Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Struggling

I've been struggling with migraines for over a week now, and haven't felt much like crafting. Today is tolerable, and after seeing my sister (yay! Hi Sue), I came home and made the last card for the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Oh, Paulina, I love this challenge! Sometimes when I'm crafting, I play around with the ideas, and change the layout. With the TMCD, I just go with what was in my head (besides the migraine, that is..). Great color combo at the TMCD, be sure to check it out:

CD_30

This card will also go into Addicted to Stamps and More, where participants need to "make your mark". Using pens, markers, colored pencils... This qualifies as the cake and frosting were colored with Copics!

Addicted to Stamps and More!

Here's my card:




Scraps from my scrapbox, and I only know that the yellow polka dot is an MME. A bit of navy ribbon from SU, Jenni Bowlin navy ink, magenta and yellow Copics, all LF stamps, and a dash of MS glitter. The flag was cut using my MFT dies. And yes, this only took 9:49!!! Talk about a "WHEW"!!! But if you look at the basic design, it really went together quickly.

My next card is for the Pinspired Challenge. They have a fun and funky pinspiration photo for us, and if you hurry, you can still play! Check it out:


Coffee and cake. Sweets and flowers. My main inspiration came from the horizontal stripes (cake), and the colors. Oh, and the coffee of course! See what you think.


A wonky photo. Guess I just suck at photography...Anyway...More scraps. Every little piece is out of the scrapboxes. Colorbox brown ink, PS coffee cup stamp, MFT sentiment, MME yellow dots, and I made the pink ones. Not sure if you can see the sparkle on the pink ones. I used my paper punch and punched out the pink paper. Added a layer of Wink of Stella, and then Glossy Accents, et, voila! Cool in real life. 

Now, if I promise only one more card today, will you still look? Hope so, and I do promise! It's for Retro Sketches and Less Is More.  At LIM, we're to use patterned paper in a CAS way. And check out the cool sketch from Laurie Willison:



So love this sketch! Very cool. And my card:


Scraps. Again. Yay!!! SU baby stamps. I stamped and fussy cut the boat. EZPZ. A bit of brown ink from Colorbox, SU yellow, and an aqua-ish/blue/green ink from Colorbox. Love the simplicity of this sketch. Okay, I'm done, as promised and will try, head willing to do more tomorrow. Happy dances everyone.


28 comments:

Sue - said...

Wow some lovely cards. The baby one is so sweet. Hope your head feels better soon. Migraines are miserable- I know only too well!

Anonymous said...

Oh Bev, how wonderful to have you back ... and feeling better ... yay! Cards ... wow! 10MCD ... so sweet and fun, and all in under 10 mins, awesome! Pinspired ... fabulous colours, a gorgeous smattering of dots and such a great sentiment! LIM ... such an adorable baby card ... love the aqua-ish/blue/green colour! You should know, I'll always look ... the more of your cards, the merrier ... awesome return, dear friend! Anita :)

Bobby said...

For not feeling well you sure rolled out some great cards. And one in under 10 minutes.

Lynn said...

I hope that you feel better quickly. Your cards are adorable. I love the variety!

Andrea Garland said...

I love so much that lawn fawn stamp set, the glitter on top of the cake is so beautiful as your card Bev. Thanks for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

Darnell said...

Oh, gosh, Bevie, as much as I love each and every one of your fabulous snippets-using cards, I do hope you didn't overdo it in the craft room today! That's a LOT, both creatively and work-wise. Selfishly, it's wonderful to see you back, but do take care!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Bev...I am so sorry to hear you are struggling again but from the looks of your fabulous cards you would really never know.
You are in my prayers sweetie...wish there was more I could do. Sending gentle hugs your way too.

Paulina said...

Your birthday card is DARLING! I love the glitter and you highlighted these color perfectly! I'm so glad you joined in this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash.

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with migraines. I get them often, so you have my deepest sympathies. I hope it lets up and you start feeling much better! <3

wienerhoneymooners said...

Bev, so HAPPY for these cards. Makes me smile. WOW, every time I see you have migraines I feel for you. I used to have them too.. I had one the other day and wow, I felt bad as I forgot how debilitating they can be. I know craftiness is a medicine and so glad you were able to tolerate to do these beauties! My heart goes out to you - and you are one of my big inspirations.
Cyber Hugz Kimberly!

Chrissie said...

Love your LIM card, that little boat is the cutest!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Tracey McNeely said...

Hi Bev I am so sorry about your migraine. I have had two 3-day spells of them myself in he last week. Loving your cards today, keep creating. ~hugs

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I especially love the first one with the sweet little glittered cake!
Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

cm said...

I'm happy-dancing that you're back,with a "Bev-y" of delightful, delicious cards to share! Each one is infused with your always special touches: colours/patterns, sweet images, clever takes on inspirations! The fact that you participated in the TMCD is impressive, as is the card you made! Now, I'll stand beside Darnell, expressing hopes that you're not over-taxing your energy! I can't imagine dealing with YKWs for a second, never mind a week! As much as we want you back (and that is oodles upon oodles), what's more important is that you're healthy and whole! Sending positive vies your way!! Hugs, to you, dear friend - and again, LOVE these sweets for the eyes!!
c

stressfreestamping said...

Sorry to hear about your migraines. I too suffer from them and I hate how they mess with my crafting time! I hope you are feeling better soon. Your cards are so cute and made me smile. I love those little images! Thanks for sharing them with us at ATSM. :)

Sharon said...

Pink patterned paper on the top photo is SoHo Garden by American Craft! My all time favorite collection!! Feel better soon!

Geri said...

Yay - you're back! Nice to see that you kicked those headaches to the curb! Atta girl!

Fabulous creations. Each one totally amazing! Love the polka dots and the colors of your first card - sweet image too! Soooooo totally impressed that you can create a card like this in record time!

The PIN card - wowzers! Colors are gorgeous (as is the inspiration photo). Your home made enamel dots are PERFECT! Gotta ask...what is Wink of Stella? (I'm quite sure it is not a gal named Stella with a twitchy eye!). The dark strips really do an awesome job of showcasing the main elements of the card!

Third card - GASP! You have totally captured 'baby softness' with this pretty card! The rich colors of the boat are so effective against the pastel background! Absolutely beyond sweetness my dear friend!


Joyce said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your migraine. Somehow, you managed to create 3 cute and happy cards.

Beverley said...

Awesome cards, sorry to hear you've been unwell with migraines. Get well hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

Love the baby card - so cute. And is that vellum I spy? Gill x

Stephanie said...

Love that sparkly frosting! Your cake looks yummy :) Way to go on using scraps- its always such a great feeling...Hope your feeling better!

Lalo said...

What a crafty collection of cards. The PINspired card your created was SPOT ON with the photo...LOVE IT!!!!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Super cute card! Sorry to hear about the migraines, but glad you found 10 minutes to do this! Really sweet card. Thanks for playing at the 10 MInute Craft Dash!

Nonni said...

Great card! I love the fun colors. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

maria f. said...

Considering you were under the weather... wow. Love that magenta in the first one (was always my favorite color in the Crayola box of 64). You striped take on the Pinspired photo is spot on. And this teeny little boat is so adorbs. I'm in love with the brown. Seems so soft, yet "real".

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats on top 3 ( me too) at Pinspired, they are such a sweet little challenge!! Have a sweet day!!

Caryn said...

Aw, hope you're feeling better :)
Great card - that design is so versatile. Thanks for joining in at the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge.
Big hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kim S said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with migraines. There are so many sicknesses/life troubles/annoyances from which making cards can be an escape - but there is absolutely no escaping from a migraine. (And I wish coffee would solve it for you!)

Each card is so cheerful - I don't know how you managed. I love the bright patterns on the birthday card - perfectly grounded with the dark ribbon. I love coffee and coffee cards - the sprinkle of dots are exactly the happy feeling that I get with my warm mug each morning. And I love the way you have used the sketch - the strip of vellum is perfect for the baby boat!

I will be thinking of you and hope to see more posts so that we all know you are feeling better!

Betty said...

So cute. Love your smiling cake. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.