Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Good Day for Crafting

It's gloomy and overcast outside today, though I will say that it's warm out. Any precipitation today would be rain as opposed to snow. Later this week our temps dip into normal December weather. Before moving onto my projects, and just in case you're interested, I've got grandkids photos in this post. And if not, keep reading! : )

I've got one card and one project for today's post. First up is the Muse Challenge. Don't you just love this challenge? Every week, the DT has an amazing Muse, and I swear, all the entries are fantastic. Do take the time to check it out...if you haven't already! : ) Now. This week's Muse is the lovely and talented Laurie Willison. Her cards are always gorgeous, and this one is no exception:


For my card, I went with a fairly literal interpretation of Laurie's card. Fairly. Large plain panel, and ampersand, and stripes. 


Using my Cameo, I cut three ampersands and stacked them. The "peace" and "love" are from Lawn Fawn. Random red and green cardstock scraps, and the stripes are from AC. Red VersaMark ink, and I covered the ampersand with Wink of Stella. EZPZ. Or as Darnell would say: QACAS. 

Next up is my project for the Lawnscaping Challenge #71. We are to make a project using a tag or a treat bag. I made both. I have to tell you that LF stamps are so nice. Every time I break them out, they stamp perfectly. And it's always fun playing in the Lawnscaping challenges. This treat bag is full of peanut butter cups for my DH. He loves little treats, and on Christmas morning, he'll find this on his desk in the family room. He'll be delighted with this! 


And here's what I made:


First, it has polka dots. How fun are they??!! And next it has glittery ribbon. The very last little bitty bit of it. *sniff-sniff*. But don't overlook the jingle bells...I love jingle bells. Even typing the word "jingle" is fun! I've used one of my favorite LF stamp sets, Winter Gifts, and its matching die. Black SU ink, and colored with ProMarkers. I tore the legs off (gee...doesn't that sound cruel???) a large brad, and popped up the cap. IRL it matches the Reminisce polka dot paper. I cut the treat bag with my Cameo...turned out cute and DH will find this amusing. Well, that's it. Heading back to the mess I left, and am going to hopefully start work on another project. BTW.... don't forget to watch for the Lawnscaping Winter Blog Hop. It's coming up December 13th. Hope to see you there!! Happy dances everyone. 


24 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Lawn Fawn tag. I love how you added the jingle bells.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Bev ... the colours on your Muse card are simply gorgeous ... love that greeny grey with the luscious red ... especially with the blingy-ness! Now, gift bag ... complete with peanut butter goodies ... yum, yum, yum ... that's the polka dots, jingle bells, glorious glittery ribbon, sweet tag and of course the tongue tickling treats! John's sure to love the whole thing! Anita :)

Shannon J said...

Love them both! Especially that polka dotted bag - simply adorable!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fabulous Bev, the cluster of jingle bells on the tag is so cute!

Geri said...

Adore your MUSE card Bev! The arrangement of the ampersand sign and the 'peace' and 'love' words is perfect! The bit of sparkle paper really dresses up the sentiment panel! Beautifully clean & simple!

John's treat bag is adorable! The polka dot paper is fun, fun, fun! (BTW - what is the name of the treat bag cut file?). You did a fabulous job spiffing this up. The jingle bells rock (sorry, just couldn't resist that!) and the legless brad adds a nice big pop to the tag! I can see why you were 'saving' that ribbon...it's gorgeous!

Yummy on the outside, yummies in the inside!

Kim Heggins said...

Bev, this is one fabulous card! And don't you just love Wink of Stella!!! This stuff is amazing, fabulous and so fun. Love your take on this week's Muse challenge, your striped paper and the red, simply brilliant!

Kristie Goulet said...

Bev, LOVE your MUSE card! I love the red ampersand! LOVE your polka dot gift bag and the cute little tag with the fun jingle bells. LOVE!!!

Ardyth said...

Such a great take on this week's Muse - I love the stacked look of the ampersand! Thanks for joining us this week!

Lindsey said...

Adore your card...so glad you interpreted it literally. And your gift bag is darling!! I'd sniff too if that ribbon was gone...it's fantastic. Thanks for reminding me about trimming the "legs" off brads...I haven't done that in a while it is a great way to use them. (P.S. You've convinced me that I must get some jingle bells.) :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

PERFECT designs! LOVE your Projects!!!
Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

cm said...

A duo of delight, dear friend! Your MUSE take is simply adorable, with that fun font and eye-catching ampersand. Sparkle just adds to the awesome-ness. Now that treat bag: your husband will be charmed by how thoughtful your gift is! Home-made, 'handsome' and filled with his favourite PD cups: seems like the perfect present! LOVE the little tag (and given my tag-a-thon, trust me, I've seen plenty to give a most accurate assessment!). Yours is darling X 1000000! Your rainy weather sounds not fun; we're at -34C today. Flippin' freezing - wearing my gi-normous North Face parka!!! Hugs ~ c

Greta said...

2 great cards! Love your Muse card!

Kim S said...

I LOVE the giant ampersand - it definitely points out the many blessings of Christmas. And I LOVE Lawn Fawn - I'm looking forward to the blog hop too. Your polka dotted bag is the perfect backdrop to your bouquet of jingle bells.

Elise C. said...

That is such a cute tag for your treat bag! The jingle bells are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

Keren Baker said...

Ooooh- gorgeous. I much prefer the sparkly ampersand ;-) and that treat bag? Perfection!! I absolutely Love it. The dots are awesome and your stamping is so perfect! That recipient is one lucky so and so! Thanks for your lovely comment; pin away!! xx (I'm pinning your treat bag!)

Darnell said...

I'll have what you're having, not the YKWs - the meds, LOL! That was a fun post, Bevie! Your CASE of Laurie's cool '&' card is perfection! I actually like yours way better and love the QACASishness of it!!

And your treat bag for DH is so adorable and so loving! Geez, no wonder you had all those kids and are still together! My DH usually finds himself holding a different bag on Christmas morning - a lawn bag for picking up all the torn wrapping paper and boxes!! Your DH is a lucky, lucky man ~ and I know you would say the reverse is true, too!

Be well and stop being so cruel to the brads! (Very clever idea!) Hugs, Darnell

Kelly Griglione said...

So classy, Bev! Those soft colors with the tiny bit of red on your Christmas card are so appealing!!

Lori said...

Fabulous cards! I love the tiny bit of sparkle on the ampersand--it really makes it festive.

Christiana said...

Really great cards! Love the Lawn Fawn tag especially. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fabulous take on the Muse card!

Anonymous said...

Both super duper cards! Fab idea to stack the ampersand!

Anonymous said...

Yippee ... happy dancing for you, Bev ... congratulations on being a Featured Member at Muse with this delicious ampersand delight! Woo-hoo my friend! Anita :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yes, winter is divine!!! CONGRATS on your muse HM!!!! Ps love this bag and tag combo too!!!

Have a happy dance day!!!

Darnell said...

I'm dancing back in with a big hug, Bevie, and a congratulations for the HM honor from your peers at MUSE!! Hugs, Darnell