't have a chunk in my stash. The cake, sentiment, and cake plate are from Hero Arts, and I colored the cake with a minty fresh Copic. I added some 'frosting' beads with a white gel pen. The strawberry is from a WPlus9 set. And the panel is an MFT die. I'm so in love with Mama Elephant's Smoke ink, that I've used it here again. I wish you could see how cute this is in person... 
I'd like to thank the DT at The Heart Desires for this opportunity; I've had a blast as June's Guest Designer. Can't help but smile every time I think about it!! 



18 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I hear you, photography can sometimes be the 'hardest' part of a card lol. Your card is wonderful Bev, the cake is beautiful but it's the strawberry on top that 'takes the cake'!

wienerhoneymooners said...

You are such a SUPER cheerleader for THD, it is so appreciated!!! You always make my day with your posts!!! Your creativity knows no bounds MF!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, loved your other one as well. There seems to be some issue with their blog and mine I couldnt access links. This has happened on a couple of blogs lately and has something to do with being in Australia apparently.

~amy~ said...

Such a delish cake! You've been such a marvelous guest!

shirley-bee said...

Scrumptious! Loving that single strawberry on the top.

Nora Noll said...

Totally amazing!! LOVE the stamped cake with the single strawberry. I also ADORE the striped paper in the background!! Fabulous card!!

Christine Alexander said...

so cute, love the card:) The cake is wonderful

Christine Alexander said...

fun card, love the colours :)

Rose said...

Love this card Bev! A really lovely take on the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

Now I'm craving Key Lime Pie... yes. for breakfast - is there a better time?
Darling card, fabulous inspiration - might have to do second helpings!!!
=]

Geri said...

Your stunning card is just as decadent and yummy as a real-life cake! The stripes are cool but it's the single strawberry that knocks this fab card clean out of the ball park!

Lynn said...

Can see why you love this inspiration photo. Gorgeous...swooning over the stripes and your fabulous design Bev.

Darnell said...

You were a great GD, Bevie, and you provided us with stunning inspiration! I love your pretty design with that delicious looking key lime cake!! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Your cake is so delicious looking, Bev! Love the soft colours with the gray striped background. Congrats on your GD spot at The Heart Desires. Sorry I've been MIA ... working on a project that is now finished and hope to be back on a more regular basis so I don't miss any of your amazing cards. Hope you are well. xx

Anita in France said...

Yum ... how scrumptious, Bev ... the soft colours in your delicious cake are gorgeous ... and I just love the pop of red in the strawberry on the top! Thinking of you, my friend, and sending you hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Another awesome card for the Heart Desires such a fabulous mood board.

Kylie said...

I seriously LOVE how you coloured in the cake! WOW! The whole card looks so lovely!

Bobby said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot, Bev. This card is scrumptious with all its decorating details.