Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Guess What??!!

Give up yet?! Let me start out by saying that I had the most wonderful Saturday. I drove up to Cedarburg, just north of Milwaukee to meet up with a friend. What a sweet little town. On its main street, Cedarburg has tons of fun shops carrying everything from baking supplies, to shops full of fun and funky items, and let's not forget all the great little restaurants and coffee shops. It's a happy place with a peaceful river flowing through it, and a gentle falls that usually looks like green glass. The leaves around town were beginning to change color, making this a perfect fall day. Even though it was a bit windy and overcast, the predicted thunderstorms held off until later that afternoon. It was there I met up with Ardyth!!! In. Real. Life!! Face-to-face talking. Laughing. Shopping. More talking. Enjoying the bit of time we had together. Imagine trying to fill a scant few hours with as much as possible. Toward the end of our visit, we met up with Courtney, Ardyth's sister, Katie, Ardyth's daughter, and Courtney's sil, whose name has suddenly escaped me! Lol. We went for lunch inside the old mill, at it's little crepe restaurant. Yummy. After lunch, it was time for us to go our separate ways... But not before a photo op. I'm the one who looks like a grandma, lol! (After 19 grandkids, I sure should!!) I just couldn't stop grinning! She's as sweet and nice as you can imagine. What a blessing to be able to spend time with her! Thanks for the great day, Ardyth!


And I actually do have two cards for some challenges to post today too. The first card will go into CASE Study Challenge #160, as well as the Lawnscaping Challenge #67

 
  

And this is the card I made:


For this card, beside the white Bazzill base, I used all patterned scraps! Yay! The stamps are from Lawn Fawn, two sets, a few N&T sequins, and some black SU ink.

My next card was inspired by a pin from one of my boards, found here. This will be my second card going into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. They're "going dotty" over there. This one definitely qualifies!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


This one really makes me happy. Fun colors, don't you think? It went together really quickly. On top of a white Bazzill base, scraps of both dp and cardstock were used. Some ribbon from Michaels, a Newton's Nook sentiment with SU black ink, and voila, done! I'll stop chatting now, but will be back soon. Happy dances to you today and every day!



25 comments:

Laurel said...

What fabulous cards! I am LOVING that speech bubble patterned paper card.......... LOVE!

Thanks for joining us at the Lawnscaping challenge! ~ Laurel

Hannelie said...

Lucky lucky lucky you! And Ardyth!
You made 2 beautiful cards. Yellow makes me so happy!Throw some polkas in... and it's a winning recipe!
And all that scraps sure made an awesome card!

Mistylynn said...

Love your bright and fun cards!

cm said...

You and Ardyth..two of my top favourite crafty people - and together? Delightful+++ What a wonderful time you shared, and the photo - all I see are a couple of charming, beautiful women!! And, speaking of beautiful - let's add your cards to that description! Fun, fresh, colourful, day-brightening and smile-making! To think they're all made from scraps - even more impressive! Fabulous post, dear Bev - you definitely have me happy dancing!!
c

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Bev, it was wonderful meeting up with you in Cedarburg and I'm so glad we got our picture taken before I got completely drenched in the rain later that day! lol! I love how the CASE Study inspired your fun birthday card and the bright sunny colours of the second are gorgeous!

Craftychris said...

What a lovely time you had and such a fab photo too! Both your cards are gorgeous! I especially like the yellow dotty one - its a really happy card! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

How much do I love your post? First, to meet Ardyth I know was probably fabulous. I have met Ardyth twice and she is truly as lovely as she seems! Now I feel guilty when I can meet up with her in a half hour and don't do it often enough. Your day sounds delightful! Love your cards today too Bev--excellent!

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I especially like the one you made for the CASE study-- it's so sweet!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Lucky you meeting Ardyth! I have just take a break from making a card with the exact same set for the exact same challenges!!! It's my only Lawn Fawn set. Hmmm, I should' have stopped! I do love your card especially the addition of the cake!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, WOW! What a great phot op, you lovely ladies look like you had some fun in your time together! How cool!

I love both cards, so cheerful (I especially love the yellow dots!)!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is such a fun post! I am so glad you took the time for a photo! It is a great one!
Great cards too! Thanks for sharing.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is sooooo exciting! Fabulous photo of the two of you too and you both look amazing! What an incredible treat to get to spend a few hours with Ardyth and I am sure she was just as tickled to spend time with you! Stunning and sweet cards by the way, that bright yellow one is simply incredible!

debby4000 said...

Love both your fabulous card but the sunshine yellow card is possibly my favourite.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby

Lynn said...

Lucky, lucky girl to meet Ardyth! It sounds like the most perfect day! I love your cards...the bow on the second..swoon!

cbuswell said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

mypapercraftworld said...

What a Saturday, Bev ... you and Ardyth getting to meet up and spend some fun time together. That's such a lovely photo of you both ... fabulous smiles, joyful faces, delightful people! Your cards are, as ever, brilliant, my friend ... delicious whimsy on the first, bold bright and bow-y on the second ... love them both! Anita :)

maria f. said...

Both sweet cards, Bev. Love all the Lawn Fawn goodness. And I'm so jealous of your fine time with Ardyth. And the crepes.

Elise C. said...

Your speech bubble card looks great! That is a great way to use patterned paper scraps! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Isn't Ardyth the best, Bev?! So easy going and just plain fun to be around! If my son didn't have a football game on Saturday I might have tried driving up to meet you guys.

Both cute cards, Bev, especially the happy yellow and blue card!

Marybeth said...

Well I have to say the little town you meet Ardyth in sounds wonderful! So glad you had a nicer time.how fun that you both got to meet in real life.
Love your cards, the yellow polka dot so adorable and happy !

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, my Bevie, you have been busy making really brilliant cards since I've been away!! I haven't seen any challenges or winning posts, but these would all be marked down in my book of winners!!

I scrolled and lingered and stopped here on the funnest post of all and the fab picture of you and Ardyth! I'm so jealous that you got to meet each other and spend time together. I'm also very happy for you all that it was a beautiful fall day and the thunderstorms held off.

It's good to be back! Hugs, Darnell

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wonderful cards! Esp. love your speech bubble card - so cute and fun! + great use of patterned paper! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Kim S said...

You are so lucky!!! (And so is Ardyth!) And I can tell your mood rubbed off on your cheerful card with the totally cute word bubbles!

Christiana said...

Sounds like an amazing day! And your card is great. Thanks for playing at Lawnscaping!

Kylie said...

So excited for you that you got to meet Ardyth in real life! Thrilled you had such an amazing day too. :) You cards are so pretty - love the bright yellow with the bright blue ribbon. So gorgeous! The speech bubbles with the patterned paper - great idea! Never crossed my mind to try such a thing.