Thursday, February 19, 2015

Don't You Just Love This Blogging Community?!

The Card Making Blogiverse. Sometimes I like to stop and think of all of you out there and what a wonderful place this is. We're all "next-door" neighbors. It's true, though I couldn't run over to your house and borrow a cup of sugar, lol! But we are only a few letters typed away from each other. And it's a NICE place to be. Card makers should just run everything. Then the whole, wide world would be such a lovely place! I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to you all for the encouragement, the kind words, and the friendships I've formed by being a part of this very special community. You're the best.

If you haven't had a chance to attend the birthday party for Anita, you can click HERE, and check it out. You won't be sorry, as we have two kinds of cake...birthday cake and beefcake...lol! And if you haven't popped in to say 'happy birthday' to her, it's not too late. You can visit Anita at mypapercraftworld.

I actually do have a couple of cards to share today. And I have to laugh, they started out completely different from what you're seeing here. I stopped thinking and let my artistic (hahahahaha, yeah Sue, Sandy and everyone who really knows me...but I can draw stick people...mostly) side take over. Well, however they turned out, they did. And I like them. (Is that a tacky thing to say?)

My first card is for the Fusion Challenge. Incredible colors in this photo. As much as I wanted to combine the photo and sketch, it wasn't in the cards (hahahahahahahahahaha...sorry...a little). Check it out:


If you look closely, you'll see gold on the teal wall. That's what I first saw. So I took my MFT Swiss Dots die and cut a scrap. I used it as a stencil. See:


All the papers except the Michaels white base are scraps. I used the brown and created a frame with two MFT pierced rectangle dies. 'Happy' is in the same brown and is a MB die. A PTI sentiment stamped in AE orange ink. The gold dots are inked with Delicata. I think the orange and gold strip is from SEI, but don't hold me to it.... 

The next card fits Tag You're It, #15, and as it so happens, CAS(E) this Sketch, #111. At least I hope it fits the sketch well enough at CTS. Let's have a gander at the inspiration found at these two fun challenges, shall we? Okie dokie then...



I drew inspiration from Donna's colors. And try as hard as I may, the little stamps weren't working for me today. And you can see I flipped the card shape for the CTS challenge. Ready?....


The base is Michaels white, and the chevrons are all scraps. Various sequins. A random scrap of ribbon. And the AE sentiment is from fellow BABE, Darnell! Thanks honeygirl, this is fast becoming one of my go-to sets for fun sentiments. I used an NBUS tag die from SC, and cut the tag out from the front panel.. The tag die comes as a set with 5 sizes! So far, I'm loving it! I popped up the tag just for fun. And as a nod to Miss D., this card was QAEZPZ! Happy dances everyone.


ETA:  Hannelie suggested I add this card to CAS on Sunday, where the theme is "chevrons." So if it's alright with the DT over there, I'll do just that! Have a great weekend!


27 comments:

donna mikasa said...

That is one awesome tag, Bev! Love how you drew the colors from the tag and were able to join CTS, too! Yay!

Nora Noll said...

How fun are these cards? Love that you created your own stencil to make the polka dots. I need to utilize my dies like this more often.

The second card is my favorite. I LOVE how you created the chevrons in different lengths and adorned them with sequins. Great take on the sketch. Fabulous cards!!

Susanne Vargas said...

You are right, Bev, Card Making Blogiverse is a very nice place! I like your idea that they should run everything and so make the world a much better place! Very well said, Bev!
And you made two fabulous cards! The both look very modern and stylish! Love them!

Marybeth said...

I couldn't agree more with everything you said Bev!
Love both cards ! Your tag card is a wow....card! OMgosh I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It,Bev!

Kim Heggins said...

Miss Bev...just so sweet. Love both of your cards. I know just what you mean when the card you have in your mind does not translate to card stock, no fun at all but your card is really fabulous and I love the colors. Your hello card is so fun and so different, can't wait to give this idea a go...Enjoy the rest of your week, miss you lots!

~amy~ said...

I know, right?! This paper crafting community is AWESOME....I personally appreciate the note you sent me regarding my boy:)

Awesome Fusion card and even more awesome-r is that it is make from scraps!

Your second card makes me a happy camper with the chevrons and the pops of glorious color.

Happy Friday!!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

I love the modern design and the aqua/orange combination! I also love those chevrons moving across the tag! Wonderful cards, and yes, a most wonderful community!!

I Card Everyone said...

We all love you back, too, Bev... very cute cards... you had me at ric-rac! Thanks for tagging that one over at CTS!!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I especially like the second one with the chevrons! Fabulous take on the CTS sketch!

Hannelie said...

Love the cards you're sharing Bev! especially the one for CTS of course! Love the colors, love the chevrons ( it would fit the bill for the challenge at CAS on Sunday too!)
and then , the touch of b&w polkas!!!
So glad you joined us this week!

cm said...

Yes, this community is remarkably awesome, isn't it Bev! I agree with every word you've written; a world of friendships that I never dreamed possible has opened for me, and I am so much the richer for it! Thank you for speaking eloquently what's in the hearts of many of us, especially in mine! Your Fusion card is fantastic; wonderful use of your scraps. Colourful chevrons, sequins, a tag... yep, loving this second one, too!
Hugs~c

Geri said...

Ya crack me up girl! Great post! Yep, our sport is the best! No black eyes, no strained muscles (unless we stretch too far back into the closet to find all the NBUS) AND no penalties! Pay isn`t all that great but who cares?

I LOVE your Fusion card! Bold design, bold sentiment and bold colors - GREAT mix!

Then, without missing a beat, you whip up a soft, graphic, pastel pretty! AWESOME job lining up the chevrons!!! Yep - winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Bobby said...

I never in a million years dreamed of a community of hobbyists that would become fast friends like this group of card makers has. I'm so fortunate to be a part of it with you, Bev. I'm loving your rick rack card and how you staggered the edges.

Michelle said...

Well, if you were willing to come to Brisbane for that cup of sugar, I'd give it to you. ;-) I'm with you, the crafty bloggy community is THE BEST! Your cards are awesome, Bev. I especially love your bright zig zags. Thanks for joining us at CTS!

Lynn said...

I think you need to come to Cincinnati (although not this weekend as we're snowed in!) You are so right Bev...loving this blogging community. Love the graphic feel of your card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, stunning card, Bev. I love the colours and the tag. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Anita in France said...

YES ... you hit the nail right on the head, Bev ... this crafty blogosphere is such a delightful place, filled with warm, charming, loving and creative people ... like you, for example! I'm still enjoying my party, thank you so much ... the food and drink has lasted really well, even with those hunks around! What a cool Fusion card ... my eye went to the gold on aqua wallpaper too, when I saw the inspiration ... your take on it with those rich browns and touch of orange is fabulous! Now your tag ... crisp, clean, fun and completely yummy ... love it! Bon dimanche, ma chère amie! Bisous, bisous, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Great post and fantastic card, Bevie! I am particularly taken with your chevron card and I'm glad Hannelie mentioned the challenge, so you could enter something because this is a total winner in my eyes! I'll bet there is a sketch challenge that would work, too. Anyway, I love it, especially love that it was QAEZPZ and used some NBUS!! Enjoy your Sunday! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

I will be checking out Anita's party for sure Bev! I think you hit the nail right on the head, it is a great community with card maker's and if the world ran the way it does here in blogland, well it would be a perfect world! lol I am loving both of your cards! The dot die stencil you made is fabulous!! I love how simple and clean this card is but yet it is colorful and just very cool-love those colors in the inspiration photo! But it is your second card that I am in love with!! It is just perfect in every way! I love the tag, the colored chevrons and those fabulous sequins! Yep, this is my favorite!! Hugs, Brenda

anja curvers said...

Wow lovely design great tag and card. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday and Tag you're it.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful tag/card Bev...just love your colorful chevrons on it! And I agree that the blogging community is just the best...they bring smiles to my face every day! :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fabulous post Bev! You are one of those neighbours that make the blogging community such a wonderful place! xoxo Love your cards and those chevrons--wow. Thank you for sharing with us at Tag You`re It!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh I totally agree on the next door neighbor feel of blog-land. Love the pops of color on this white card. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Gayatri said...

That is one beautiful tag card. i love how the chevron continues on the card both sides. LOVE it. Thanks for participating in TYIC! <3

I Card Everyone said...

Congrats, Bev... loved that ric-rack!

Geri said...

Yep - Called it! Congrats on the HM at CTS !!!

Darnell said...

I just saw your recognition at CASOS and came to congratulate you and now I see Geri's note above, so TWO congratulations are in order!! This card really is amazing, Bevie!! Hugs and Miss You! Darnell