Monday, November 5, 2012

CSC115

Thoughts and prayers to all those on the East Coast who are suffering the effects of Sandy. Here on the western shores of Lake Michigan, we had outlying wind bands from Sandy that whipped the wind into a frenzy. Can't even begin to imagine what all those folks went through, and will continue to go through for the next months. Stay safe all.

      Was just outside, and look what my clematis gave me this morning!


One lone flower! Poor thing doesn't even realize that it's the 5th of November. And it's huge! Next year on that nicely weathered bench, of which you can see a bit, I'll be planting some lemony yellow clematis to grow and cover it. Should be really pretty.

Saturday I spent the day with my sister Sue, niece Jackie, and friend Terry. We drove to the Scrapbook Store in Greenfield, did a make & take, ate breakfast, shopped, and then hopped on a coach bus to Hannah's in Antioch, and then out to Polka Dots in Mukwonago for more of the same! Super day. Can't wait to do it again!  And then after church yesterday, Jen says, "wanna go to Archivers in a while?"...how could I have said no?!! They had cardstock buy 10 get 10 free. One can never have too much paper!! Now it's time to get busy with some of that paper. Will be working on little Drew's scrapbook for Christmas. No, I haven't gotten it done yet...So many other things to do, however, I will be diligently working on it and get it finished! (not just this very minute...later...today for sure...I think..)

I have 18, yes, you heard right, 18 grandchildren. Chances are pretty good that one or more of them, or their parents has a birthday in whatever month we're in. November is no exception. Today I have a card for my very handsome, and perfectly wonderful grandson Lorenzo. I will pop this into Case Study #115, here 'tis:


Bazzill white cardstock, all scraps of blues (yippee!!!), used Cricut to cut the 16, and in the negative space, used a computer generated font for the happy birthday, pop dots, and white bling from Mark Richards. I'm thinking he'll really like the card, especially when he finds the gift card inside ; )  
Happy dances everyone.


8 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card love the colour. Caroline xxx

Happy Dance said...

Thanks Caroline--just hope grandson likes it!

Sharon said...

Great card! Thanks for the "plug" on Saturday! Hope to see you soon.

Sharon

Happy Dance said...

Thanks Sharon. Wherever there's paper, I can be found shortly thereafter!! Glad you stopped by Happy Dance. Bev

Maureen said...

what a lovely post! A sweet flower that doesn't realize it shouldn't be blooming and a day filled with good company, shopping and creating :) I need one of those days :) What a super fun card! lOVE everything about it,

Happy Dance said...

Thanks for stopping by Happy Dance, Maureen. Clematis are among my fav flowers; beauty all spring, summer, fall, and the foliage is great in winter too! Thanks too for your kind words about my card--they are much appreciated. Bev

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I like this design - wonderful idea. I threw most of my smaller scraps out last week but I still have lots of larger bits I can cut up... h'mm - might just have to have a go at this! Thank you so much for the inspiration - I love blues, too, so it was bound to please me. So sorry, too, to hear your sad news today but thank you for the affirmation of what we believe - amen xxx

Happy Dance said...

I'm so glad you stopped by Cath. You should check out the challenge over at Paper Smooches Sparks! It has a gorgeous blue; one of my favorite shades! And thank you so much for the kind words. I absolutely know that I will see them again in heaven!! hugs, Bev