Sunday, July 14, 2013

How did I get so far behind?

I have no idea how things have gotten so far out of control...I spent the last couple of hours commenting on those whose blogs I love to visit, and I still have the cards on the different challenges to comment on, AND then a few emails to do. I'm just wondering if the rose bed can wait for its weeding and spraying one more day, or if I should try to 'do it all'... Well, only time will tell today.

I've got a card for the Fusion Card Challenge. A while back, I got this cute stamp set from My Cute Stamps, and I find I still get a chuckle out of these little critters. Some stamps you just know you'll love forever. That's this set...among many. In the past, I've tried to do the fusion of both challenges, but today, I am only doing the "Lesley" side of the Fusion. (Sorry to the whole left side of the DT...), but I had fun with it and hope you'll find a little giggle at this stack of critters. This is the inspiration:


Both sides are pretty darn cool. 
This is my take:


Can you guess which animal is my favorite? Hint: I'm from 'Wiscownsin'...hahahaha (sorry). Bazzill white card base, red and black scraps, We R Memory Keepers green gingham, the Twinery twine, Su black ink, various Copics, and the sentiment is from TAWS Adorabowl and has been masked so that just the HI shows. And that's it! Have a good rest of your Sunday. Happy dances everyone. 

21 comments:

Karen M said...

This is great! Love those cute critters and the way you have stacked them x

Denise Price said...

I love the animal stack. Soooooo cute!

lostinpaper said...

This card is totally the cutest!! Love that fab gingham on an angle, it makes the perfect panel background.

Jackie Rockwell said...

I know the feeling of things getting so hectic your head spins. That's how I felt a couple of months ago. Luckily things are slowing down now.

Super cute take on the challenge and I think your Wiscownsin cow is adorable! LOL!

Darnell said...

This puts the whimsi in whimsical, Bevie! It always karacks me up, too, to see a stack of animals. The boys in Iowa used to do something called "cow tipping" - was that a Wiscowsin thing, too? Anyway, I'm glad you let the other stuff go and made a happy dance card for us!!

Kim Heggins said...

Bev, this is just about the cutest card ever!!! I love your whimsical animals, so sweet! How does not love a stack of adorable fame animals, right? I love the song Lou Reed, it is about cow tipping, just so fun.

Geri said...

I'm with Darnell....glad that you took some time for yourself to make an incredible sweet card that you shared with us! Love the Old MacDonald look of thes cute stack of little critters!

Yep, the cow s definitely my favorite too! Awesome coloring - especially love how you colored the chicken (or is it a rooster?) The green gingham totally rocks this country scene :)

Lyndal said...

Awesome card Bev - LOVE your stacked animal farm & the gingham sets it off perfectly! Glad you joined in the fun playing @ FUSION :)

Hannelie said...

OOh! So cute! Spot on!

Kim S said...

SO cute...such happy little animals all stacked up like that...and perfectly backed with the gingham!

Kylie said...

Oh my goodness, Bev, this is totally adorable!! I love how you stacked them and then framed the panel with the gingham. The twine just finishes it off perfectly!

Ardyth said...

These guys are great! I love the topsy turvy feel of it and the carry through of the country theme to the gingham! Whoever gets this in the mail will dfinitely have a big smile on their face!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great, fun take on the sketch. Your happy looking stacked animals are adorable and I can see why you are so fond of them. Such a cheery card.

Anonymous said...

Know that feeling so well, Bev ... I'm with Darnell and Geri ... so pleased you made such a sweet card and gave us a chuckle with this stack of cute critters! I do love that little cow ... actually I love the chicken and pig too, their expressions are so calm!! Anita :)

Bobby said...

I can see why you like these little guys. They would make anybody smile. I like how you pulled the entire card together with a decidedly country feel, befitting Wiscownsin.

Lindsey said...

Hee! Love those animals all stacked up on top of each other. So cute!

cm said...

Yes indeed, I fully understand the 'busy-ness' of crafting, posting, commenting - and then the 'other stuff' that needs attention! So glad you took time for yourself to create this deliciously charming card! Stack o'critters = day-brightening and smile-making in a major way! LOVE it!!
c

Marybeth said...

Hi Bev! This is way over the top on the cute meter! Adorable and I love the way you stacked theses cute guys. I am guessing the cow,and she is too cute! Love the chick and hen too! I know where my vote is going!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!

Geri said...

This is so sweet...and I really love the fresh colors you chose for it!

Unknown said...

love the card - so cute and the gingham background is perfect for this 'farm' theme!