Yesterday, I started two cards. The first one you'll see was tough. Not because the challenge was tough, but rather, I kept smearing the *$#^%@!*&%$* ink. Once I even dropped a loaded stamp on the ready panel. *sigh* So last night, I quit. And today, ONE try. ONE. Guess I should have given up sooner last night. This is for the Muse Challenge. And before I go any further, I'd like to say a big thank you to all who voted for my last Muse Card. There were so many gorgeous cards, truly. So "thanks" for this honor. I'm humbled and delighted all at the same time. Marion Vagg has this little sweetie pie of a card this week. Simply darling. Loved it the second I saw it. Whimsical is the term that came to my mind, and I loved the hand drawn lines. I don't have an owl, except maybe a Halloween one, so went in a completely different direction.
The one I FINALLY came up with is a baby boy card. And while it took a while to make it to my liking, I really, really enjoyed the process. Taught me that I don't always have to "color inside the lines."
First check out some of the boo-boos:
They turned into 'scratch' paper...
It's a 4.25 x 4.25" square with a 3.75 x 3.75 focal panel. With a couple of blue Copics and my AC markers, I free ?drew? the borders, letting them just flow as they would. The stamps are Gina K., stamped in SU black and colored with two yellow copics. Mounted on my ever present Neenah white base.
Next I've got a card for Fusion's latest challenge. Did my best to use both the photo and the sketch. This also fills the bill for Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Emboss It!
Used to have a kitchen in almost these colors. Really like them too!!
I took a page out of Virginia's book and used some brighter colors stamped and embossed on vellum. They look softer in the photo, but they really do pop against the pink and green. Gina K. flower stamps, first stamped in TH embossing ink, then dabbed with some pink Color Box. Dusted with Ranger Holographic EP. Die cut some green vellum with an MFT leaf. SU ribbon. WPlus9 sentiment with Ranger Sap Green ink. The pink and green panels are scraps.
And I have one last card to share. This one is for Avery Elle's latest challenge to use a die cut as well as for Time Out.
Sooo much to choose from in this fun photo!
I printed some dp from two of my Silhouette files - the large stripes and the small polka dots. I attached the large stripes to my Neenah white base, and then die cut the polka dots with an MFT die. Some orange striped washi tape, some SC star sequins, and an AE sentiment (LOVE this set!!!) with ME Hazel ink. And since I've kept you long enough, I'll shut up now. Happy dances everyone!